Weed Wand

sunleychops

Visit site

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Has anyone ever used one of these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002951&langId=-1&productId=1501198861#pdpFullProductInformation

For clearing ragwort?

If so are they any good? Obviously i dont intend to use it on any full grown plants but I'm spotting an alarming amount of rosettes starting to show so want to get rid asap and this seems like a good (Read - Fun) way of doing it.
Crikey, not a good idea to get close to herbicides, get a little sprayer to cover the new growth, but you need to dig out the stuff anyway as it is more tasty when dead!

Shooting Star

Visit site
now that would be fun :D:D:D

not sure it would do much for removing the roots though ... but then again that would mean you would have to do it some more = more fun :p

Goldenstar

Visit site
My OH got one it's his sort of toy , we did not find it effective and it's quite inconvenient to use because you are lugging the gas bottle around.

Shooting Star

Visit site
hehe! just had visions of lots of little cigarette style burns all over a paddock (random!)

Give it a go if it floats your boat, if it doesn't work you could always crisp the top of a giant creme brulee with it - mmmm :p

Ibblebibble

Visit site
got one and it's absolutely poop on ragwort but great for lighting bonfires:p i used weedol spray on the raggy last year in the unused paddock, now that did the trick and just for fun i did go and burn the dead plants with the firestick:D

CobSunshine

Visit site
it takes a few minutes to burn a poxy driveway weed with these, would take far too long for ragwort and wouldnt destroy the roots so it would come back. In this time you could have pulled 10 out with a ragwort fork :D

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Not from Argos but we use a similar thing on rosettes. It works a treat and you don't leave any root to grow again, which usually happens when you pull the stuff. We also have rag-fork type thing but prefer the weed wand.