Weekend plans :D

Denbob

Visit site
I was supposed to be recovering from pony club camp but that was a total non-starter. Barsteward decided loading was not in his repertoire and after 5 hours across two days with both a 3.5 and a trailer we called it quits on a semi-positive because even if we could get him there I was having nightmares about trying to bring him home.

As a result though I got on with a "go on I dare you" head on yesterday, so a bit different from my recent wet blanket attitude and he went so well! Taking a step back to go to a friend's Open Farm Sunday instead and will get a pro out to tackle loading. Sodding horses I was on such a high 😂

Hope the weather holds for everyone!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Oh no Denbob :(. Loading problems are ridiculously frustrating - this method finally sorted mine out. It did take over an hour the first time, about 10 minutes the second time, and now all I do is flick the leadrope the second she hesitates and she walks in.

Good luck mp, ae, and ah!

I was going to be hacking but there's equine flu locally and it (or a virus of some sort) has spread to a lot of the wild ponies around so 2 of my main hacking routes are too risky to ride until there's the all clear :(. I guess we'll go for a walk round the lanes instead. Or not! It's only 14 days until I'm working away for 3 months so I guess I won't be missing out on too much horsey stuff while I'm gone.

Chippers1

Visit site
Oh I posted a weekend plans about 3 minutes after you! I didn't see your post 🤦🏼‍♀️ no wonder I had no responses 😅

Just going to copy/paste my post...
I have hired showjumps on sat and a local show (groan, I know) on sun. Only going to the show because I won entry to two classes so just going for a jump round. Also my first solo trip out as OH(/groom) is busy, argh. Unless anyone is around the notts/derby area on sun and fancies being a groom for me 😅

Don't know how it's going to go really, this last week Buzz has been so so spooky he's been really unpleasant to ride. I'm not really sure what's up with him! I've got some magnesium oxide on it's way in the hope it just takes the edge off him 🤷🏻‍♀️

Denbob

Visit site
Thanks DF :) I have been watching a load of videos and reading articles but hadn't seen that one!

Every cloud though, he's had a really good stretch and I can now get a lovely lateral step and stepping backwards on the ground - just the forward which is the issue 😂
2019-06-06 19.09.21.png

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well I was going to take Daemon to do a trail - jumping hybrid competition with the barrel racing folk, but I attempted to jump Skye today and my ankle was not OK with the idea at all, so I'm not entirely sure now. Of course, the barrel racing people are daft, so I could take him and do it bareback or without stirrups instead :p

Snowfilly

Visit site
Hanging about at Royal Cornwall. I've been here since 7.30 this morning, watched horses non stop and still have a 1.35 jumping class to watch and some more crepes to eat as that's the closest food van still open.

Repeat tomorrow for Mountain and Moorlands, Arabs and foreign breeds, and Saturday for heavies, minis and donkeys. I intend to eat my body weight in junk food and catch up with more friends as well.

Hope every one out and about has fun!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Oh no Denbobs! Good luck with sorting it out.
Good luck showjumoing Chippers. How did you win 2 classes?
JFTD-WS Bareback barrel racing with jumps thrown in sounds fun..... (not!!)
Good luck those stressaging at lessons or comps and have fun everyone.

Chippers1

Visit site
Facebook competition I'd forgotten I'd done 😅 it's a Native special so will be nice to see some native ponies around.
Excited about the SJ hire, it's a new venue I've found that's 15 minutes down the road so if it's good I will be there often!
Cheer me up after finding the farmer of the fields around our yard has put a gate up blocking my main hacking route, including the two places I go to do fittening work :-(

Fiona

Visit site
Has he blocked a bridleway chippers?

How frustrating denbob 😭😭😭

We've got the area pony club horse care competition on Saturday which is all inside thankfully, and we plan to take the two ponies XC schooling on Sunday...

Fiona

Chippers1

Visit site
I dont think it's an official bridleway, it's a path/lane (the only cars that go down it are liveries and the farmer) that has our summer fields either side then you can carry on and get to a bigger undulating field then go further and get to the country park, although you do have to go a little bit down a footpath to get there, but it's one of those "this has been ridden on for years and years" situations. Right at the very end is a huge compost site that you can get to from the main road but we don't ride as far down as that.

I'm so sad, it's my favourite pootling route! Mainly because Buzz is scared of the other route on his own ha ha.
I'm friends with someone who's dad works for the farmer so I've asked if she can find out some info for me, whether it was the riders or something else he's keeping out.

zaminda

Visit site
I'm off to a hunter trial with Tamba on Sunday. I ended up not going anywhere last Sunday so it should be fun. It's a venue I haven't been to before which is quite nice. I just hope he behaves as he has been a bit sharp recently!! Hopefully a couple of gallops trips as well as I am gearing up for two days of endurance next weekend.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
No horses for me, we've been given free tickets to The Greatest Showman at the O2.

Good luck at your events everyone.

