****Weekend Plans****

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Sorry - been sooooo busy recently so abandoned the plans post.

We are planning to head down Sarf for family stuff but may get cancelled today (illness in la fam) so potentially an extra free weekend to be filled with sleep, sun, and shopping!

Enjoy!

F514 :)

LadyRascasse

Visit site
No horse plans this week as its Festival of Speed :D :D :D :D :D :D Can't not wait. Though I will admit it cause so much traffic mayhem in the local area.

glamourpuss

Visit site
XC lesson tomorrow, won't be jumping huge because although the course is on a lovely sandy soil, I don't want to risk injury with it being hard.
Sunday we are going to the Household Cavalry show & fair :)

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Great Witch BE 100, super excited as it's my horse's first event in the UK. I'm only spectating as a pro has the reins for this season but it's so nice to be out eventing after 9 months of waiting for him to arrive in the UK!

Twiglet

Visit site
Was meant to be Buzz's debut as a working hunter (I've decided what he actually does do well is look pretty, so I'm going to force him to be a show horse at some point :p) but the ground is too hard, so roped my dad into driving us to Pachesham for the 90cm class. In 30c heat. Oh deep joy.
But look, we now jump 1.10m :D

Last edited:

Kal

Visit site
Saturday - Bedfordshire county show to watch, eat and sunbath :D

Sunday - Bury Farm ODE :D

I may return to work on Monday looking like a burnt beetroot :eek:

blood_magik

Visit site
I'm having a go at some showing tomorrow so I have three horses to bath and primp this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

On Sunday, two of the boys are off to Rowallan for BS - first show away from home :eek: so fingers crossed they behave themselves.
:eek:

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
Well I've got a lesson tomorrow with the Lovely Baydale and in the same group as Dafthoss, I'm hoping my mare wants to jump and we have fun as this may be her last jumping lesson ever (Insert very sad smiley) as she doesnt feel 100% and there is very little that can be done for her that is likely to work and not break the bank. So she will be a happy hacker until she no longers wants to do that!

Then sunday I'm off to watch athletics!

arizonahoney

Visit site
Showing spottybotty on Sunday at GBEC...Saturday primping and preening and wrestling the beast into a lycra hood as late as I possibly can (don't want him to bake).

PolarSkye

Visit site
Was meant to be Buzz's debut as a working hunter (I've decided what he actually does do well is look pretty, so I'm going to force him to be a show horse at some point :p) but the ground is too hard, so roped my dad into driving us to Pachesham for the 90cm class. In 30c heat. Oh deep joy.
But look, we now jump 1.10m :D

See you tomorrow! ;).

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Going to Pachesham - same as Twiglet (and Lanky) . . . plan to do the 70cm and if he's good do the 90 . . . if he's a twonk then he'll do the 80-85.

Was supposed to be going to Wheatlands to do an unaffiliated ODE, but the ground is too hard.

May also go to Farnham on Sunday to do some more jumping - depending on how he goes/how hot and tired he gets tomorrow.

I'm loving the beautiful weather, but the crispy grass, horrific flies and rock hard ground is doing my head in now . . . how on earth are we supposed to event?

P

Twiglet

Visit site
Agreed...I've decided that it would be really nice if it rained lightly Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm and was beautifully sunny and breezy the rest of the time. Who do I talk to to arrange that?

monte1

Visit site
Polarskye We had also thought about Wheatlands ODE as confidence builder after our Mattingley mishaps :) (actually went XC schooling there a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice, BE style fences at 90cm max and a neat water to try- ponio was super and jumped everything -just goes to show was the numpty rider not the horse !! ) anyhow didnt enter as worried about the hard ground, so no plans except hacking VERY early tomorrow morning and then on Sunday morning I have a lesson with a fab dressage rider Alton way and cannot wait..soo excited!!!! good luck to all those out competing and stay cool !

dafthoss

Visit site
PC this evening.

Show jumping lesson with Baydale and HAC on Saturday, fully expecting him to have a full melt down as he has the previous two times at that venue.

Sunday we are off to watch some polo, had an event pencilled in but need to sort his head out first so having a nice day out instead.

BeckyD

Visit site
Sunday - Bury Farm ODE :D

Good luck! :D

Saturday - was going to go and do some BS but can't be bothered in the heat so will probably potter about in the garden instead. Then, meal out with mad horsey people to talk about horses non stop :D (or not, else my OH will get bored and leave without me :p)

Sunday - Baydale lesson :D The cleaning my trailer, photo'ing it and getting it advertised for sale! Need the ££. Gutted at selling it though :(

trendybraincell

Visit site
I shouldn't really have plans as I SHOULD be working all weekend, but I've managed to get sunday off for a wee outing :)

I had planned to have a bash at an easy medium at the end of the month (first medium), this plan was altered slightly and I've ended up doing one this weekend, and 75 of all the ones to try first :O But I decided you only live once and since I have no plans to part with the little donkey it matters little if theres a big blip for our first medium :D I'm just going to enjoy the experience

Boysy

Visit site
Joining in as we do actually compete most weekends albeit low level. Daughter has PC champ dressage tomorrow, luckily earlier on so can get back before it hits 30c, Sunday if i can persuade her to get up early enough off to do a bit of jumping on a surface.