Weatherbeeta landa freestyle

Ginn

Visit site
Your views please
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Hated mine, my wide-shouldered ID X TB hated it too... where the shoulder darts are the lining pulled back, so the outside of the rug folded in on itself. The velcro bit at the front wasn't wide enough for the buckles to be on their widest setting, so this bit also folded back onto her shoulders and rubbed. The tail bit was also very large and too heavy, causing the rug to slip back. My horse goes better in Horseware anyway.
On the flip side, my friend has one for her skinny ancient TB and it fits him well, I have heard a few people saying they like them.

fgroom

Visit site
I used the medium weight combo one all last year and was very impressed, didn't rub or move at all. I've just bought the light weight one today we've had heavy rain all day so I can't wait to see if she's still dry underneath!

KatB

Visit site
I personally dont like them A person on our yard has one and it leaks, and I don't like the fit, find them too narrow and gappy for youngsters/horses without massive shoulders! But then I am a die hard horseware fan....
smile.gif

vicm2509

Visit site
I have the combo one (full attached neck) and I love it. It fits baron really well although I also agree with the dirty tail flap, it gets covered in poo although it must keep them warmer as is really does cover their back end well.

Pasha

Visit site
Another confessed Horseware fan here BUT I do have the Landa Lite - it's been fine all summer (overnight), although can leak a bit around the front and back. My main bug bear with it is the enormous tail flap - it does not keep their bum dry and they have great difficulty lifting it to poo - hense very mucky!

moon_drop

Visit site
Maddie love hers its the best rug I 've had in years.
she a really funny shape Being a Friesian cross TB. You could say round
smirk.gif
. She has had it on for two winters now, I put a leather front on it as maddie thinks the grass is greener at the other side of the fence and always rips the front of rugs. the only thing I found with it has a big tail flap and gets really dirty. I would buy one again.
moon6.jpg

Ginn

Visit site
When she stops growing she can have nice expensive Horseware ones but at the rate she gets through them.....

Reason I ask is I have just picked a med weight one up for £40 - new season range too!

She has a h/w taka which fits her beautifully and it was a toss up between the wb and the amigo but we had "issues" with the fillet string on the amigo and it was an extra £25!

CJ1

Visit site
have used the Lite for the past 2 months on an IDx chunky wobble neck and its been fine. Tail flap is a bit crusty tho! Am about to swap to the Landa with sep neck, so fingers crossed it fits too. I wanted the choc and fudge one but they are obsolete now sadly, got dull navy and silver.

moon_drop

Visit site
Thanks, I was into purple at the time. everything she had that winter was purple. She was dark dapple grey then. she now aqlot lighter in colour. so I changed her colours to blue and green.
smile.gif
lol, silly really but purple looked really odd on her when she got lighter last summer. I still use the purple landa on her as it such a good rug. I paid £49 for it two winters ago at a local tack shop.

loopylis

wythallriders.proboards100.com
[ QUOTE ]
Maddie love hers its the best rug I 've had in years.
she a really funny shape Being a Friesian cross TB. You could say round
smirk.gif
. She has had it on for two winters now, I put a leather front on it as maddie thinks the grass is greener at the other side of the fence and always rips the front of rugs. the only thing I found with it has a big tail flap and gets really dirty. I would buy one again.
moon6.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

i got to ask is she in your garden there??
lisa x

Ginn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah you see i'm an amigo fan.... never had a prob with fillet string?! If they fit your horse then i'm sure they're brilliant!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it would be a problem but within a week of her having it all her charging around had left her with big cuts and bruisers where the clips were, so I swapped it for a normal fillet string which was fine but she managed to snap it yesterday and hence the trashed rugs!
shocked.gif
If they'd been the same price as the wb's I'd have got one though as they were 1200D rather than the 600D of the wb but for the money I figured I'd gamble!

Gingernags

Visit site
The only rug I've ever had a real issue with is the horsewear wug she has on now - the half neck.

Its a brilliant rug, don't get me wrong, but she's got out of it twice! As in left on the floor with all straps still fastened.

All I can think is its been windy and blown it up and she's stepped out of it backwards ish... well nothing else makes any sense! And its been at 2 different yards, one in the middle of nowhere so I know it wasn't someone taking it off, it was her!

Much prefer leg straps for that reason, they don't blow up over the back end like they can with only a fillet string.

Skiddaire

www.digital-guilt.org
I have the w/b landa combo. bought it last winter. she has managed to put a massive rip on the arse. havent had a chance to get it fixed but even with a massive hole, showing the stuffing etc it's still kept her warm AND dry.

she has somehow managed to pull some of stuffing out of the neck attachment but thats not really a problem.

Pic0008.jpg

Pic0011.jpg

Pic0007.jpg

I do like it but I prefer her purple masta turnout alot more. its a tad heavier and..erm its purple lol

we have one of those 'zing' combination sets.. i wont be buyong one again. she's totally slashed it in half
confused.gif
i sometimes wonder if my girl is a horse or something else
shocked.gif

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Mine both have w/b landa lites & medium combos and I love them. They fit them really well, don't leak and keep them dry and warm. The tail flap is huge and does get grubby but it keep their bums warm and dry. Great value in my opinion and for my horses

clipertyplop

Visit site
weatherbeeta orican ive had mine 4 years excellent rug i,ve had it washed and proofed once, its a bit faded but i can cope with that .....highly recomended

sorona

Visit site
Mine both have the landa midweights and they are great but they do rip on the barbed wire but my boy is lovely and cosy and dry in his at the mo, th eother is in his takka high neck and is equally as toastie but his doesnt rip so easily. Both my boys are quite light weight and they fit really well.

L

lilym

i love the landa range, my oldie has a landa hi neck mw this kept her dry and warm all last winter, she lives out 24/7, and my cob has a mw hi neck too, i like the way it fits her chunky shoulders and doesn't slip or rub, neither does her landa lw, the rugs i have problems with are rambos....they dont fit her wide chest, being too tight!!