Weekend plans - clocks go back ?

Roxylola

Visit site
What's on everyone's weekend plans this week then?
We had a brisk hack this morning- spanked round just under 5 miles in about 45 minutes before work!
Tomorrow will be a leg stretch I think.
We have dressage on Saturday, first time doing 2 classes so we might run out of petrol and grind to a horrible halt ? but its unaffiliated so at least i wont have a permanent record lol. It's our first dressage in ages - been busy with other stuff, so I'm looking forward to getting back out. We practised medium trot today, found it again ok, might be interesting getting out of it again...
Sunday weve a jump lesson, private with a local lady at her yard. I've had privates with her before and found them really useful so I'm quite looking forward to that.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ugh, well hopefully you will get to some later ones. I'd be same though, even just if someone asked where I'd came from I'd just panic and drive home!
I honestly dont even know what I'm actually allowed to do but technically these are same area so same restrictions ?‍♀️

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Yeah it's a pain as mum only lives 5 mins away from Kelsall so it's nice for her to ride Topaz close by, but hopefully restrictions will be lifted again soon...

More frustrating was renewing Topaz's BD membership and then not being able to compete, then thinking ok I'll do an online comp but all the 20x60 arenas are over the border from my county...

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
None for me - still self-isolating, boooo! And poor share horse has hurt his foot so is also out of action. My grand plans for starting to solo hack have gone quite out the window for now.

Feeling a bit stuck and frustrated on the riding front anyway even without having to self-isolate. Have booked in to a different riding school for a change to see if that helps at all, although that's not for another couple of weeks. Don't know if it's me setting my expectations too high (classic me tbh) so it's that I need to change, or if I really do need a change of plan.

j1ffy

Visit site
RL - sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Good luck in the dressage.
HP - that's just rubbish, I hope the lockdown ends on time and you can get out again soon.
SPD - booo indeed at having to self-isolate!! Where are you based? I wonder if anyone on here could recommend somewhere for you.

We've got a lesson over at AMD on Saturday with Justine. Danny is going so nicely at the moment that I feel a bit unsure what to ask for - he's far far easier than Indio (now he's decided he doesn't want to try and ditch me on a regular basis :p) so I think a bit more regular guidance is helpful to keep me pushing him in the right direction.

Hopefully then a hack with friends on Sunday and a bit of cleaning / tidying in between - I'm having an extension built at the moment and the house is an absolute state!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Nothing here either :rolleyes: lorry still off the road so still grounded. Nothing to go to anyway :(
So, boring stuff like catching up with the poo picking that always goes off the rails when both ends of the day get dark. and housework. what joy!

actually i will attempt to get back on track with some training stuff. the lovely daffy gave me an idea for continuing the passage homework that we got stuck on which I'm keen to explore again.

I used to love autumn cos there was so much in the calendar but it just feels bleak this year.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
RL - sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Good luck in the dressage.
HP - that's just rubbish, I hope the lockdown ends on time and you can get out again soon.
SPD - booo indeed at having to self-isolate!! Where are you based? I wonder if anyone on here could recommend somewhere for you.

We've got a lesson over at AMD on Saturday with Justine. Danny is going so nicely at the moment that I feel a bit unsure what to ask for - he's far far easier than Indio (now he's decided he doesn't want to try and ditch me on a regular basis :p) so I think a bit more regular guidance is helpful to keep me pushing him in the right direction.

Hopefully then a hack with friends on Sunday and a bit of cleaning / tidying in between - I'm having an extension built at the moment and the house is an absolute state!

I'm Surrey (Guildford/Godalming based) - any recommendations welcome! :D Might make another thread on that. Not sure there's anything 'wrong' with the one I've been going to, and my first lessons there I was really pleased with, but maybe it's worth trying something new anyway.

