Weekend plans :D

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday at last!

What's everyone got planned?

Hoping the stormy weather will sod off and not deliver the current forecast after all. Kira's week off was amusing but not productive ;) Glad to be back in the saddle now she's all healed up.

Gone a bit bonkers busy this week, arena hire this afternoon to practice our PSG freestyle. Saturday will be braving the storm to do a test riding clinic. Tuesday lesson, Wednesday music show (assuming practice goes OK today :eek:!) Good job she's well rested ;)

Have fun everyone :)

Fiona

Visit site
What did Kira need healed up from MP?? I must have missed that bit..

Good luck with your music :)

There is an awful weather forecast here on Saturday, so I might bring son to SJ on Friday night inside instead.

We've already missed PC on Tuesday and my lesson yesterday due to the high winds :(

Fiona

ihatework

Visit site
Looks bloody manky allround.
Supposed to be out Eventing, but a) we were waitlisted and b) I’ll be surprised if it runs.

I’m kind of hoping it’s abandoned early and that we can beg a late slot in the local team chase instead!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
What did Kira need healed up from MP?? I must have missed that bit..
she had a routine dental last week but vet spotted a tiny fragment of wolf tooth that must have been left whenever she had those out (god knows who did that or when). it wasn't there before so must have migrated up through the gum since she was last done. it left a little hole so he said to give her a week without a bit, OMIGOD what a boring week it's been.

she had fun times in a headcollar though which made me giggle lots... top class horse, this ;)

54028986_2388084827869680_1529299654942916608_n.jpg

Fiona

Visit site
she had a routine dental last week but vet spotted a tiny fragment of wolf tooth that must have been left whenever she had those out (god knows who did that or when). it wasn't there before so must have migrated up through the gum since she was last done. it left a little hole so he said to give her a week without a bit, OMIGOD what a boring week it's been.

she had fun times in a headcollar though which made me giggle lots... top class horse, this ;)

54028986_2388084827869680_1529299654942916608_n.jpg

She's a rascal lol.....

I'm assuming she's now healed up OK...

Fiona

Alibear

Visit site
Daisy and I have a groundwork clinic on Saturday, its indoors so hoping the wind dies down and we should be all OK. She's had an easy week this week between the farrier and blumin storm Gareth , but worked nicely yesterday so I'm hoping it will be productive. I also need to crack on with under saddle work especially introducing short canter periods which I keep wimping out of, plus I need to re-introduce the curb bit a little. Lots to do and time is ticking, but it also can't be rushed.

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m at West Wilts right now! I decided to do a quick turnaround after our Sunday outing and practice my new positive attitude in some simple tests. I think Indio was confused by E40 as there’s not a lot to do! So a few mistakes as he was trying too hard. E53 in half an hour.

As for the weekend proper, I’m off to Spain on Saturday for a few days, yay!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Ooh lovely Jiffy! Very jealous.

Thursday already and I need a serious cyber-slap if anyone cares to oblige. I'm at Stafford BE. Eek. I am so totally over winter though. Gale force winds, rain, mud, snow, more mud, more wind. And did I mention mud?

Forecast for today-Saturday is shite and I have not ridden since a short hack on Saturday. I really, REALLY need to ride a couple of times before Stafford but I keep looking out the window and thinking 'really'? I've got a cold too now and have no energy and no motivation whatsoever to get chilled to the bone and soaked to my knickers for the umpteenth time this year. (Sorry for the Whinge-fest.)

I am getting very frustrated with myself!!! I am probably being a bit slack because I think Stafford will be abandoned! But if not it could be interesting conditions with a fizzy horse!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Despite the crappy weather I'm feeling somewhat motivated at the moment and have been busy booking in all manner of clinics and events (and keeping them all a secret from M as he has form for self-harming if he thinks he's got too many social engagements coming up!)

