Weekend plans :D

Asha

Visit site
I have a very exciting weekend planned, starting today with my first dressage lesson with a pro dressage rider. Not quite sure what he will make with me on my irish draught, but hey ho. Then off to the ID breed show. Ive actually gone all out and booked a hotel so i can have a bottle of wine and large bowl of pasta in my room , and a proper nights sleep. ( this will be my first night away since 2019, so think i deserve a treat )
Good luck everyone out and about.

Did i mention im excited .. all those gorgeous IDs in one place cant wait.

racebuddy

Visit site
new horse got picked up last week so they have had week settling in with each other , ive been working lates all week and working sunday too but have got few days off next week in the sunshine , got farrier next week for both , having a few weeks getting used to the new one and when come back of holiday get cracking jumping , xxx

Bernster

Visit site
Hack out and maybe a bit of field work for both tonight. Xc clinic on Saturday at a new venue in Herts, always exciting to visit new places. Undecided as to whether to take old faithful finnegan or new boy Bertie. Haven’t done any jumping with B since I tried him but am tempted to take him and see how we go. Got to start sometime eh ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Get Deza back in work, which is looking very likely today as she is sound as a bell on the lunge. Whatever she did on Monday to fail the vetting looks like a very new injury, which was worse on Tuesday and then rapidly got better again over the next 2 days. Her back isn't as free as I want it yet, but the pain has gone. School Ludo, to put a smile on my face. I thought I'd also be teaching Joe to have his feet rasped, but lesson number 2 went so well that they are done :)

AandK

Visit site
Charlie is now missing both shoes :oops: so we're back to barefoot. Which was the end goal, and how he was before the keratoma op, just a bit sooner than planned!
He is walking out really well in boots and pads, so I'm taking him out several times a week in hand to help build the feet back up. The normal foot is looking pretty good considering (8 months in bar shoes) and he doesn't need a boot for the field for that one, but I am keeping them both on him 24/7 for now as the other foot isn't quite ready to go without yet and I want him to feel even. Although looking at the difference in 1 week (since he pulled the shoe on the bad foot, the other went missing 2 days ago) is showing already, so I don't think it will be long before he will only need boots for walking out.
I expect it will be at least a month before I can get back on, but I knew this would happen when the shoes came off and I've barely ridden the last month anyway!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I dropped Maddie off at our trainer's yard this morning for a mini bootcamp, as I am away with family/friends at a music festival for the weekend. I will pop back though on Saturday as my saddler is coming out to check her saddle. I don't think it's that bad, but it hasn't been checked for 2.5 months and she's packed some muscle on since then, and I always feel happier knowing it's a perfect fit. We had a couple of rubbish rides earlier in the week in the long arena at our trainer's yard which is very open. Maddie was very looky and I struggled to get any relaxation out of either of us. We did a test riding clinic on Tuesday, but it really wasn’t our greatest performance. We cantered when we shouldn’t, didn’t canter when we should and ended up on 63.54%. It’s a bit disappointing, but it is what it is. I am going to look into getting some off horse coaching to see if I can work through the anxiety I have when riding in arenas like this. Maddie needs me to take charge, but I need to get some tools in my toolbox in order to do that. Trainer's daughter has been given strict instructions that when she schools over the weekend, she does so in that arena!! She'll also hack Maddie out as well, so it won't all be going round in circles!

Hope everyone has a great weekend whatever you are up to. Between the ears shot from earlier in the week. Excuse the feral mane, it's since been tidied up a bit.....

237391328_2092571377548545_6881835700319835021_n.jpg

little_critter

Visit site
We’re off to Bicton AF tomorrow. An early start for us, we’re not quite as well prepared as I’d like but I’m not feeling as pressured as our last outing, so I’ll just see what we can pull out if the bag.
It’s a massive class (roughly 60 in total, split into 2 sections) so a placing is unlikely but I’d like to score better than last time.

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Lesson tomorrow, there’s been a request from small person to canter and jump again after all the excitement of last weekend, so we’ll see what happens. Pic from last week’s tune up lesson that gave them the guts to go for it when it mattered!

Then hopefully a mini eventers challenge on Sunday at a local course - was meant to be a couple of weeks ago but the heavy rain made the XC course super slippery so it got postponed. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again as the weather doesn’t look too promising…

Nest week will be all about camp (at the same venue as XC), so hoping a kit list gets sent out soon!

46E909ED-75F8-473F-B106-320DEBD48C1C.jpeg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Using my volunteering leave allowance to sit in a field blowing a whistle for two days ?

(aka fence judging at Somerford Fri & Sat)

I forgot I'm supposed to be visiting Saturday but the forecast is dire! The rain is torrential tonight, if it keeps up the event will be off anyway, I guess.

Nicnac

Visit site
After Sunday's SJ clinic went well, I have a XC clinic Saturday on mine and taking both to a Trec obstacle training day on Sunday. Sunday is more for the youngster as the more he gets out and sees the world in a gentle way the better. So far he's been a diamond but next year expecting the terrible 5's to hit!

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Start of a weeks holiday which was supposed to culminate in Bob being at Blair! But Mr Sicknote is still off so it looks like a very lazy week!
Was out last night for a few cocktails for a friends 40th, lunch today with my Aunt, out in Edinburgh tomorrow!
Good luck to everyone competing and having fun!

Pippity

Visit site
One in the novice at Somerford on Saturday - practically Saturday evening as i'm on so late!

Then 4yo is entered up for 2 prelims at our on-yard dressage competition on Sunday.

I was just too late to get a slot in the Sunday comp! I may be writing, so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm at a charity show Sun, weather looks dire again this weekend so not sure when I get the Buzz cleaning done!
Rode last night over the xc jumps we have at home, there's not loads but they range from about 30cm to 90cm so nice for a little pop round. They're not available for most of the year due to the fields they're in being used for turnout so it's great when we get a chance! Buzz loved it and was pinging around everything, even the bigger ones so we had a great time :)