Sounds like you have a good weekend planned, hope the end is in sight for the extension! :)

Alibear

Visit site
Busy one for me, I've just picked up the trailer from having a new ramp fitted and it all seems very sturdy and smart.
So bath tomorrow morning, then hope she loads OK and head off for a lesson at 4:15, stay over for a clinic on Saturday and a closed show (for clinic participants only) on the Sunday.
Then hope she loads again and head home.
The question over the loading is just because she's a baby so we haven't done it apart from when I brought her home and plans to practise in between were scuppered by the ramp problem.
It will also be the first time I've bathed her, she was fine for tail washing when at the stud but feet washing at home the other night was like a production of river dance.
I realise this is a lot of big asks over a few days so I'll be happy with whatever we achieve.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'm not holding my breath for a quick end to the current lockdown, we had a 'two week' county specific lockdown and then straight into a national one... I'm not sure if it means that I can now hire a school in a neighboring county now we're all locked down together or now, but as most Welsh things have all been cancelled I'm going with probably not...

Might squeeze a PSG test into a 20 x 50 lol and film it at home!

Bernster

Visit site
Yep another quiet one here. Sad about the clock change though and the total loss of light during riding time.

Sorting out my stuff ahead of a yard move. I have way too much stuff and am too lazy to try and sell it, so I might see if any charities are taking stuff or if a local place wants a job lot. Any suggestions for charities? And anyone that takes or sells on saddles? Least hassle possible!

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm Surrey (Guildford/Godalming based) - any recommendations welcome! :D Might make another thread on that. Not sure there's anything 'wrong' with the one I've been going to, and my first lessons there I was really pleased with, but maybe it's worth trying something new anyway.

Sounds like you have a good weekend planned, hope the end is in sight for the extension! :)

It's probably a bit of a drive, but have you tried Lomond Classical Riding near Gatwick? I had a couple of lessons there while living in Tooting and it was excellent. They have Iberian school masters (and non-Iberians), and Alex Gache who runs it is both lovely and an excellent trainer.

The felt is currently going on the roof so hopefully we'll be watertight soon! Still a way to go with the lean-to roof and then all the internals but it's great to see the full shape of it :D

ETA - a friend of mine from Godalming goes to Wellington Riding near Reading for her lessons. Again a bit of a drive but they have some good schoolmasters apparently and excellent facilities.

Roxylola

Visit site
Bernster, selling saddles is a pain. If they are high value maybe sheepham or the saddle bank. If not I'd just ebay them tbh.
Good luck with moving, it's as stressful as moving house (possibly more so)

Bernster

Visit site
Bernster, selling saddles is a pain. If they are high value maybe sheepham or the saddle bank. If not I'd just ebay them tbh.
Good luck with moving, it's as stressful as moving house (possibly more so)

i know right?! Thx for the names. I was just checking out saddles direct so there are def options which are a bit less hassle.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
It's probably a bit of a drive, but have you tried Lomond Classical Riding near Gatwick? I had a couple of lessons there while living in Tooting and it was excellent. They have Iberian school masters (and non-Iberians), and Alex Gache who runs it is both lovely and an excellent trainer.

The felt is currently going on the roof so hopefully we'll be watertight soon! Still a way to go with the lean-to roof and then all the internals but it's great to see the full shape of it :D

ETA - a friend of mine from Godalming goes to Wellington Riding near Reading for her lessons. Again a bit of a drive but they have some good schoolmasters apparently and excellent facilities.

I haven't although looked at their website a while ago - I think I worried that I wasn't at a high enough level to ride there but I'm not sure what I based that on tbh. Same with Wellington (I went there to their tack shop and stopped for a coffee, felt like it would be 'too good' for me but I don't know why). That was a while ago though and things have moved on with my confidence so maybe it's time to rethink. For some reason I also had in my mind that riding a schoolmaster would also be too good for me or that I'd be 'cheating' in some way - which I'm now realising might also be a silly way to think about it! Thank you for the recommendations though I will follow them up :)

Hurrah for watertightness! I loved watching our house renovation taking shape, especially when we knocked out a wall; even though it was all back to bare brick (dear god the dust!) the change of the feel of the space was immediately satisfying.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ugh, boo fir anyone having plans kyboshed by weather, lockdowns, lorries, lameness or anything else like that. Nothing wrong with a quiet weekend, but so frustrating when its forced on you. AE, it's a good job you are so efficient at arranging clinics then

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
State Show Jumping Champs for us this weekend. It's being run over 4 days but I am just riding on Saturday. Hubby is there judging too, has been since yesterday and I feel like I am missing out! They are live streaming it too, and it looks amazing.

