We went for a tiny solo hack tonight.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
I know this probably isn't a big thing for most, but for us, it's absolutely massive.

We walked & trotted in hand round the smallest loop track, it takes 5 mins if you trot the hills (& I did. In hand. Gasping) twice.

On the third loop, I got on & we trotted up the hill! We did it!

That's two situations in open spaces where he's been utterly brilliant. So chuffed.

Mule

Visit site
I know this probably isn't a big thing for most, but for us, it's absolutely massive.

We walked & trotted in hand round the smallest loop track, it takes 5 mins if you trot the hills (& I did. In hand. Gasping) twice.

On the third loop, I got on & we trotted up the hill! We did it!

That's two situations in open spaces where he's been utterly brilliant. So chuffed.

Well done you and Dave. How's the new yard going?

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Well done you and Dave. How's the new yard going?

Absolutely LOVING it. Walking out of the stables onto tracks, lovely folks, I actually have never felt so welcomed & at home when I expected it all to be so terrifying. Yes, it's busy. There's lots of folk & ponies, but it's NICE. Dave has settled so well & is obviously happy. He's hanging out with his mates & bar the one injury (a mere scuff on his neck) has been clean so far. I think his herd background has kicked in & he's knowing his place (Though he does hang out with the BIG guys!)

Thank you!

Mule

Visit site
Absolutely LOVING it. Walking out of the stables onto tracks, lovely folks, I actually have never felt so welcomed & at home when I expected it all to be so terrifying. Yes, it's busy. There's lots of folk & ponies, but it's NICE. Dave has settled so well & is obviously happy. He's hanging out with his mates & bar the one injury (a mere scuff on his neck) has been clean so far. I think his herd background has kicked in & he's knowing his place (Though he does hang out with the BIG guys!)

Thank you!

Excellent. I bet his herd background makes a massive difference to him.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
I've been following your threads with interest, with so little experience I've had nothing to say, but I DO know and can share that lovely feeling when you achieve something! Well done you and Dave, he's a gorgeous boy, onwards and upwards!

Kikke

Visit site
Well done!!! for some hacking alone may well be a daily normal thing but it can also be a huge achievement!! how exciting!!

Surbie

Visit site
Well done! It is a really big step and I hope you and Dave have suitably rewarded yourselves...:D

Lovely to hear you are both settling so well in the new place.

Ceriann

Visit site
That’s great and you are totally entitled to be super chuffed. Little positive steps are so important. Well done both.

sherbet

Visit site
I managed a solo hack today about 15 mins down our private road (one more house further down than us) so knew I was not going to meet anything, was very pleased with myself when I got back Its a great felling well done you. Daughter then reminded me the bin men where due and I had done well to miss them, nice of her to mention it before I headed out!!!!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Well done to everyone making little but positive steps!

We did it again tonight, just to make sure last night wasn't a fluke!

& thank you everyone so much for all your positive comments. They mean a lot to Dave & me.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
I also hope that if there are folks who are having a wobble, or who haven't the most confidence read my posts, they might grasp a bit of positivity from my tales. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Break it down, baby steps are still steps. Be proud of those little steps & one day......

M&M&G

Visit site
I also hope that if there are folks who are having a wobble, or who haven't the most confidence read my posts, they might grasp a bit of positivity from my tales. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Break it down, baby steps are still steps. Be proud of those little steps & one day......

Thank you Dave's mum - yes that's me!! I am on the same journey, have turned a corner but very much on the baby steps and celebrating those achievements! Great to hear about your positive progress.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Thank you Dave's mum - yes that's me!! I am on the same journey, have turned a corner but very much on the baby steps and celebrating those achievements! Great to hear about your positive progress.

Do keep at it. I've only gone solo round a really tiny loop & the next biggest loop is quite daunting, but again, we'll break it down. We've done it in company once & will do again at least once before we do that solo.

I'm lucky, my pony is only 13hh & I can bounce on & off as I feel the situation suits.

Good Luck!