Weekend plans

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Finally getting started, UA ODE at Solihull after being unable to do the rescheduled ALW.
I'm in the same section as Loopiesteff and Piggy French. LS and I have discussed the placings, we are going to come joint first on our Dressage scores and Piggy is going to be 'an also ran' :biggrin3:

In reality PF will finish on a Dressage score that's half as much as my SJ score :wink3:

So what is everyone else up to ?

miss_c

Visit site
RC Dressage including the RWHS RC Qualifer for the finals that are not actually being held at RWHS.

The Pondy is doing Restricted Prelim (P4) and the Qualifier (P12). Genie is doing the Qualifier (P12) and we are having a play at her first ever Elementary (E42)... Will be interesting!!!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
*looks out window* I'm meant to be doing Burgham BE90 on sunday, but its been peeing it down for the last 2 days so not so sure now!

arizonahoney

Visit site
Start riding side saddle in earnest again...first show of the season is just over two weeks away. And first ODE is about 3 weeks, so also some work to be put in astride as well.

loopiesteff

Visit site
Finally getting started, UA ODE at Solihull after being unable to do the rescheduled ALW.
I'm in the same section as Loopiesteff and Piggy French. LS and I have discussed the placings, we are going to come joint first on our Dressage scores and Piggy is going to be 'an also ran' :biggrin3:

In reality PF will finish on a Dressage score that's half as much as my SJ score :wink3:

So what is everyone else up to ?

Haha you beat me to it!

So yes, as Carefreegirl said - Sunday I'm off to Solihull, Saturday will be spent getting ready, then working in the evening!

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Good luck to all those eventing :)

I should clean the lorry but for once I think the house has to come first so that is Saturday tied up then!

Sunday, we are going to a friends instructors yard as he is running a "clear round with instruction" sessions. He is a show jumper so it will be interesting to see how they get on training with him rather than an eventer which they have always done in the past.

Lolo

Visit site
Tango is going to play XC ponies today, with the ever tolerant Reggie playing nanny to both him and mum :D He is such a star of a horse. Hopefully Tango will remember how much he enjoyed XC last time he went and Reggie won't need to sigh deeply and roll his eyes every 10 seconds!

Then as a reward Smokes and Reg get to go and play at proper XC at Isleham, in the 90cm. Smokes is proving to be a proper XC machine so hopefully that trend will continue!

bounce

Visit site
I'm off to a ODE with Ru and am rather nervously excited as we haven't been out competing in a year. I'm not worried about a placing, I just want to complete the day in one piece. Given that my youngster smacked me in the face this time last week and I had to have a visit to A&E to sort out my dislocated jaw I'm slightly more nervous than usual.

Good luck to everyone out there competing.

Arniebear

Visit site
Its Loan pony's first competition on sunday!! :D Nothing to spectacular just the 80cm at Isleham as, as far as im aware he has never done a XC event before! He was quite fab xc schooling last weekend thou!! :D I am keeping sunday quiet from his owners thou... not sure i fancy an audience on my first competition of the season! If all goes to plan i'll let them know when his next ones are! Apparently they are dying to groom for me! But for sunday i've managed to rope a friend in who is currently lying through her teeth to his owners with regards to what he is up to!!!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
A first for me.
Off to Keysoe for BD (P17 & P19). If thats not bad enough I have been riding the horse for just 2.5 weeks and I'm riding him for someone else. Keeping 17.2hh of youngster within the boards should be fun. His canter is a little huge!
New jacket has arrived as my SJ jacket did not meet the rules. Saturday have to buy new hat and white shirt as again SJ ones dont meet the dress standard. Expensive this stressage lark.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Finally can say something after nearly 4months out doing things again this weekend! As usual not taking things easy! Have an affiliated dressage test tomorrow and then on Sunday going to Bicton to do a BS class and have a XC school!

comet!