I hope everyone else doesn't have their plans too curtailed by everything!

KEK

Visit site
Agility trial tomorrow and Malachys 2nd and final show for the year at the states on Sunday. He’s doing the 65 and 75 which I think is ENORMOUS and his rider says he’ll be fine. It’s gonna be hot though, 34 degrees ?
Good luck to everyone competing and sorry to hear some are back on lockdown ☹️

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site

I’m guildford and I went one in cobham that now can’t remember the name of. I want to say it’s something like Silvermede? There’s also laris farm in Chobham but if you’re godalming side of Guildford that might be a bit far for you but they are very good (or at least were, I’m a bit out of touch with riding schools now!). There’s also Littlefield in worplesdon but I have heard they’re only really good for the very very novice.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
If I can squeeze a hack in before dark then will hack tonight but otherwise a bit of flat schooling. Jumping lesson tomorrow and pairs hunter on Sunday! Last one I did (our first together) she was painfully backward thinking so hoping this will get her a bit more forward as she is a typical mare and if we canter with someone she wants to show them who is boss and go in front.

Chippers1

Visit site
Nothing planned for me, weather is going to be pants tomorrow so probably won't ride. Will hack on Sunday morning.
Got into an argument with a cyclist last night (which is totally unlike me!) but he spooked Buzz (who is normally fine with bikes) and he was spinning and cantering sideways as the bike was coming towards us still, I asked him to stop (and said please!) but he just carried on so he got a bit of a loud 'urgh' noise from me, he then said 'well i slowed down' to which i replied with a sarcy yeah great thanks (not my finest moment!) and he cycled off with a 'you should be looking round more' and i didn't get a last word in :D all i wanted him to do was stop so i could show Buzz it was fine :(
I was on the bridleway too so he actually should have been giving way to me...
Ruined my ride as I hate confrontation and I felt bad about the way I had handled the situation but i've never seen Buzz react like that, he can be spooky but he normally comes straight back to me. I'm not normally one who asks people to stop what they are doing so I can ride past, it was such an over reaction though that it was the safest thing to do!
I should have been looking around as well as it was windy and I didn't hear him approach behind us. Ah well.
Hopefully I won't see him again :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I’m guildford and I went one in cobham that now can’t remember the name of. I want to say it’s something like Silvermede? There’s also laris farm in Chobham but if you’re godalming side of Guildford that might be a bit far for you but they are very good (or at least were, I’m a bit out of touch with riding schools now!). There’s also Littlefield in worplesdon but I have heard they’re only really good for the very very novice.
Silvermere between Cobham and Byfleet, worth checking reviews but make your own mind up SP'd.
Laris in Chobham is going through change of leadership and a re org, has always had good reports in the past. Hacking is a bit of roadwork and then onto Chobham common, but they have always insisted on a private lesson 1st to assess.
Def swerve the other RS in Chobham if you are able to ride unassisted..... its council licensed but I don't think it will ever get BHS approval...

TheHairyOne

Visit site

My private instuctor does some teaching at Larkspur which looks to be only about 30mins ish from you. They look to have some lovely ponies and I kmow her teaching is good!

If you ever want to come play with a herd of perfectly ordinary horses on a very basic yard with totally ordinary riders you'd be welcome to come have a ride on mine and my sisters herd one weekend when you're not isolating. We are 5 mins from Wellington.

96684877_10157998718987254_2422189442719547392_o.jpg

Which is where I am off to at the weekend to attempt a long arena test for the first time in years. Loved TQ as they were all short!