Weekend plans for last weekend in July

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Weekend has already started. DP has just been swimming and is now so very very tired ? actually he did 10 lengths and had far less stops than the others did. S has a lesson on B this afternoon. We were planning on going to the XC course for a bit of a practice on the small field on Saturday but the weather may put a stop to that as it might be a bit slippery. If XC is postponed we may go to the gallops instead on Sunday.

Have fun everyone whatever you are doing.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Picking up the horsebox after her MOT and service/ check over tonight, then hopefully early next week will take J out on his first little trip in the box to a country park about 10 mins away.

This actual weekend nothing really. Unfortunately we have set ourselves the task of doing at least one "job" around the house, this weekend is guttering/ fascia painting/ front of house painting... fun!

McFluff

Visit site
No plans other than a lesson on Sunday.
Everything is still shut up here. You can go to a pub and get pissed but can’t compete, go figure...
And as lots is still closed all the usual hacking haunts are just too busy to use.
And it looks like things won’t change for a while yet as the priority is schools, so the rest is on hold. :-(

Roxylola

Visit site
Seems like a lessony sort of weekend for many of us. I've a flat lesson Saturday, and a hunt theme lesson on sunday. A lady is running clinics and things at her own place with lots of hunt type fences as opposed to xc or wh style so we are going to head up there.
I've no intention or desire to take supercob to a hunt/fun ride ever - hed be white knuckle at best, dangerous at worst and the risk of mashing his head entirely is high.
If you were happy being carted round without much desire to slow down or steer and never wanted to compete again I think hed be super but even when I was young and brave that wasnt my idea of fun
However rustic practise is always useful

Alibear

Visit site
HufflyPuffly you will be fine, 100s of people event all the time and they are fine :) It is fun too, from what I remember. Good luck.

Amber has her first clinic on Saturday, which I'm so looking forwards to, it will be a lot of fun with a nice group of people. It's at the trainers where she lives so no change of venue but we'll get to see what she thinks of being in a group with horses she doesn't know, and perhaps not behaving quite like the other horses that she's shared the arena with before. Plus the fun job of learning to stand still whilst things are explained and learning to go away from the group.

My weekend starts early as I'm hitching up the carvan to drive over to the trainers tomorrow and leave it there for the rest of the summer so I can use it for weekend stays. Then I have a lesson on Amber in the afternoon to check we're on track for the clinic on Saturday.

Should be a fun horsey weekend, my first one of the year, infact my first one for a full year , all 365 days of it! I'm curious to see if my saddle has fitted when they tried her in it this week to. Fingers firmly crossed as it wasn't cheap , and will be just as expensive to replace!

rara007

Visit site
We’re in France :) The second FEI driving event back- 2* this year but it’s a 3* field with their A horses mainly as France is holding the world champs in October. 35 in my class from 9 nations. Through trot up, our dressage just before lunch tomorrow... won’t finish the whole thing until Sunday afternoon as we’re not walking cones until 1pm Sunday! XC course looks good walked it 4 or 5 times so far....! The pairs picture of iberians is a random competitor I liked the horses of :) There’s a lot of smart horses here! BEDF33E2-4E02-4920-9AFB-69F46D3A79C4.jpeg5FFA3E04-0AB5-4025-90BF-A80B3DAA475B.jpegB3808834-9CCB-4BAE-9CF6-DFEE6A3BD8B4.jpeg6AB04A7A-9F19-4658-82AA-B8BE96DC8F65.jpeg

Visit site
Rara that looks fab!

We still can't do anything in Scotland unless we cross the border! Wee Nippy is happy for you to go get your hair and nails done to go for a pint down the pub but you can't have a group lessons, instrcutors can't teach more than 4 households a day and amateur competative sport is an absolute no no!

I will, however, be headed to Cartmel with a racehorse on Sunday. That is going to be WEIRD! No bbqs, no trade stands, NO FUNFARE!!!!!!!

