Weekend plans 2nd weekend in June

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Anyone?
I'm off to a jump lesson later this afternoon, not sure how I feel out it really as I prefer doing 'stuff' in the morning, but sessions had to get moved around. Hacking tomorrow and early Sat
Saturday is setting up for RC show and then Sunday is RC show. Am taking B for the morning there, will be a shock to system to actually compete lol. Then back on foot to help out for rest of the afternoon....

Scarily, I've just popped more fuel in box as it was literally just under half a tank, and even 70 quid didn't take it to the top, another 20 and I might just have hit full, yikes!

Good luck to those competing and whatever you are doing, enjoy x

Michen

Visit site
This little tank has had four days off since camp last weekend. He’s had new shoes and physio and now has a dressage lesson tonight, hack fri sat then BCA 90 Sunday! I did email to switch to the 100 but having a hugely busy time at work and couldn’t deal with the added pressure of stepping up on top this week. So changed my mind.

I’m pathetic ?

Cool video of Bog having a leg stretch at camp!

63104A31-E3DA-4786-A070-662BD9737989.jpeg

[video]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Michen

Visit site
Anyone?
I'm off to a jump lesson later this afternoon, not sure how I feel out it really as I prefer doing 'stuff' in the morning, but sessions had to get moved around. Hacking tomorrow and early Sat
Saturday is setting up for RC show and then Sunday is RC show. Am taking B for the morning there, will be a shock to system to actually compete lol. Then back on foot to help out for rest of the afternoon....

Scarily, I've just popped more fuel in box as it was literally just under half a tank, and even 70 quid didn't take it to the top, another 20 and I might just have hit full, yikes!

Good luck to those competing and whatever you are doing, enjoy x

My car is now £160 to fill up ???

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My car is now £160 to fill up ???
Mine was £32 from empty 2 yrs ago, now over £40. Yesterday I got 24 in it and it was on half a tank! Virtually nearly doubled my weekly petrol cost tho as was around £14 a week with no adventures but due to escalating prices and the road I use to get to yard being shut till end of the month, its whopped up ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
it's eyewatering isn't it. £100 in the lorry last week was about half a tank. very glad Kira has done the business with her baby-growing because each trip to the vets was £40 in diesel :eek: On a package for the actual stud work so it still made sense to truck her in but even so :/

Not much on here. Pottering at home as usual! I thought i'd start tackling teaching Quiz to load now Frank has graduated but actually i don't think I'm up for more loading practice just yet :p Perhaps i'll tackle his fear of syringes instead. worming is "interesting". What an exciting life I'm leading at the moment, haha!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
No plans, just trying to get myself out of some funk I'm in mentally (not just with riding). Need to set myself straight.

It costs 200€ or so to fill my car (BMW estate)...so maybe I'm not missing out by not competing this weekend ? it's madness. It's also now about 50€ for an influenza jab and almost 45€ for a pony/small dose of sedation ?

Last edited:

dorsetladette

Visit site

£178 to fill the tank on the lorry last week!!!! really hurt doing that!

We are really short on the spare cash front due to the epic journey we did last weekend. £360 of unexpected expense really made a dent in the monthly spend budget so nothing exciting going on here until next pay day.

I'm going to start long reining Robin this weekend. He's only 2 so I don't want to do to much, but he needs his mind kept busy or else he finds his own entertainment.
Reggie is going to be practising his in hand work as we plan to get him to at least 1 show before the end of the year and planting is not going to win us any frillies.
B is now officially retired. We're just not getting any where with his soundness issues. after the storms last weekend he was visibly stiff pretty much all round so i think its time to just manage his pain and give him a comfortable retirement. So I'll be advertising his saddle in the next few weeks.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes!

This afternoon a jumping lesson.
Friday a walk round Bramham (as in visiting on foot for a Pimms ?).
Saturday a XC lesson at a new venue.
Sunday I am supposed to be doing a Sportive, but I am having trouble with a knee so that might not happen. I haven't really trained enough because of it.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I can post!

Share horse Jim and I are making our dressage debut on Sunday ?, we have no transport but the yard are hosting a competition. I last did a prelim 4 years ago on a borrowed horse Id only hacked before (emergency team replacement) and I reckon it’s probably 6 years since I did a novice on frank - tho it’s 24 which I quite like and suits him.
I do now realise why some prefer 20x60 tests though ? and we’re used to either a 60x20 or a 50x30 arena wise ?

I don’t think he’ll ‘do a frank’ and go ‘omg there’s someone sitting in my arena’ ? at least.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
5yo is at Berriewood for the 90 on Saturday. Another horrendously early start! May be made more exciting by being a debut trip in new lorry which is being delivered tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Also going to do yard dressage comp on Sunday afternoon with the 5yo - but just a quiet trundle around a novice test to see if we can sensibly perform them in public before going out and about to do some.

Older horse still on his post-Houghton hols - but I'll pick him up and start some hacking again with him next week...

