Weather!!!

domane

Visit site
Oh isn't this just the WORST weather to have a newborn/young foal?!!

Slippery soggy ground, chilly, windy and wet. For two weeks now the ground has been getting worse and worse... and there's no end in sight yet.....

*sigh*

Asha

Visit site
totally agree. My poor foal is hardly getting anytime out yet. The only positives are that she doesnt give a flying hoot about the mud. In fact we have nicknamed her piglet. She just heads straight for it and splashes about. Also, bought a foal rug for my first foal 3 years ago, never used it. Put it on her today for 5 mins while she was in the arena, just while i was mucking out. She was really good. Shes definitely the best handled foal so far !!
Fortunately mum is quite happy to be in, so baby is happy too.

Just fed up of mucking out on straw, i stink, my car stinks, my dog stinks.

Boo.

Rollin

Visit site
If it consoles you all, we live in a part of France known for its sweet and gentle climate, as my vet says " 'perfect for breeding horses' the climate is fabulous that is why the French Kings built their chateaux here."

Well yesterday it rained for about 20 hours non-stop. My rested and reseeded paddocks are trashed and as I write all are under cover drying off and eating the last scraps of last year's hay!! boo hoo.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Yes, the poor foal has to stay in today. He has been getting out for four hours a day in the arena, but should be in the nice lush paddocks, as should all the other horses. So frustrating!

CorradeeStud

Visit site
i have a puddlefoal ;)
dsc0197lh.jpg

dsc0194lh.jpg

dsc0176c.jpg

dsc0131gs.jpg