This weekend we have another clinic with Conrad Schumacher. I'm super excited as we last saw him in November and had a great time, and more importantly a lot of the learnings we've been able to put to use in our regular schooling sessions. It'll be interesting to see what he says this time round as last time I got a slap on the wrist for working too hard :D

blood_magik

Visit site
Henry had his back operated on this morning - he needed more bone reshaping than previously thought but the vet said he’s come through everything brilliantly and that you would know he’d been operated on. 🙂 Hopefully be able to bring him home Monday. 🤞🏻

Lesson on Beau tonight and then I’ll decide if we’re going to Morris tomorrow. If I had a saddle I’d take the new boy along too.

New fillers have been put out so tonight could be interesting 😅

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
BD on sunday woo :)
I am doing 2 tests back to back which I've never done before.. didn't think I could manage remembering 2 tests and no one is brave enough to call for me :D
I'm being brave and THINK I know both tests in my little pea brain.. ish! N27 & N30.

The weather is grim here too - not too surprising being on the side of a welsh mountain! I'm hoping to get a couple of practice runs in before Sunday but the weather looks shocking.. think I'll just have to chuck a big coat on and try and manage 20 mins without blowing away!

Good luc kto everyone competing.
I hope the weather clears up soon too!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I’m at West Wilts right now! I decided to do a quick turnaround after our Sunday outing and practice my new positive attitude in some simple tests. I think Indio was confused by E40 as there’s not a lot to do! So a few mistakes as he was trying too hard. E53 in half an hour.

I should think that's a bit windy, the arena is rather exposed! Good luck for your next test!

Nothing much planned for us this weekend - hoping the weather settles so I can get some riding in. Good luck to all out and about - have fun and stay safe. xx

scats

Visit site
Hope you all enjoy your weekends and that the weather doesn’t ruin too ma y plans. We’ve had non-stop storms since the weekend before last, so mine have had a two week holiday. I’ve been bored out of my brain and totally miserable as a result! Although forecast to be wet this weekend, most of our stormy weather should pass by Friday evening so I’m hoping to get back on board and test out my new found straightness! Second chiro appointment this week and I’ve stayed remarkably straight, which is good.

I’m pretty sure I’ve broken my foot though. Polly stood on me at a very strange angle last Saturday and my foot has been very bruised and been giving me that telltale bone pain ever since. Even brushing it lightly is painful.
Not bothering to get it looked at though- I can walk and move and wear most of my shoes so all is good.

j1ffy

Visit site
I should think that's a bit windy, the arena is rather exposed! Good luck for your next test!

Nothing much planned for us this weekend - hoping the weather settles so I can get some riding in. Good luck to all out and about - have fun and stay safe. xx

Thankfully the tests were indoors and the warm-up in the sheltered outdoor! I wouldn’t have fancied the big outdoor today...

First half of test one felt good but tension was our undoing in the second half. I’ve been doing a lot of work on the halt as he had a complete meltdown recently, so lots of positive reinforcement when he halts nicely and square and moves off promptly. I think it worked against us today as he wanted to halt everywhere in both tests 🤣
Had a couple of mistakes in E53 as well. Ended up with 62% in E40 and 65% in E53. I know we can do better once Indio is more relaxed and ‘through’ as he is at home, so onwards and upwards! Having looked back on our record, we’d never done E40 before and we’ve never had a great score in E53 - I think it’s a bit of a clunky test. Sadly all our local venues seem to have it consistently for the next two months!

Bernster

Visit site
Look forward to hearing how everyone gets on.

As I’ve had cabin fever and am finally getting out, I’m raring to go! Fortunately the forecast seems ok for Sunday when I’m off for my first attempt at Quest, team and solo, two Prelim tests. One test suits us, the other doesn’t, but it’ll just be nice to get some ring and comp practice.

Trinket12

Visit site
I am going to see Patch the possible lease horse and his owner is going to show me how to lunge :) I understand the theory, but have never done it before. Usual riding lessons and barn chores on Sunday to pay for said possible lease horses board :p Hoping we have some sunny weather, last week my lesson was in the outside arena and both me and Risky loved it!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Ooo sounds like a miserable weekend for many! Hoping the weather is less miserable in 11 days, maybe our warm weather will follow me over?