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Main event of the weekend is Eland Brigante Cup Qualifier. But I started prepping for that today with a trip to Kelsall for 2 unaff dressage tests - a BE90 and a BE100. Lottie is so tense in eventing dressage when leaving the warm up so the main purpse of today was giving her more experience with warming up with others then going in to do the test alone. She was cool as a cucumber througout so whether that means she's cured (hurrah) or whether we just didn't re-create the situation accurately enough, I don't know. I shall find out on Saturday....

There appear to be 3 Lotties when it comes to dressage. Arena at home Lottie is a monkey. She is just soooooo onward and a bit spooky. If we try test riding at home she often misses the downard transitions as I have to prepare really early and she either comes back too quickly becsause she is feeling co-operative or she ignores all my preparation for a smooth transition and triggers a messy emergency stop! Competition dressage on a surface Lottie appears to be calm and obedient. I like that Lottie! We are still inconsistent re contacte but today we did a 36 and a 37 with a few 7s and some very encouraging comments. I think that is a fair reflection of where we are. There were moments in the warm up where she was completely with me and felt fantastic. There is a good dressage horse in there somewhere! I can totally see why people get hooked on dressage.

Then eventing dressage Lottie warms up beautifully, then is nappy and calls to the other horses and our scores are north of 40! Oops.

Amber is on day 313 with the foal now lying lower and udder development. I don't think she will be too much longer really. Eeeks

Last edited:

Peglo

Visit site
Took Tali a hack last night with OH on foot. A nice gentle stroll I thought. I don’t know if she’s just feeling fitter or full of herself after Xcountry at the weekend but it took about 3km for her to settle. The last 2k was the lovely stroll I anticipated.

we have a RC show on Sunday. Doing an inhand class, ridden class and hopefully try the Joker jumping. OH is 40 on Saturday and we’re having a party for him so who knows how Sunday will go! ? I don’t have to drive up at least. So riding a pony that’s full of herself when I’m likely to be hungover will be interesting. But I’m just going for the experience.

have a good one everyone.

Asha

Visit site
i had the weekend planned. Arena eventing with my daughter tomorrow, and then a pole work lesson sunday. Just found out its next weekend, how on earth did i get it wrong by a whole week !! So will look forward to everyones updates while i do a bit of foal watching :)

Bernster

Visit site
Not much, prob hacking Saturday and maybe pop a few poles. Have family stuff both days but I have been having lots of pony play time so shouldn’t complain.

On a more exciting note, I’ve booked onto a horse camp end of June. Have been thinking of finding a camp for a while and I’ve been to this one before, although this is at a new venue in Norfolk (forest edge) so not sure what that will be like. Most importantly, it has on site accommodation so I won’t be camping! Friend is joining me for the hacking and another friend is staying over for 1 night without a horse, so I’m looking forward to chilling with friends and doing some fun training. I hope it will help me to get back into xc with Bertie. I haven’t ventured out since our not so good hunter trial a month or so ago.

blood_magik

Visit site
Not much here, either…

Raz had a lesson this morning. Eventually got some nice work after spending the first 20 minutes with not a lot of control ?
Will probably do some interval work with him and possibly Blue over the weekend and maybe brave a hack if the wind dies down a bit.

Blue has a polework lesson Monday. I might let him pop a few small fences if my knee holds up just to keep him interested.

NV is up to 15 minutes walking now. I was doing some research into his breeding online and noticed he has a brother so have emailed the breeder to see if they would be willing to sell him to me. ??

hope everyone has a good weekend ?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Jumping lesson yesterday was hard work. It was in a warm indoor arena and we were practicing getting big BH on his hocks instead of on the forehand. This involved many, many transitions, including walk/canter.

By the time we had warmed up, we were both hot, sweaty and blowing LOL. All to the good though, we may not have jumped much but he was (finally) taking me to the fence. I could just sit up and look pretty!

Today was visiting Bramham. A nice surprise this time; when we got to the car park it was remarkably busy so it looked like we were in for a long hike down the hill. But no, not this time! Bramham Horse Trials is sponsored by Land Rover and the car park attendant informed us that Land Rovers (and Range Rovers) had their own car park forward of the car park. What? Wow, lucky! It was actually a good advert for them as there were hundreds of just Land Rovers and Range Rovers at the entrance, every shape, size and age.
Then, inside, there was a coffee/cake area, for free, entrance was to show your Land Rover key fob. For once, I was glad we had gone in Mr Red’s car, not mine LOL.

Tomorrow is still XC training!

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
After the mild disaster at Keysoe the other week, I took Potato to a small local show to do E44. I hadn't practiced the test but knew it by heart as I've ridden it for about a million years now ?.

She was very good, but my riding ran out of steam a bit for the last couple of canter moves which cost us a bit, but very pleased with 64.2% from a list 3 judge.

Test below for those interested (don't be horrible to me ?).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sheep

Visit site
Made it down for our appt - 8am at a clinic almost 3 hours away, so a 4am alarm… dropped him off, went to a nice tack shop, wandered round some shops, had a nap in a Tesco car park then collected him again, back at the yard for about 6pm. Should get report back on Monday or Tuesday.