Weekend Plans - 3rd weekend in July

chaps89

Visit site
Was supposed to go hill training with TS tomorrow but due to delayed flights, hard ground and warm weather we’re postponing.
Was then supposed to be grooming at Pachesham for share horse in some of the Iberian classes on Sunday but we’ve pulled out due to him just having had his hocks done, along with ground/weather.
So instead a very quiet weekend. I’m quietly hoping for a bit of rain for the sake of the ground.

Peglo

Visit site
I’ve got dressage league again on Saturday. Had a wee practice last night in the field but hoping it might go a bit better than that on Saturday ?

then got my cousins blackening. It’s an orcadian tradition to kidnap a bride/groom (not on their wedding day, beforehand) and cover them in molasses, flour, feathers and just anything else and then parade them around the ‘toon’ on the back of a pickup. It’s great fun. Health on Sunday might not be very good so might give riding a miss on Sunday. ?

No heat wave up here still. Hope you all have a good one and take care.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Mooching at home as usual. I think i will emphasise the amount of housework that needs doing as OH will be baling again and i have no intention of getting sneezy and itchy doing that, haha. I don't mind being the Bringer Of Cool Drinks though.

I have a lesson on Tuesday afternoon, Ughhhhh, forecast is 35 here currently. So that might be a no-go unless things change between now and then. Horse seems to like the heat but i really don't!

SEL

Visit site
Melting somewhere! Also trying to set up a misting system.

If I get a chance I want OH to walk up the road with me on baby cob Sat am to see if our traffic training in hand holds with me on board. OH though is talking about playing golf because Sun - Tues looks ridiculous. There's a 40 degree forecast risk for Monday. I've got a work call mid afternoon and I've warned them I might be doing it from the yard so I can keep an eye on the animals.

Microcob and her breathing problems don't do well in heat and so it isn't fair to ask her to lug me around a hacking route. I think she'll have the rest of the week off.

Michen

Visit site
Off to Exmoor for a week with Bog and Bear, staying in a gorgeous holiday cottage. Lots of food and drink! Sadly one friend can’t come as she’s had to have surgery.

Both horses are clipped, electrolytes packed and ready to go!

Couldn’t be bothered to tack up today ?

2446F5BD-6A1C-4E69-A187-CBCDB44AA1B4.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Was then supposed to be grooming at Pachesham for share horse in some of the Iberian classes on Sunday but we’ve pulled out due to him just having had his hocks done, along with ground/weather.
So instead a very quiet weekend. I’m quietly hoping for a bit of rain for the sake of the ground.
V wise, friend was there 2 days ago, the 'show grass arenas' are concrete.

J_sarahd

Visit site
We had a saddle fit today and Nova was so good. She’s not been ridden since I tried her, but it was like she’d been in regular work. Very excited for next year when I start properly schooling her. Sadly the saddle didn’t fit right so we’ve order a T8 compact GP. I was hoping to go for our first hack this weekend but it will just be more lunging and in-hand polework/hacking whilst trying to beat the heat.

Michen

Visit site
Just going to be hyperventilating over the amount of money I'm about to spend shipping this horse. So that's my weekend sorted ?

Maybe a hack and some schooling in-between.

did you try Pedens CC. I’m annoyed we can’t share a crate with our nearly close but not quite timings ?

DressageCob

Visit site
I went to Kelsall today for another unaffiliated dressage with the baby horse. He was a very good boy again, with just one little spook when a man emerged from a door right behind us as soon as we turned right at C after the first centre line. Had that not happened I think we would have won because we were only 0.5% behind the winner. Still, happy with 2nd and we got an 8 for one of the circles from a very stingy judge ?

I have a lesson on Saturday away from home. Otherwise just trying to stay cool. My big lad was supposed to be back at the vets tomorrow for a hernia check but his vet has covid so that's been put back a week.

McFluff

Visit site
Hoping I get better from covid. Feeling very sorry for myself as not seen my horse all week, and it looks like I may have to pull out of my own birthday dinner on Saturday. Boo.
thankfully we won’t get the heat most of you are getting.
stay cool and have fun.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Was supposed to be show jumping both days, and was really looking forward to it but have Covid instead! So I have to isolate until Monday. Thankfully feeling much better and starting to get cabin fever trying to entertain my small person!!

Sheep

Visit site
I’ve been horse-sitting this week which has been lovely. Our wee dog had been very unwell and we had our goodbyes planned for yesterday, so this little mare has been a great distraction.

71B773FB-DD8A-40E6-9BB0-4EB11534269F.jpeg

I’ll probably do something with her this evening, her owner is back from holiday tomorrow and then on Sunday I’m having a spin on another horse, this one’s a little bay mare. Her owner is going away on holiday for a few days so I might have the ride of this one while she’s away.

Otherwise going to go watch some xc on Saturday. Weather is to be good here, just not quite as extreme as you’re getting over in GB.

Alibear

Visit site
We did fun dressage at the yard last night, prelim 12 and we won :D Which is even more impressive as I hadn't ridden all week!
Tonight we head back to SQH for a trail clinic tomorrow, there was a show planned for Sunday but that's been cancelled due to the weather forecast. So we'll come home again Saturday evening and then I expect she'll have 3 days off whilst the heatwave happens.

blood_magik

Visit site
Quiet one for us. My lot have been on holiday after areas last week so are just coming back into work.

Raz has managed to bag himself an extra week off with an infected ulcer in his mouth, which explains why he hasn’t felt quite right recently (I did have him checked as thought it was his hocks starting to niggle again). ?‍♀️

The 4yo has another 4 weeks of walk before he gets his leg rescanned. We’re up to 30 mins a day now so I hopped back on this morning now that it’s worth actually tacking up. So good to be back on board - it’s been a looong 12 weeks ?

F964A0AD-D58E-41E2-8C35-1F6BBE800D72.jpeg

AandK

Visit site
Going to give both boys a bath tomorrow AM, that's the extent of it at the moment! The TB is being treated for ulcers, so once temps have cooled a bit next week I'm going to start his rehab by doing some ground work (he also has kissing spine...) for week or two, then hopefully he will be comfy enough in his stomach to have a roller on for long reining.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Working up til Saturday, then had to cancel our Sunday lunch out and visitors for my birthday as sister and mum both have covid!
So will probably be hiding!

racebuddy

Visit site
We are away on holiday with horses and dogs , the surface they have here for the cross country schooling is fab is mix of rubber and grass so really springy we popped the 6 year old round and jumped the water tray first time practice on hills and steps and some corner fences was such a good boy xx love looking out the bedroom window and they are there x not really looking forwarti the drive home Monday with the heat x