Weekend plans? Last weekend in September

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Plans anyone?
I refuse to believe that its coming to the end of September already!

Usual pootling tomorrow and Saturday, then the last RC comp of the year on Sunday, Equicross. (Part sj, part xc then finish over sj).

Good luck to those competing and hope everyone has a good weekend x

Bernster

Visit site
It’s getting darker and colder now ? the lights in our school aren’t working so had a moonlit lesson last night. Finn is white so he was all shiny so ins could still see us, but I was able to get up to all manner of wonkiness as she couldn’t see me. Finn kept grassing on me however as she could tell when I wasn’t right, because he wasn’t right. Snitch ?

Friends over this weekend so no riding for me ?

Roxylola

Visit site
Technically yesterday's xc lesson belongs to last week but either way it went pretty well. Poor supercob lost a shoe early on so we were cautious but he was game and on good form. I saw the shoe spinning past us after we landed a fence and hopped off to retrieve it.
Farrier was already due for us and a couple of others yesterday afternoon anyway and watched us clank and thunk back on to the yard afterwards. We think it's partly the jumping and largely the jumping with studs as he's on the dot of 6 weeks to be done.
So we've got 4 wheels back on our wagon, no stud holes as we won't be on grass much now til spring and we'll just have to be careful when we are.
On that note, we're going to do some unaffiliated showjumping on Sunday. Just an 85 class, they go up 5 for the jump off so max will be 90 which feels about right at the moment for where we are aiming next year. And will be a sort of gentle introduction for me to our winter BS plans.
In other news we are training with other riders who are competing at 80 and 90 now for our xc lessons, which feels like progress as well.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I can't believe it's the last weekend in September!

Ludo will be having a lesson with a new/old trainer on Saturday after one too many niggles with the one we were going to. We've not had a lesson for 3 months so I'm looking forward to that.

Joe is way ahead of schedule, not that I ever have a schedule for a newly backed horse. We have halt, walk, trot and the transitions nailed in our 4th session. Mounting at the block from a stirrup. We had an accidental canter which was really smooth so might try for some deliberately. Steering is still hit and miss but improving lots, and he's done, ooh, probably 15 minutes in total under saddle. Plan is to get the steering a bit more reliable then start a bit of hacking, but he's shot up behind again and I don't like doing much while he's piledriving the front end into the ground.

Lexi_

Visit site
Quite a busy one for us . Fence judging at Kelsall on Saturday, and foal shopping on Sunday ? . There is something happening tomorrow , will update on that tomorrow ?

Foal shopping is surely the best kind of shopping?

We’re FJing at Kelsall on Sat too but they only need us for the afternoon so it’s a super civilised 1.15pm start time!

Asha

Visit site
Foal shopping is very exciting!

It’s been a manic few days choosing the ones to view . Very excited
Foal shopping is surely the best kind of shopping?

We’re FJing at Kelsall on Sat too but they only need us for the afternoon so it’s a super civilised 1.15pm start time!
There really is no better shopping , my foal Amara will be super chuffed to have a little friend

See you at Kelsall ? we are there for the day . Really looking forward to it, it’s been ages

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Foal shopping sounds the best kind of shopping!

I'm going to see my new share horse for the second time tomorrow. I still can't quite believe it! I'm so, so excited :) I can't believe I had a canter on her on the first hack out, something is just right about this I think. We've agreed a trial period so very early days but still. It's exciting. Bit worried about telling my friend about it but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Visiting previous share horse and his owner Sunday which will be nice. Although the share didn't work out his owner is a nice person and miss share horse's cheeky chops!

Last edited:

Pippity

Visit site
Blue did another solo hack this evening! She was spookier than last time, but we still got back in one piece.