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm at Eland Lodge on Saturday for their unaffiliated ODE with the big cob. Hoping to go a bit quicker than last time 😁

Sunday I'm playing with the little cob at home and the big lad has a day off. Then lunch with the family for my grandma's birthday.

Little cob will be modelling his new eye wear on Sunday

IMG_9086.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
DC that’s hilarious!

Was going to go sj Sunday but have a late night with friends on Sat and not sure I’ll be in a fit state! So might go to some local gallops with a friend on Saturday instead. I don’t go sj really so I should do it more but hey ho.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I have a lesson tomorrow and we have a Dressage and SJ show on Sunday and I am first up for my dressage test at 8. The early start wouldn't bother me but it's forecast to be VERY wet and I am wondering if it will get cancelled with a heap of other shows this weekend. We will see. Even if it's not cancelled I think we will just do dressage and scratch the SJ because the arena gets notoriously wet and we don't need to be slipping and sliding about.

Other than that I am spending lots of time with my girlfriends, so I won't be too sad about the show if it is cancelled :p

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I dont think it's an official bridleway, it's a path/lane (the only cars that go down it are liveries and the farmer) that has our summer fields either side then you can carry on and get to a bigger undulating field then go further and get to the country park, although you do have to go a little bit down a footpath to get there, but it's one of those "this has been ridden on for years and years" situations. Right at the very end is a huge compost site that you can get to from the main road but we don't ride as far down as that.

I'm so sad, it's my favourite pootling route! Mainly because Buzz is scared of the other route on his own ha ha.
I'm friends with someone who's dad works for the farmer so I've asked if she can find out some info for me, whether it was the riders or something else he's keeping out.

Oh no! That's devastating Chippers. Do some digging and find out what's going on and if it's worth contacting DEFRA Rights of Way at The Planning Inspectorate. If you do, it will land right on my desk :D

As for me it's my birthday weekend! I don't have any horsey plans but I might go for a hack around Badminton if the weather is good.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm genuinely sad about it and hope that we will be able to get through. I understand it's the farmers land and he can do what he wants but it feels like we are being closed in on all sides!
It's a shame because up until last year we were allowed to ride around the boundaries of his fields (he even cut them down for us) so we had loads of shorter hacks with good canter spaces but one of the other livery yards from the area had riders riding through the crops so he rightly banned us all from using the fields. When they are cut down we are allowed on them until they are plowed so i'm waiting for that day! I hope that it isn't a rider issue again as we try to be as courteous as possible from our yard as we appreciate being able to use the fields!
I will see where my digging gets me.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Still in absolute shock about loosing Lily on Monday, but back in work and trying to get on with things and get back into a routine to stop my mind wandering.
Trailer was all set up for trailer loading practice with her tomorrow.
I quickly made this yesterday, ordered a nice canvas of my two together. I never got any nice ish photos of them together as Rocky would always be trying to nibble her, but this was the best one!

I have BD on Sunday... I wasn't going to go but I think at least it'll give me something to focus on and keep my mind busy for a few hours and I'm sure i'll feel better once I've done it however I may chicken out on Sunday morning, the thought of plaiting him and faffing is not what I want to be doing at the moment.

Going into the barn tonight to move some of her things.. it's going to break my heart, her bed is made, hay net up and treat ball ready for her to come in to bed :'( What a shit week!
6-06-2019-16-25-32.JPG

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Hanging about at Royal Cornwall. I've been here since 7.30 this morning, watched horses non stop and still have a 1.35 jumping class to watch and some more crepes to eat as that's the closest food van still open.

Repeat tomorrow for Mountain and Moorlands, Arabs and foreign breeds, and Saturday for heavies, minis and donkeys. I intend to eat my body weight in junk food and catch up with more friends as well.

Hope every one out and about has fun!

Snowfilly, if you stand by the trade stands facing the horse rings, the top left hand corner at the end of the stables by the gate is the best food van, I had their chilli chips yesterday and they are FABULOUS. They also do breakfast from 5am, I was there yesterday lol

scats

Visit site
Quiet one here. It’s my brothers wedding next Friday so I’m not dressaging til after that now. Will hack the girls I think. One of Millie’s wingalls looked slightly puffier than normal so she’s on light duties for a week.
So Ill use the time to crack on a bit with Polly this week coz she’s been on the back burner for the last month, not that she’s bothered in the slightest!

Pippity

Visit site
I'm entered for our second attempt at dressage on Sunday, but suspect I may wimp out. The plan was to hire the scary arena with mirrors a few times to get her used to it, but I just haven't had time. Throw in the fact that she hasn't been ridden for a week, and I'd just be setting her up to fail.

If I don't do the in-person dressage, I'm going to make the effort to do an online dressage test. Even though they're both Intro B, which I really don't like.

Orchard14

Visit site
West Wilts BE on Sunday but still debating whether to run or not, Madam hasn't had very good prep the last couple of weeks due to my own personal issues so we'll decide on the day. Good luck everyone.