DreamTime22

Visit site
I've got dressage too, my first dressage outing with Bea! It's Prelim 7 and 14 and I didn't realise how many similarities were in them till I started riding them. It's making it mega confusing and I need to remember to ride and not just do the movements. Everything seems to take so much thinking at the minute and I definitely need about 100 hours more practise, but I don't think I'll fit that in before Sunday..

Sheep

Visit site
I've got dressage too, my first dressage outing with Bea! It's Prelim 7 and 14 and I didn't realise how many similarities were in them till I started riding them. It's making it mega confusing and I need to remember to ride and not just do the movements. Everything seems to take so much thinking at the minute and I definitely need about 100 hours more practise, but I don't think I'll fit that in before Sunday..

I had the same problem last week lol! Two v similar tests. And as for the remembering to ride... I’m with you on that ?

humblepie

Visit site
Not out competing - feel a bit uncertain about going still and with BD there is little to qualify for as no associate championships and we normally aim for the ROR/Veteran ones. Would like to be out showing but no showing shows on to go to. We had a lesson yesterday which was really good - I actually felt momentarily like a proper rider doing shoulder in in sitting trot but that soon disappeared when I struggle to ride half pass in any shape or form. My legs just don't want to do what they should. Good luck to all those competing and particularly rara007 in France. I don't feel comfortable going up the road to compete let along to France.

Bernster

Visit site
Good lesson last night. Only really the 2nd proper session since lock down for various reasons so we have forgotten about using our core, engaging the hind, and left bend generally. Did do some decent work but lots to brush up on.

Meeting up with a friend who I haven’t seen for ages, for a group ride around the chilterns. Assume it will be fairly chilled as the ground is hard. They have optional jumps if the grounds allows, but around 90cm. Gulp. Don’t expect we will be leaving the ground then!

have fun everyone and hope the weather holds.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Great to see people out and about again. 2020 has started finally. (Sorry to those where it hasn't... hopefully it will soon.)

Are you at Frickley Huffly Puffly? I'll look out for you! Awesome pics Rara. Happy Birthday Scats and get well soon.

WE AE GOING EVENTING!!!! Hurrah. Frickley BE80 for Katie and Dolly. It feels such a long time since we were last out. Very excited.

My weekend started with E-rider dressage tests on Toby. Looking a lot better than our June effort which in turn was a lot better than my first 'baseline' w/t/c on both reins video. Hopefully the scores will reflect what it felt like. Though I'm never very good at knowing whether anything is any good or not.

Dolly has had tune up lessons XC, SJ AND dressage over the last week so hopefully she's ready and raring to go. Bathtime tonight then praying she stays cleanish..... She was an absolute state the other morning - presenting a picture of innocence! What's wrong, mum? :eek::rolleyes:

109327278_3200255300054529_4510035324967491152_o.jpg

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Yes I'm at Frickley :oops:, was doing ok until I spied the course pictures now spending far too many trips going back and forth to my bathroom :eek:, autoimmune conditions do not react well to stress lol!

You'll be fine. You were jumping much bigger at Eland!
What number are you? I'll keep an eye out. Katie is 458 in Section J starting at 12.12 x

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
You'll be fine. You were jumping much bigger at Eland!
What number are you? I'll keep an eye out. Katie is 458 in Section J starting at 12.12 x

I'm 571, section L, starting at 13:50, so hopefully should see you guys there!

I have no idea why I'm this bloody nervous, it's annoying me lol, I don't 'do' being nervous!

Karran

Visit site
I'm venturing out of the dog part of the forum to join in!
I always read this but never have anything to report on as I'm a happy hacker and frankly a terrible rider!
We moved Share Mare a fortnight ago to a new yard and so far I've just been hacking on my three designated days.
On Sunday there is a yard social distancing clear round fun session, so being the super brave person that I am, I've put my name down for a round of poles and then cross poles.
Nothing half as exciting as what you guys do!
Not jumped in three years. Didn't do much previous to that. Share Mare loves jumping and hasnt done much with me or her owner for ages so she will be super excited just at the sight of poles!
Be fun if nothing else and I don't have to be scared of actually leaving the ground!