She also spent ten minutes helping out with a dog we met on the trail. The dog was clearly in that, "I have no idea what to do with this creature, so I will growl and wag my tail and shake with fear," place. Blue has never met a dog she doesn't love, so I told the dog's owner that and asked if she thought it would help if her dog actually 'met' Blue. She did, so the dog gradually crept closer and Blue ignored him and after ten minutes, the dog was licking Blue's nose and Blue was grooming him back. It was a really good experience for both of them, and I'm rather proud of her! (Not that I take any credit - she already loved dogs when I got her.)

Saying goodbye to friends who are emigrating to Australia on Saturday, and heading out somewhere to watch something with a friend on Sunday. (It's either Somerford or Kelsall, and I don't have a clue what we're watching. We both just need a horsey day out!)

I also need to find time to record a dressage test, if I can persuade Blue that she can trot at something below light speed. We've been having ongoing discussions about that for a couple of weeks.

PSD

Visit site
off to the first show with the new boy this weekend(Saturday). My favourite of the year too, sadly didn’t go ahead last year. Welsh day is my favourite day too, the atmosphere is something else! I’ll be watching ringside though, the ring is huge and you’ve gotta run fast with the welsh dragons!

j1ffy

Visit site
I've not been on the thread for a couple of weeks as I've been on hols, and so has Chilli :D I've now got the sailing bug having done my competent crew qualification...I must stop adding more expensive hobbies to the list of things I like doing ;)

Nothing like throwing us in at the deep end - I've entered the yard dressage comp on Sunday and we're doing Prelim 18 despite almost no preparation. I figured that Chilli always wants to canter so we may as well step up from Intro, and Prelim 1 is too boring! So hacking today, school tomorrow then comp on Sunday.

dorsetladette

Visit site
This is a bit of an anti climax after last weekends adventure to Hickstead. We did better than we could ever have expected. Bringing home a rossette from every class and a championship sash.
This weekend OH is giving me a driving lesson in the horsebox and then fitting some new windows in the living. I plan on walking Robin out and then a very gentle potter out on B.

Have fun everyone.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Not too busy this weekend - both horses going out for an arena hire tomorrow afternoon to pop some showjumps (much needed for the older horse after our horrible round at Allerton). Then Sunday is unaffiliated dressage at our yard - 4yo will do 2 prelims again. Hoping that our new bit (a bombers lock up eggbutt) continues to feel like something he is more confident in taking a secure contact with.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm still sick with whatever this never ending illness is. Was in hospital briefly for fluids and I've been tested for Covid several times and O2 all good, so fortunately it's not that. So I'm off games and horse is too since he's still recovering from a kick to the knee. It's been roughly a week but the swelling has subsided and the would looks good, so I'm not in panic mode yet. So an uneventful weekend to be had here.

southerncomfort

Visit site
All plans cancelled here as youngest daughter tested positive for covid yesterday. ☹ Just cold like symptoms at the moment, slightly concerned as she's recently been diagnosed with asthma, but hopefully she'll be fine.

So saddle check and lesson postponed. Weather is pretty awful anyway so probably just as well.

Remarkably, i don't have to isolate according to thevrules so I may hack out on my own on Sunday if the weather is a bit kinder. Other than that I won't be going anywhere or doing anything except housework! ?

We've had a brilliant week though including a long hack with my new neighbour and her wonderful welsh pony. First time Bo has hacked out with an unfamiliar pony. He was very excited for the first 10 minutes. We had a bit of a brakes failure and he even threw in a little excitable buck! Once he settled he was superb though. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is hacking out in company, chatting away and putting the world to rights. ?

southerncomfort

Visit site
I'm still sick with whatever this never ending illness is. Was in hospital briefly for fluids and I've been tested for Covid several times and O2 all good, so fortunately it's not that. So I'm off games and horse is too since he's still recovering from a kick to the knee. It's been roughly a week but the swelling has subsided and the would looks good, so I'm not in panic mode yet. So an uneventful weekend to be had here.

Thats rough CC.

A friend of my parents had something very similar. He had fever and sickness for the best part of a month. They did every test under the sun and never did find out what was wrong with him.

Really hope you're feeling better very soon.