Weekend plans, the sun is out!

Bernster

Visit site
Just checked the forecast and looks like it will be nice Saturday but cloudy on Sunday for my little xc jaunt to Munstead. Doing the titchy xc but we gotta start somewhere hey. Will test out whether we still have a napping issue to deal with. Ended last year with some good runs so I am hoping some of it has stuck!

McFluff

Visit site
Nowt exciting for me. We have a busy April, so taking it easy this weekend. Hoping that the sun stays though - it is quite depressing being stuck inside when it is nice out.

Good luck to everyone who has actual plans and fun things to do.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Stewarding at a local SJ show on Sunday. Only one of 5 shows who were asking for help who got back to me, clearly there are loads of stewards available...

Enviously watching everyone else out riding and competing.

Fiona

Visit site
Stewarding at a local SJ show on Sunday. Only one of 5 shows who were asking for help who got back to me, clearly there are loads of stewards available...

Enviously watching everyone else out riding and competing.

I wish you lived near me, we've a 16.2 mare just crying out for someone to do exciting things this summer while hubby recuperates from him hip replacement......

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
Has anyone seen Wheels on HHO recently btw???

She hasn't posted on the weekend thread for a few months now, I hope nothing is wrong with her horse or her....

Fiona

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Has anyone seen Wheels on HHO recently btw???

She hasn't posted on the weekend thread for a few months now, I hope nothing is wrong with her horse or her....

Fiona

I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago - I miss the reports of her and her connie, and it sounded like they had an exciting year planned. You're fairly close by aren't you?

Weekend plans for me are limited. Little mare was feeling amazeballs and I was planning to do some arena hire this week and then she came in lame from the field a couple of days ago :(. A nick to the hock and swelling around the joint, so she's been mainly in the last couple of days. She was sound when I just walked her around a moment ago (though was only 2/10 lame on a circle when she first did it, so not sure that says much), but will give her a week off just to make sure.

Schooled big idiot this morning though and he felt gorgeous so might randomly take him to arena hire instead :cool:.

Miss Pebbles might get a walk in the forest

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Ive bottled going to a sjing comp this weekend, but have compromised and booked an arena hire on Sunday to go and jump out and about.

I dony even know why I am so nervous. We've competed at 90 in the past, but not actually competed jumping at all since he came back from his injury.

Had a good lesson in the week though and the height I am feeling comfortable at is creeping back up. Horse on the other hand finds it all rather too easy!!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)55557218_10155921678265894_198390097089921024_o.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Taking the mare to some arena hire to jump some fences tomorrow. There is a WH type course set up which I may (or may not) pop round some of, if she's up for it. Given how little she's done, it's all low pressure, small fences, so quite happy to just jump around the show jumps tbh.

Then a weekend of hacking, fitness work and all that.

Fiona

Visit site
I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago - I miss the reports of her and her connie, and it sounded like they had an exciting year planned. You're fairly close by aren't you?

Close in NI terms lol, we go to some of the same venues 😊

I hope everything is alright.

Fiona

alexomahony

Visit site
Sky and his loaner have a jumping lesson on Saturday and Sunday no idea on plans.

My welsh cockled down a big mud rut on with his iffy fetlock out hunting on Sunday so the poor lad is feeling a bit sore atm so he'll have a good few weeks off till he's no longer sore. Luckily it was closing meet so he can have as long off as he needs :) I think that will be the last season I'll get him out due to said fetlock so he will now become even more of a pet and we'll enjoy lots of nice hacks at a steadier pace from now on.

Photo below if of said pony really enjoying his day pre-rut!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend - the weather is going to be lovely... may actually do some poo picking!

55742639_1674067269393725_1914887636795785216_n.jpg

vickie123

Visit site
Sky and his loaner have a jumping lesson on Saturday and Sunday no idea on plans.

My welsh cockled down a big mud rut on with his iffy fetlock out hunting on Sunday so the poor lad is feeling a bit sore atm so he'll have a good few weeks off till he's no longer sore. Luckily it was closing meet so he can have as long off as he needs :) I think that will be the last season I'll get him out due to said fetlock so he will now become even more of a pet and we'll enjoy lots of nice hacks at a steadier pace from now on.

Photo below if of said pony really enjoying his day pre-rut!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend - the weather is going to be lovely... may actually do some poo picking!

View attachment 30789
Sorry to hear about the injury but what a fantastic photo 😀

alexomahony

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the injury but what a fantastic photo 😀

Thanks! I know, he's been on and off with it for many years but it's been very manageable and hasn't caused him any jip for a long long time! He's hunted about 5 times this season and hasn't shown an ounce of lameness so it's a real shame for him to bloody cockle on it and have it flare up again!

scats

Visit site
Still no playing out for us yet until the new gear box is in the wagon, but I’ll make the most of the nice weather at home.
Back to canter work this week for Millie so will probably do a day in the school and then the rest of the weekend will be hacking or fitness work in the back field. She feels absolutely fantastic at the moment. My sprengers arrived too so I rode in those last night, wasn’t quite expecting the weird springy feeling when I mounted! Loved them, though they are quite big and hang longer than my others, so I had to put my stirrups up a hole but now my stirrups feel a bit short so will have to punch a halfway hole in.

Taliesan

Visit site
I'm aiming to get out and try to qualify for Trailblazers 2nd rounds on Saturday. We just missed out last weekend with a refusal at the last (which was totally my fault) so I am aiming to get it right this time!

I'm definitely going to go for the 75cm class but I'm still torn on if I go for the 85cm as well. I've never jumped as high as 85cm before over a whole course - I think the closest I've come is an 80cm fence at the end of one grid. Still, my horse is a fantastic jumper and I know he'll look after me if I do decide to go for it.