Weekend plans for 18th & 19th +/-

Roxylola

Visit site
Got a showjumping clinic on sunday. Goal is basically to jump round an 80/90 course. We've got kelsall the weekend after so I dont really want to be messing about with technique etc i just want a nice positive round tbh.
Hacking probably on saturday, and maybe a quick dressage practise as well, we just need to get a bit of polish back

Breagha

Visit site
I have someone riding Breagha twice a week now, so she will be riding tomorrow. We have Baileys coming with the weigh bridge to the yard on Saturday morning for a yard visit. Hoping to get out a hack with the other half whilst daughter at my mums. I need a change from the school, jumping paddock and the fields. We dont have much hacking around us.

chaps89

Visit site
I don't think I've ever been able to join in on this thread before - though I do often read through so I can live vicariously.
However this weekend we are going to have a bash at Working Equitation.
My share horses owner competes and every now and again sets up all the obstacles etc so she can have a practice and will do a mini clinic for others on the yard to have a go. I have invited myself and madam along for this one.
She's gone a bit sticky going out and about lately and I don't think she's ever done a clinic type setting with other horses (lots of arena hire, the occasional fun ride, lots of hacking new places) I also don't love riding around other people and I know I'm going to be super self conscious as they're all - naturally - going to be curious about what she's like!
So my ambitions are fairly low - I'd just like her to be as relaxed as possible and for us to both enjoy it. Maybe that is quite ambitious given our tendency towards tension but good to have something to aim for.

We had a super lesson yesterday whereupon I discovered we've been relying on the fence a little too much (despite primarily schooling in an open field) so re-visited the purpose of the outside rein and how to turn a corner. Its so easy to overlook the basics sometimes and I know damn well how to ride a corner so it was a bit frustrating to have let some bad habits creep in but a good refresher.
Also had a lightbulb moment about some of my own tension (toe up as opposed to heel down/relax the lower leg/don't grip seemed to be just the right phrase for things to click into place) but overall, for our 2nd or 3rd lesson this year I was thrilled with her and received a really nice compliment from my instructor (who is not prone to these things!) So I'm hoping that will set us up well for Saturday.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Campety campety campety CAMP!! This is my DIY, 'don't ask me I'm just booking the stables and trainers camp' at Somerford. An absolute BARGAIN if you do it yourself instead of paying to join one. But the 'don't ask me' is not really wokring so in reality I have spent hours (and hour and HOURS) sorting it out. But nearly there now. Just cannot wait and have such good trainers coming. Such a relief the new guidelines are still allowing sport based camps to go ahead even though the social side of things is necessarily very limited/non existent.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Another express eventing at Mosytn on Sunday, fingers crossed the weather holds this time!

I'd discussed with Tuffy about withdrawing from all BE's this season, but if this weekend goes as well as last I might, possibly, only if Tuffy agrees, see about going to Kelsall... My only worry is it will be big and bold if the arena eventing is anything to go by, so potentially a rubbish one to dip our toes back into, so will probably continue with the plan to withdraw...

blood_magik

Visit site
BS for Blue and Fleur tomorrow with fairly civilised times of 1400, 1440 and 1645 as they’re running the big classes first.

Planning on treating it as ring experience for Fleur and then I’ll hopefully be competitive with the big guy as he’s pretty chilled about these things - I’m jumping against new trainer though so that should be interesting. ?

At home Saturday then I’ll take the new boy to polework Sunday. We’ll use it to work on loading into the rear-facing lorry.

hope everyone has a good weekend ☺️

Michen

Visit site
I’m taking Bear to the cotswolds for a mini break! Can’t wait for a lovely B and B, my best mate and lots of pony time. I wish Bog could come though.

Quick spin around the field this weekend to kick the weekend off. And a little canter with Pepper in tow (she loves hacking with the horses but can only come on the 30 min loop).

