Weekend plans, 3rd weekend in November

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Anyone?
I'll be hacking Saturday, then taking B to a local arena on Sunday to work on the flat with a friend who is going to have a sit on. They'll either get on v well or B will tell me 'no'.
No comps planned at all as cba if weather turns vile and I'm saving pennies up at present.

Musing.....It's a month to the date this Sunday that we get the shortest day! Then I'll get planning outings I think ?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
TFF enjoy hacking and Sunday flat work.

I am going to sit in my ponies for the first time in three months. Tack has been cleaned, checked and is ready to take back to the yard. It will only be for ten minutes because we are all fat and they are very very hairy but it is a start.

Chippers1

Visit site
Nothing for me as I'm away this weekend but I will use this opportunity to moan...horsebox is still at the garage...basically all the expensive work I had done on it last year is rubbish, it's had to be all done again. It went in again for its MOT and failed because of a ball joint, which was replaced last year but with the WRONG ONE. Honestly you couldn't make it up.... I'm not happy and won't be going to my normal garage again (which is a pain as it was just down the road!)
In other news a trailer was stolen from our yard last night, the thieves cut through the gate lock and brazenly sat cutting off the wheel lock whilst yard owner was on the phone to the police in the field next to them (she understandably didn't want to approach the two guys). I just can't believe people would do that, it's awful.
No doubt the trailer will be long gone now.

Anyway, had a nice hack this evening and the sky was lovely, enjoy your weekends everyone!
Screenshot_20211118-181422_Instagram.jpg

SEL

Visit site
I've been trying to teach the microcob haunches in and failing. A friend has given me some tips so that's tomorrow's exercise. Then it's my COVID booster so that might write off the rest of the weekend ? If not I'm putting my brave pants on early Sunday and attempting to cross the main road to check out some new bridle paths.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Will still be at SICAB in Spain!

For anyone interested here are my videos of day 2 and day 3 (day 1 is on last weeks post)

Edit: won't let me add day 2 so please go to my page and you can see them there!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mary3050

Visit site
I don’t think I can top the last post looks amazing shortstuff99. Pretty chilled one as I am not well at the mo hoping to make it out of bed for a lesson on the youngest member of the tribe. Then will have a potted on the old boy maybe only once as I don’t wanna push my luck . Then spend more money on bloody rugs because 2 have decided to trash there rugs at the same time !

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Double helpings of hacking :)

Super excited as I've not hacked in daylight for two weeks now - I was YHL'ing and arena TREC'ing last weekend - and although I hack in the dark before or after work, it's not quite the same as being able to head out for hours in the pretty Autumn colours ?❤?

Good luck to those out and about this weekend and hope everyone has a good weekend!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Ridden mares don't have to be hogged, and the few that were competing in the dressage weren't, but this class is pretty traditional.

I actually think they can look pretty smart hogged. My gelding used to have a long beautiful mane but he rubbed it all out (insect sensitivity) seemingly overnight and I thought about hogging him but then wondered if it'd be odd since he's not a mare ? I've never been into the whole hair thing for the most part, but some do look stunning.

As for plans, nothing. Schooling and on Sunday I'm heading down to the Black Forest with the dog and OH for some hiking and will drive back on Tuesday night. So horse gets a short break.

We are dabbling in "jumping" at the moment. I use the term "jumping" loosely because they're tiny. He used to be spooky about poles and even walking by jumps ? so I had exactly zero ambitions of jumping him because he would really need his hand held.

Had our first lesson last night and first canter over a x-rail and also did 3 in a row (bounces) at one point. I was thrilled and he felt keen. Next time I'm using a proper jump saddle. Wasn't quite sure how to jump in a dressage saddle myself, so my position was a bit awkward ?, and it made riding one of his launchers a bit odd and jumped me out of the Tack a bit, but it was small stuff so doable. His canter has good rhythm and is adjustable so might make for some nice little jumping once we dust the rust off of me, and he figures it out more. Never thought this would be something for him ? but maybe we both enjoy a little break from dressage.

IMG_20211118_181801_966.jpgIMG_20211118_181802_022.jpg

Last edited:

j1ffy

Visit site
CC - all my Spanish horses have loved jumping! My old boy, Pocholo, will spook at a jump in the arena when schooling around it but happily jump the same fence :p

I'm heading up north to visit the OH's family, so no riding for me.

