We won't let the weather deter us - arena eventing report!

Girlracer

Visit site
Afternoon, thought I would come and do a brief competition report from the weekend!

The morning didn't start so well, when I headed to the yard in this...

image_1.jpeg

But we didn't let it deter us and we headed off to go and have a go at some 'proper' arena eventing. It was held at Dallas Burston Polo Club, SO much space! It was great.

I wasn't too sure how King would react, as it was a big spooky arena. In fact, I was basically mulling over every possible outcome - none were good. That's the usual battle for me now on the lead up to my round now! Thankfully once I'm on and in there I forget about all of that and the competitive side takes over.

It was a course of 4 show jumps, followed by 7 XC fences and then a 'technical' section of skinnys, corners, arrow heads and water trays! TheXC section was timed, with an optimum time.

So we went in, and stormed round. I'd say it was one of the most confident rounds I've ridden in about 7 years...!! However it was a little too confident as out of over 70 horses only 2 others went faster... Which meant we were well off the optimum time, but a super clear round put us into tenth. I stayed and watched until more or less the end and unfortunately one of the last horses rode a winning round and we were just knocked out the placings - so nearly our first rossie!

So pleased with him and can't wait for Swalcliffe ODE, 2 weeks today!

Some gorgeous photos taken on the day - which I won't share on here despite having permission, because I'll get banned again ;). But I have shared them on our Facebook page if you would like to have a little look!

https://www.facebook.com/monarchequine/posts/1705005039779943

dixie

Visit site
Well done, looking fab in the photos and great to get another good round under your belt, there will be no stopping you now.
You wouldn't believe it was the same day by looking at the first snowy photo!

Crackerz

Visit site
He is such a great looking horse and has worked wonders for your confidence!

It's great to see you enjoying competing again after your run of bad luck with Major and broken parts of your body!

Michen

Visit site
Fab! Confused though, why can't you post photos on here that you have bought and paid for?!

LouisCat

Visit site
Great pictures ☺ when is the next event? I only live about 10 mins from Dallas Burston. I might come and have a look

Girlracer

Visit site
Thank you all. It is nice to be getting out and about finally - I hope that I can battle the 'broken bone demons' and get back to where I used to be. The nice thing is that he isn't a 'been there and done it' horse, he had never been to a competition before I took him Show Jumping in May last year, he's also not very straightforward. Which makes everything even more rewarding. He's so genuine though, and we've always had a pretty good understanding of one another. He is literally my dream horse to be honest.

Michen - dunno, it's the rules I guess! I've been banned for it before as someone always reports it. Very frustrating but I'm sure there's a reason. Last time it happened they removed photos from my post that were taken by my friend - big compliment to him I guess!

LouisCat - next one is May 14th and we will be there for that :)