Weekend plans - clocks go back ?

j1ffy

Visit site
I haven't although looked at their website a while ago - I think I worried that I wasn't at a high enough level to ride there but I'm not sure what I based that on tbh. Same with Wellington (I went there to their tack shop and stopped for a coffee, felt like it would be 'too good' for me but I don't know why). That was a while ago though and things have moved on with my confidence so maybe it's time to rethink. For some reason I also had in my mind that riding a schoolmaster would also be too good for me or that I'd be 'cheating' in some way - which I'm now realising might also be a silly way to think about it! Thank you for the recommendations though I will follow them up :)

Hurrah for watertightness! I loved watching our house renovation taking shape, especially when we knocked out a wall; even though it was all back to bare brick (dear god the dust!) the change of the feel of the space was immediately satisfying.

I think good instruction and horses are important regardless of level - it's better to get into good habits and 'feel' as soon as possible! I've had to go back and re-learn my seat and aids from scratch in the past and wish I'd had the right training from day one.

And yes, DUST!! I hate it. I can't wait for it all to be finished, then I'll have the whole place deep-cleaned and get a weekly cleaner so I have more horse time ;)

Sprat

Visit site
Bringing Bean back into work this weekend which pleases me no end. She has been a cantankerous old baggage on box rest. I'm going to take it quite slowly and use it as an opportunity to fix some niggly little schooling issues we've had, so stripping everything right back to basics starting with long reining.

Sounds like most are having enforced quiet weekends!

Roxylola

Visit site
I've got a smart black blouson jacket that I can wear but I'm concerned about my breeches, I've one white suede seat, that are old but pikeur so still good, cream suede seat pikeur that are new-ish, and white silicon pikeur that are also new. I really dont love suede in the rain, but I really dont want to wreck my new ones ?
I've been looking for some winter competing ones but not seen any I loved yet

Abi90

Visit site
We’re off to do our first competitive 90cm course. I’m a bit anxious about it despite it being only 5 cm bigger than the 85cms we’ve been doing!

It’s the last competition before I wind my mare down until she’s had her foal so it’s got added pressure! I’m just telling myself it’s just fun and I need to enjoy it

Sprat

Visit site
I've got a smart black blouson jacket that I can wear but I'm concerned about my breeches, I've one white suede seat, that are old but pikeur so still good, cream suede seat pikeur that are new-ish, and white silicon pikeur that are also new. I really dont love suede in the rain, but I really dont want to wreck my new ones ?
I've been looking for some winter competing ones but not seen any I loved yet

I've got some white flexars which I really like, though they are competition tights rather than breeches. Not sure how they will fare come winter mind you. There is a thread in Tack room about waterproof white decathlons that could be worth a look

Roxylola

Visit site
I've got some white flexars which I really like, though they are competition tights rather than breeches. Not sure how they will fare come winter mind you. There is a thread in Tack room about waterproof white decathlons that could be worth a look
I've seen that, it's a bit late now anyway, but I really cant get my head round how plastic the black ones look. I think I'd tolerate being wet if I could find some tights or breeches that were warm with maybe just a bit of silicon - love suede but it just soaks up water.
The equcouture ones are really popular with folk I know, and I'd likely get a pair but I was hanging on for winter weight

Sprat

Visit site
I've seen that, it's a bit late now anyway, but I really cant get my head round how plastic the black ones look. I think I'd tolerate being wet if I could find some tights or breeches that were warm with maybe just a bit of silicon - love suede but it just soaks up water.
The equcouture ones are really popular with folk I know, and I'd likely get a pair but I was hanging on for winter weight

Yes the black ones do look a bit like motorbike trousers, and aren't particularly flattering.

southerncomfort

Visit site
There's no mistake
I smell that smell
It's that time of year again
I can taste the air

Probably a walk along the river, maybe take the ferry over to the other side. No riding planned, but something might turn up.

Love that song! ? I will admit to belting it out very loudly if it comes on while I'm mucking out.

dorsetladette

Visit site
B1 is fretting a bit now he is on his own (with his sheep) he's clingy and chatty which isn't like him. So, I've arranged for a friend to box over to ride with me on sunday. I've also found a hacking buddy FB page which has been quite fruitful so might have someone to hack with on sunday. I normally prefer to hack alone, but this way B gets some horsey interaction until I can get a friend for him.