We are off to an Off the track Showman Day. It's just for horses off the track, adn it's free to enter. We went last year and had a good time so i am a bit excited this year. Henry has been incredible all week since our lesson, we are going to have a jump tonight and tomorrow he is getting scrubbed and plaited. He will NOT be pleased! Weather is looking a bit warm with 34 forecast but have morning ride times so should be cool enoguh while I ride. Really looking forward to some rain and cooler weather, the dam is SO low.

Michen

Visit site
Argghhh how has the weekend come around so quickly. I have been away half the week with work and we have Swalcliffe BE this weekend, haven't had time to get another SJ lesson in this week and feeing very unprepared!

Reminds me why I prefer having a rider when work is busy, so much less stress!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Argghhh how has the weekend come around so quickly. I have been away half the week with work and we have Swalcliffe BE this weekend, haven't had time to get another SJ lesson in this week and feeing very unprepared!

Reminds me why I prefer having a rider when work is busy, so much less stress!!

I feel your pain! I pulled my finger out and booked a SJ session tonight but it has just been cancelled as the jumps keep blowing down!!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Look forward to hearing how everyone gets on.

As I’ve had cabin fever and am finally getting out, I’m raring to go! Fortunately the forecast seems ok for Sunday when I’m off for my first attempt at Quest, team and solo, two Prelim tests. One test suits us, the other doesn’t, but it’ll just be nice to get some ring and comp practice.

Good Luck with your Quest show Bernster, I did my first Quest a couple of weeks ago it was really lovely nice and relaxed and encouraging :)I'm really looking forward to the next one x

GG13

Visit site
Good luck to everyone out and about. Hopefully the weather is kind!

I’m out sj on Saturday. Have entered the 1.05m and plan to do the newcomers if that goes well. Will be our first 1.10m in quite a few months so feeling a little nervous

blood_magik

Visit site
Beau was super strong but jumped round the discovery without any issues this morning. The plan is to build him up again a little slower just in case his confidence had taken a knock, although I suspect the stopping came from his back being a little sore.

Popped in to see Henry on my way home from picking up Rio’s saddle. He’s very happy to have company on either side - he snaffled his carrots so he could get back to his new friends 😄

We’re due snow tomorrow so no plans for the actual weekend. Might swap the RHS amateur course around so I can use all of the new fillers.

Good luck to everyone out competing 🙂

Abi90

Visit site
Supposed to be having a jumping lesson but think it might get cancelled for the wind! So fingers crossed

Pippity

Visit site
Silly gushing post incoming...

I haven't even sat on Blue since our lesson last week, due to being out of the country for work, and she wasn't in a co-operative mood when she came belting in from the field, having snapped her lead rope and bogged off, leaving the groom behind.* I was expecting our lesson this evening to be one of those where you spend an hour grinding away, trying to get SOMETHING that's good enough to leave on. It wasn't a surprise that the brakes were completely non-existent for the first five or ten minutes.

But then something clicked in her head, she settled down, arched her neck, and worked away willingly. So in one lesson, she went from running through all the aids to learning turn on the forehand and shoulder fore. I was also able to run a whip all over her, even under her belly, when she used to plaster herself to the wall of the stable at just the sight of a whip.

I'm so lucky with this little cob!

So, tomorrow, she's being rewarded with a few hours out hacking, assuming the weather co-operates, and then she's having another week off, because I'm off out of the country for work again. (Particularly annoying because I was hoping to get her out for our first dressage test on Sunday. Bah!)

* Combination of wind up her arse, being led in with a horse who pushes her around, and the groom being one who seems to have electric hands. Still completely unacceptable, and nothing she's even hinted at with me, so I definitely need to work on her manners.

zaminda

Visit site
I'm supposed to be jumping tomorrow, but have done very little this week as mad busy, and then came down with a serious bug yesterday, so might be giving it a miss, and just do some canter training. Always so much to do.