Had a good couple of weeks though - Chilli's napping seems to be a thing of the past (for now). Last night I took him in the smaller, unlevel, on a slight slope school and we had a play over some poles. I thought it might be a bit exciting and could trigger his napping and / or rushing but actually he was a really good boy. We started with a single pole, then three poles 9ft apart in walk and trot and finished up with two trotting poles. No rushing, lots of chilled walking in between, and each time he would touch a pole first time then be very careful and pick up his feet the second time. Clever boy! I think he'll love jumping in future, he's not spooky and has bags of enthusiasm.

He had managed to poo in his water bucket when I got to the stable last night ?. Usually he demonstrates his objection to having to stay in late by pulling any rugs, or anything else within reach, onto the floor but this was a new one for him! He was then too wary to drink out of his bucket once I'd cleaned it ? and went straight to the water trough when I turned him out. Muppet. I'm sure he'll get over it soon...

j1ffy

Visit site
Will still be at SICAB in Spain!

For anyone interested here are my videos of day 2 and day 3 (day 1 is on last weeks post)

Edit: won't let me add day 2 so please go to my page and you can see them there!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been following you on FB - it looks amazing! So many beautiful horses ?

humblepie

Visit site
Good luck at Stars and anyone else competing, thanks for the posts from SICAB, get well to CC and have a lovely weekend everyone else. We are chilling with a little hacking as horse is on holiday but still gets the odd hack to tick over. Need to do some serious garden tidying.

J_sarahd

Visit site
We had a great flat schooling session last night and did a bit of leg yielding in canter and counter-canter. He’s become so soft and supple on both reins now!

He’s being ridden by a friend tomorrow as I’m busy all day and then we are off show jumping on Sunday. I’m so nervous as we haven’t been show jumping in ages and he had that funny period again. Hoping we don’t embarrass ourselves!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Had an absolutely epic hack over moorland earlier in the week. Had to go along a fast road to get there, which while not busy, their are a lot of tractors motorbikes and big aggregate lorries to cope with as well as many, many cyclists! Once up on the moors we followed a few different tracks including some very steep and stony ones. Bo was absolutely epic and seemed to enjoy all the new challenges.

I'm so grateful for an amazing hacking buddy who really looks after us both.

Nothing much planned for this weekend. Mostly just preparing for next week's predicted snowfall I think. ?

palo1

Visit site
I am feeling a bit broken and very broke after a difficult and expensive week. Dog was very, very ill and cost a fortune at the vets. Absolutely worth it to make him better of course but whilst before that I was wondering how I could afford some decent lessons/clinics etc with Alw I now know that I simply cannot afford any teaching input for the foreseeable. To add insult to injury Alw needed a saddle adjustment and new numnah. Sooo, all dressed up and no place to go. I should galvanise myself and make a proper plan for self improvement and I can do that but other elements of life have also been rather tricky so probably going to make sure both my horses and possibly my son's horse get decent trips out hacking. That will be sufficient achievement. :) Hoping for more inspiration next week!!

DressageCob

Visit site
My work has been crazy this week so I haven't ridden. My instructor has ridden my boy for me, so I'm expecting him to feel wonderful when I get back on board tomorrow ? He always feels fantastic after she has ridden him.

Tomorrow we have our fortnightly fancy lesson. Then just playing at home. I'm supposed to be taking my dog to doggy play on Sunday but I'm not sure we are going since last time we went there was a nasty Alsatian there.

Bernster

Visit site
Using up some annual leave - what better way than a horsey day out! Always a bit hit and miss booking stuff in November due to the weather but it was a lovely day, clear, not too cold, with the autumn colours still looking good.

I’m feeling a lot more confident with Bertie. It’s been 6 months! We are starting to get the hang of each other and his flatwork is really coming on.

Today we did sj course hire. Kept it very low key as we’re at an early stage with our jumping. I was really pleased with how he went. It took him a while to stop gawping at the horses in the field, the one closest decided to run laps around his field ? but once we got going he really knuckled down and got on with it. The training wheels are most definitely on, as I need the neck strap to stop me getting left behind when he does a big jump through his front end (he’s not pushing through with his back end enough) but it was a good start. I’m not one for jumping big but I really enjoyed working on straightness, rhythm and, most importantly, resisting the urge to pony club kick!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0k3V0z_qdsaw-wiHyBYzZJ_mQ

Not sure how to do videos, have I done this right?!