oldie48

Visit site
Lorry failed it's MOT and I hadn't realised that when it's on an extension I can't use it so I'm also grounded ATM. Nothing serious though just annoying as we normally don't get it tested without garage back up! I did my first in hand lesson yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rose was very good but so tired afterwards with all the concentration! I managed to walk backwards in a straight line and didn't fall over! Today my sharer did BD, fortunately my lack of lorry wasn't an issue as we used hers. Rose hasn't done an elementary test since the end of 2015 and had forgotten rein back, so she had a crash revision course this week. S rode her very well and for E40 was 2nd with 70% and won E59 with 69% (silver class and a smidgen under). Rose was a complete star, behaved beautifully and did two very consistent tests. There's more to come as it lacked a little Ooomph but S is still very new to riding her and it's their first time out together. I think I quite like this "being an owner" malarky, I made her look very beautiful and her plaits stayed in. I was very proud of her and it took me almost as long to take the plaits out as it did to put them in! She's having a day off tomorrow and a nice stretchy day on Sunday.
Good luck to everyone who is out and about this weekend.

Bernster

Visit site
Sorry about the lorry. That’s annoying. But bd day went well so that great. I do wonder if I’d quite like to be the owner not rider as I’m not sure my nerves can handle the stress!

oldie48

Visit site
Sorry about the lorry. That’s annoying. But bd day went well so that great. I do wonder if I’d quite like to be the owner not rider as I’m not sure my nerves can handle the stress!
TBH I'd rather have the choice, she's going so nicely I'd love to have a sit on her but I must be patient and keep up my equi pilates so I have some core strength when I'm able to ride again!

j1ffy

Visit site
I managed to walk backwards in a straight line and didn't fall over!

That's exactly how I felt after my first ever in-hand lesson in August! I was more nervous about the in-hand than anything else at BD camp, I was sure I'd go a*se over t*t :oops:

That's crap about the lorry but what fantastic results at their first comp together - well done sharer and beautiful Rosie!

Roxylola

Visit site
BM, oh what I would give to refuse to get soaked lol. Cant blame you at all though. Riding is something we do for pleasure why insist on riding for the sake of it when you can wait and enjoy your new surface

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
My private instuctor does some teaching at Larkspur which looks to be only about 30mins ish from you. They look to have some lovely ponies and I kmow her teaching is good!

If you ever want to come play with a herd of perfectly ordinary horses on a very basic yard with totally ordinary riders you'd be welcome to come have a ride on mine and my sisters herd one weekend when you're not isolating. We are 5 mins from Wellington.

View attachment 57547

Which is where I am off to at the weekend to attempt a long arena test for the first time in years. Loved TQ as they were all short!

I've not heard of Larkspur so will check it out :)

That's a very kind offer indeed and such a fabulous looking herd, I'd love to come and play one weekend :D I'll PM you if that's okay, when I am released from my quarantine! Good luck with your test this weekend.

dixie

Visit site
Meant to be showjumping tomorrow with my first BS class for over 3yrs but I’m checking the weather every couple of hours as they give high winds and rain. So might not go which is very frustrating as I missed the last show due to a cut leg.

Sunday we’re getting up at normal time to sneak a ride in the local woods before anyone else gets up.

quiteniceforacob

Visit site
New horse came two weeks ago but I’m now in self isolation :mad: so my plan is to get pictures from the girls from the yard while I feel miserable.
I’m fine, just had contact with a Covid case. Free next Friday...

blood_magik

Visit site
BM, oh what I would give to refuse to get soaked lol. Cant blame you at all though. Riding is something we do for pleasure why insist on riding for the sake of it when you can wait and enjoy your new surface

To be honest, I’ll probably just ride outside anyways... I can always nip up to the house to change into dry clothes if I do get wet, and I suppose the horses need to learn that they have to get on with it ?‍♀️

Its taken flipping ages to get the arena works sorted so I won’t complain about not being able to ride if it’s means I won’t have to avoid the top third of my arena.

As an aside, and because I’m totally in love, here’s a pic of the new addition, who was so worth the 4am alarm call ??? I’ve decided to call her Maevis ??

1FD85122-BDFE-482A-9151-62587456AD45.jpeg

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Baby ex-racer will be hacking tomorrow and having a lesson on sunday. I haven't ridden her since dressage on Tuesday so will see if her magic tablets have made any difference yet.
Grumpy old ex-racer will be doing some more walk hacking!

As an aside, and because I’m totally in love, here’s a pic of the new addition, who was so worth the 4am alarm call ??? I’ve decided to call her Maevis ??

I think 'Mauve-is' could suit - love the purple, will stand out in any lorry park!

Squeak

Visit site
New horse came two weeks ago but I’m now in self isolation :mad: so my plan is to get pictures from the girls from the yard while I feel miserable.
I’m fine, just had contact with a Covid case. Free next Friday...

How frustrating! How much longer have you got in isolation?