Weanling and feeding

Silver

Visit site
I have my weanling arriving next weekend. I have contacted the feed companies for recommendations for feed. She will live lit 24/7 on not the best grazing and ad lib hay. The feed companies have suggested a stud balancer and possibly a alf Alfa chaff.

What works for you? Would be great to hear from you all?

be positive

Visit site
I have my weanling arriving next weekend. I have contacted the feed companies for recommendations for feed. She will live lit 24/7 on not the best grazing and ad lib hay. The feed companies have suggested a stud balancer and possibly a alf Alfa chaff.

What works for you? Would be great to hear from you all?

I think it depends very much on what type she is, a tb will have different requirements to a native which would probably be fine on nothing other than grass and hay, also to consider is how you feed her and if the others get fed or not, if you can bring her in to eat in peace or trying to feed by the field with her field mates all looking on while it is pouring with rain.

Silver

Visit site
She is currently on a stud/young stock mix and dried grass (grass pellets) all our horses are fed at the same time so no problem there.
She is a criollo cross.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Grass/hay and a good youngstock balancer is all you need. I fed mine grass pellets but only a handful to mix with the pellets.