weatherbeeta 300 combo

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
Hi, ive been looking for a heavyweight stable rug for my horse as hes a big wimpy TB, and have come across the weatherbeeta 300 combo and was wondering if anyone else had this rug for theirs. and if they did what they think of it (good or bad)

not had my horse for long and never bought rugs for my old loan horses so was unsure of sizing of Weatherbeeta
he's usually a 6'3 in all his other rugs so will he be the same in weatherbeeta or do these rugs tend to come up long/short?

Any info appreciated, and any advise of the best places to buy

thanks, charlotte

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I have one of these. Is brill.

Finni's a 6' 3 T/B - fits perfectly.

Got it from Equestrian Clearance
smile.gif

brightmount

Visit site
This is the most popular rug on our yard. I have them for both of mine. They are snug and warm without being heavy. I love them. I sold my horrible heavy Fals to buy these for this winter.

Sizing is accurate, buy 6'3"

Loopy Lu

Visit site
Funny, I'd say they are on the large size! 6' in a rambo fitted my mare, but 6' in a Weatherbeeta was quite long. I would put rambos at a better fit. Lu measures under 6' and the rambo fits perfectly. Banks my gelding measures at 6' but because of his huge shoulders/neck has to have a 6'3" Rambo, but fits the 6' Weatherbeeta perfectly ..... I would rate the Rambos as better wearing, UNLESS you can get what you want cheap from the Equine Clearance Warehouse as someone else said. The prices there are brilliant especially if you can call in as they have all sorts of other bargains on the shelves. You'd get 2 weatherbeetas there for the price of one Rambo. I'd expect the Weatherbeeta to get through 2 years at a push (with no proofing), but the Rambo more.

_jetset_

Visit site
I absolutely love mine... I have the stable rug and the turnout (has another name). They have also brought out one beginning with a B which I have just bought for Grace which is also fab!

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
equestrian clearance have it but typically only in a 6' or 6'6 some of my horses 6'3 are a little long do you think a 6'0 would fit him... or should i hjave a look somewhere else?

any other stable rugs you would reccomend?

Loopy Lu

Visit site
I think combos normally have the full neck rather than the high one don't they? The weatherbeetas I've had have all been outdoor rugs as I don't use stable ones as my horses aren't shut in the stable so if I put a stable rug on them they just stand out in the rain!!! Lu would have been better with a 5'11" rug (think she measured around 5'10) and she is a medium weight mare with a very deep girth area but not hugely wide from the front (still reasonable, but not what you called wide). The 6' was definitely too long, but the 5'10" was too small because I don't like much of their bum showing, I probably like rugs an inch or so longer than you should have. So from my experience, with the weight and type of my mare they probably end up 2" longer - god this is confusing .... a 6' rug would easily fit a 6'2" medium weight horse. Speak to the people at ECW, they are very helpful.

MillionDollar

Visit site
My WB mare came with one and it has been fantastic, fits her perfectly. I do think its good value as well. The only thing i don't like about though is how it rubs her mane if im not careful, first winter i had her it rubbed the bottom of her mane completely off.
Have to say as well the Premier equine rugs are excellent! Always buy them when i do buy rugs.

brightmount

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
equestrian clearance have it but typically only in a 6' or 6'6 some of my horses 6'3 are a little long do you think a 6'0 would fit him... or should i hjave a look somewhere else?

any other stable rugs you would reccomend?

[/ QUOTE ]

If 6'3" is sometimes too long then yes I think 6' in the WB300 would be fine.

I'm not so particular with exact sizes in stable rugs as in outdoor rugs.