Wedding present help - where can I buy a horse statue?

Oriel

Visit site
I'm looking for an equine related wedding present - can anyone help?

My budget is around £350 and I'd like something like a statue cast in bronze maybe but am open to suggestions - could even be something for the garden. I've trawled the net and can't find anything I really like - they all seem a bit old fashioned. The couple have Fresians as well as other breeds and I'd hoped to get something very modern as they're in their early 20's.

Can anyone suggest where I might try? I'm in West Sussex.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Honestly, you'll struggle to find anything half decent cast in bronze for that amount of money . . . unless you try eBay or local auctions. Good quality bronze statues are expensive (although it's a lovely idea).

Sorry to sound pessimistic.

P

Oriel

Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions - much appreciated!

If my budget's a bit small for a bronze, are there any further suggestions?

indie999

Visit site
I was going to say Beswick too there is a lovely hunting collection and they are so collectable. But breakable. Ebay do have them and I have seen them in Antique shops as well.

Bronze I think you will struggle!

princessa81

Visit site
hello. i know you have said your budget is around 350 but don't overlook TK Maxx! my OH bought me a statue of a white andalusian stallion with full espangnola regalia. it looks soooo expensive but wasnt. it stands about 30 cm tall. good luck with the search!

Elizabeth

x

MochaDun

Visit site
I spotted on Gatcombe's website yesterday a woman sculpture who was going to be there - sadly can't remember her name but it was mainly heads but they looked stunning but guessing v v expensive and more than likely out of your budget. ETS I've just looked at her webiste (Georgie Welch) £6K-£10K! :(

Do you have any very decent antique shops that sell bronze garden things etc as that might be an alternative source to find one?

MochaDun

Visit site