Visit site
I'm off to Patchetts for BD on Sunday to do N27 and N37. Only reaslied on the train to work this morning that the test I know (or thought) as N27 is actually N28 and I've never done 27 before or even looked at it!

mrsh2010

Visit site
Good luck everyone!! I'm off for my first ever Dressage to Music lesson!! Of which I'm overly excited about!

I also discovered this morning that because I've qualified for the Chiltern & Thames Rider Dressage championship I can also enter there DTM class, so 4 weeks - no pressure to get a floor plan and music sorted!!

I*HM

Visit site
Was going to go to the yard this afternoon but am feeling a bit sorry for myself so shall have a mini career related crisis and lazy day instead. Out to the yard tomorrow to ride whatever needs ridden and polocrosse on Sunday, bruised knuckles have just about healed from last week's chukka but think I have been bitten by the polo crosse bug!

monte1

Visit site
Good Luck to everyone who is competing weather for the most part, is supposed to be good !!!

In my wisdom, I have entered the Tweseldown UA ODE on 12th April and so will be this weekend getting into Eventing mode.. planning a decent few blasts while out hacking to check our fitness is up to scratch also some dressage test practice and hopefully pop over some showjumps in preparation...eeekk .........oh and dinner with friends Saturday night..

dianchi

Visit site
I'm off to Patchetts for BD on Sunday to do N27 and N37. Only reaslied on the train to work this morning that the test I know (or thought) as N27 is actually N28 and I've never done 27 before or even looked at it!

Novice 27 is lovely and perfectly symmetrical- you will be fine!

Im off to a DR lesson on sat, show off my pretty test sheets to my trainer :D

Sunday- would seem I need to go SJ as im combined training next week and haven't jumped in a month......................

gillianfleming

Visit site
I am working saturday but off Sunday and i'm hopefully taking my camera to a local cross country ride that a friend is doing.

I'm due to start my new job as a competition groom at the begining of the week so we've got a summer of events to go to. First trip is down to Boyd Excells next weekend.

Lolo

Visit site
Its Loan pony's first competition on sunday!! :D Nothing to spectacular just the 80cm at Isleham as, as far as im aware he has never done a XC event before! He was quite fab xc schooling last weekend thou!! :D I am keeping sunday quiet from his owners thou... not sure i fancy an audience on my first competition of the season! If all goes to plan i'll let them know when his next ones are! Apparently they are dying to groom for me! But for sunday i've managed to rope a friend in who is currently lying through her teeth to his owners with regards to what he is up to!!!

Good luck, that's where Team Reggie is headed too!

Arniebear

Visit site
Good luck, that's where Team Reggie is headed too!

Good luck to team reggie too!! My mums on the start gate, time keeping your class so i'll probably head back up and watch, home is 2 mins away so will take ponies home first!! :D

PolarSkye

Visit site
I missed this so started my own . . . :(.

So . . . we're off to Wellington to Prelim 15 on Sunday . . . fingers and toes tightly crossed that we don't have a repeat of East Soley . . . especially as our wonderful dressage trainer is coming with us . . . really could do without the added embarassement factor!

P

Busybusybusy

www.racehorsetoridinghorse.blogspot.co.uk
Paddy & I are off to our first dressage competition since he went lame in November 2012. Doing 2 walk trot tests and his first ever prelim. He's been off work for 15 months, had his shoes off & been for barefoot rehab, and also had an op for kissing spine where 4 processes were removed, so this will be quite a monumental occasion for us as there have been times when I thought I would never be able to ride him again!

It will be quite interesting as I am running the competition as well as riding in it.....ho hum!!!

Last edited:

Javabb94

Visit site
Hopefully lots of hacking as forecast dry warm and sunny for once :)

I have Eden Valley BE next weekend so a quiet one this weekend for once.

anna22

Visit site
I don't have any plans… been off so managed some xc schooling and hacking this week. Will probably school and hack and try and get on top of this *************ing ridiculous mud fever that will not clear! Poor grey man has a thick leg with it. And is not best impressed with me picking at the scabs whilst he's eating his dinner!