Such a good boy Bear!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Sounds like some great weekend plans - good luck to everyone getting out and about/competing :D

I went on a hack with share horse today, another positive ride out. I was a bit tense as he got a bit excited. I'm not used to him being so forward anyway but we had a little mini-jogging at times and my brain of course instantly went to - he's going to buck me off/run off with me (he did no such thing!). Really building my confidence on the ground and doing all the jobs too - doing it all with minimal supervision now.

Lesson tomorrow - I think jumping, for the first time in probably 8 years or so. Nervous but wanting to give it a go. I'm not especially fussed on jumping (because of the nerves) but I think it will be good for my overall confidence and building skills around balance, position etc.

No riding at the actual weekend - back with share horse early next week. Hopefully getting to go in the school which I'm looking forward to. Would like to enter an online dressage comp soon as something to work towards.

Flame_

Visit site
After about four years preparation and two failed previous attempts - thwarted by horse crying off with a foot abscess then me crying off with a sprained, giant hand - my horse's first pleasure ride.

Apart from keeping in mind the huge probability that it will still get cancelled thanks to bleeding covid, I'm crazy, crazy excited about maybe, hopefully, riding my awesome horse round a big Welsh forest!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have a cross country comp tomorrow, quite excited as it is JUST xc and none of the other bits. Will be walking the course after I ride tonight so I am excited.

Sunday will either be jumping the orange horse at home or going for a hack, depends on how much rain we get! Hoping for too wet to ride in the paddock, but won't hold my breath.

Have fun all!

Chippers1

Visit site
Off to a place called Park Farm tomorrow which is basically an 8 mile loop of wide canter verges and xc jumps :) looking forward to it and only slightly nervous...
Having to go with a friend again - went into the garage on Sat and he said 'i'm going to get it finished on Monday, come again next week' so I left it until Wednesday and he had done NONE of the work he said he was going to do. I'm quite annoyed really. So i'm still without transport and will go in again on Monday and see where we are at.
I've told him I have things planned (makes no difference) but he didn't need to get my hopes up that it was going to be done :rolleyes: it's a good job he's good at what he does (and the garage is at the bottom of the lane where my yard is, so very convenient!)

Enjoy your weekends everyone :)

Reacher

Visit site
I decided to put on my brave pants after RI rode him on the beach the other day and I rode him there last night by myself and rode him for 10 minutes, mainly trotting circles before serpentine my way back to the exit. He behaved, though was a tense giraffe looking at everything and not listening much to me - but am pleased with him and rather pleased with myself!
If I can get us confident on the beach will be so useful being able to school and do fittening work and just enjoy it!

Had to miss my mid week jumping lesson but had a lesson on the beach (this is aimed at calming him down and overcoming my phobia about coming off on the beach due to an incident a few years ago with s different horse ). Actually RI did most of the riding and I got on at the end - but baby steps!
]

Will have flatwork lesson at some point over weekend.
Have a good weekend everyone

AandK

Visit site
Hacking tomorrow before work (going to try and find a short 'before work' route up on the downs) and then schooling Sat before he has his feet trimmed.

Hack this morning was fab, awesome canter toward the end, he really is something special to canter out, so effortless and a few more gears to go before top speed! Need to book in to the local gallops me thinks...
83C643B8-0FD3-42F5-B6ED-3999ACA691B4.jpegFCF932F5-DF99-4FC9-80F6-3EF0164D4466.jpeg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Another express eventing at Mosytn on Sunday, fingers crossed the weather holds this time!

I'd discussed with Tuffy about withdrawing from all BE's this season, but if this weekend goes as well as last I might, possibly, only if Tuffy agrees, see about going to Kelsall... My only worry is it will be big and bold if the arena eventing is anything to go by, so potentially a rubbish one to dip our toes back into, so will probably continue with the plan to withdraw...

Kelsall is colouful and therefore can be spooky but is not that big. So depends what scares you! It seemed huge to me the first time I did it but I think Eland, Frickley, Someford, Stafford and Solihull are all bigger. Aston le Walls and Speetley were smaller though. I could be wrong so happy to be corrected (perception is an unreliable thing) but Kelsall is a lovely event I think. x