Weekend of ups and downs, why do we have horses again???

Gingernags

Visit site
Had a lovely day shopping on Saturday, accidentally bough the orange one a new stable rug - she has always had 2 heavy stable rugs but only has one this year after outgrowing them, so a half price smoke and silver Weatherbeeta fusion was just toooooo hard to resist!

Sunday had a fab hack out, sun was shining, cold enough to be crisp but not frozen. Conquered getting past "animal farm" nap free for the second time in a row and went for a good gallop to blow the cobwebs away. Had a great time and both horses really enjoyed the gallop - friend laughed as we had the tinsel out, said she hasn't done that since she was 14!!!

Then had a play with evil-Ivy who was a total angel being led round the yard - with tinsel on her too! Bless...

Went downhill from there though. Made the mistake of not changing into my boots last night changing Asti's rugs, she stood on my toes in very flimsy trainers. Was in agony - and have 2 very bruised and swollen toes...

Then this morning turning out, Ivy kept trying to bite the backs of my legs turning them out, Asti went to bite Ivy and got the back of my head (and yes, that hurts too!) and Byter wouldn't go into the field and was getting into one of her neurotic strops. They were not in my good books at all!!!!

Asti's pretty new rug...
AAAstinewrug.jpg

Tinsel ponies (not very bright though... may have to squint to see it!)
AAtinsel.jpg

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So how exactly do you accidentally buy a rug
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you see a sign in your feed store saying they are half price, and you know how nicely they fit the orange one's shoulders, nothing else seems to fit as well on her hugeness... and they offer to put it away for you til payday...

So when I went on on Saturday it was there waiting for me, all lonely, the last one left... so I just had to rescue it and take it to the stables...
grin.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I have no idea why I have four. We had a p!ss awful summer with vet's bills up the ying yang (fortunately? no deaths) and after a fab day at Pony Club showjumping, the brats' ponies decided to have a back-to-back kicking match. At 8pm on a Sunday just before bed, and at double call-out fee time. Vet said it would do today, so waited for jab and powders. Was having hind shoes (at least) off this Friday anyway. Wish I'd had it done sooner
frown.gif
. Pony still sound so fingers crossed, but a big ad in H&H is looking like the way to solve it all.
crazy.gif
Happy Christmas?

pottamus

Visit site
Not horsey related really...but borrowed a friends dog to walk at the riding club ride and had a great time...until I got home. Slipped on their stone driveway...went to re-balance myself and tripped up...my legs were going hell for leather trying to catch up with the momentum...but no chance...fell flat down and skidded along the ground on my arm and already poorly hip! Ahhhhhh typical! Now nursing a mashed arm from the elbow down and a bruised hip...oh...and managed to pick up half a tonne of mud on my clothes from somewhere too!!! No short sleeved party frocks for me over Christmas then!
frown.gif