Weekend Plans

DirectorFury

Visit site
A very late weekend plans thread this week! :)

We're hacking Sat and Sun. I was meant to be doing some arena eventing on Sunday but the Disco picked up a nail on the way back from the RC grid-work lesson yesterday so has a bad paw and is out of action (again).

On the plus side, the grid-work lesson was really good and M made a lot of progress in the 1.5 hours. She went from feeling like she was about to explode to standing quietly on a long rein while others jumped :). And the last run through of the grid was perfect with no trying to run off before or after!

If the Disco is repaired in time we'll be going to school over the arena eventing course on Tuesday.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Hope you get the disco fixed in time!!

Went SJ tonight and had a lovely double clear on Daisy however the fact I am now calving meant I didn't have time to walk the course and pilot error resulted in crossing our tracks and 4 faults grrr.

Friend (possibly slightly insane!) hacked Peaches out with me the other today as her horse (also a D hence she finds P completely normal and fun :D) is out of action. This has led to her coming to a SJ lesson with D and I on Monday and a XC clinic the following weekend. We are hacking out first thing tomorrow before I spend entire day shifting cattle which I've been doing all week too. T. I. R. E. D.

Good luck all this weekend.

star

Visit site
Working tomorrow. Meant to be doing PC 100cm ODE at Tweseldown on Sunday but thanks to yet another deluge of rain today it' looking doubtful it will go ahead. If not might go to Felbridge for BSJA or maybe just a long hack. Getting seriously fed up of this weather :( Badminton is in 2.5wks and not had a run yet!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Nichts here. There's damn all going on, and the weather's set to be foul again tomorrow. Such fun!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
My weekend is much like last weekend: mucking out and changing dressings for both horse and my mum! G's wound is looking good, although it did look like I might be getting some proud flesh so am going to have another look today.

DF boo to the Disco, hope it gets repaired for Tuesday.
FW glad you've got a friend to help out, and bet you're cross about the rider error.
Star it's been a terrible start to the season :mad3: My friend got a pre-Badminton run at Larkhill last week but that looks like it now.
JFTD that's a nice positive post from you :p :lol:

LiffWee93

Visit site
We had a final touch up lesson ready for the Wellington unaff champs at novice on Sunday, was going to go to the local gallops today to stretch her out, but they are flooded :( off round the roads for a quiet bumble instead xx

Bernster

Visit site
Ack this weather.

I was looking forward to a preparatory xc lesson at Milton Keynes on Thursday, having been on holiday for a week. Then I managed to knacker my back in the day before we came back and had to cancel. It had been due to rain but ofc it was actually a nice day.

I'm entered for a hunter trial on Sunday and it's supposed to be ok weather, and it's on sand so apparently will def go ahead. Going to hack out today and see if the back copes, as am determined to do it, even if that means being loaded up with nurofen and a gel patch.

Horse hasn't had the luxury of a break though, he's been on exercise livery and my instructor has been schooling him whilst I've been away.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Feeling slightly guilty, not for the caramel chocolate biscuit in eating for brekkie :D, but it's blue skies and sunshine here! Really feel for all you eventers :(.

Attempts at slowing down baby horse today in prep for our test and teach tomorrow :eek:, it will be the first time my instructor has seen us in action and I'm not sure how it will go...

Hacking Doodle and may jump Topaz at some point, quiet one for us really again.

HayleyUK

Visit site
Today - quick whizz round the school and maybe take the OAP for a potter up the lane.
Tomorrow - heading out to do 2x prelims - feels awesome to be able to say that this year after all her problems and ailments!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm up for a tiddlywinks championship. No events cancelled for me, but I can't ride when it's like this as no surface and hacking is all on road (and it's dodgy enough in good visibility!).

nikicb

www.facebook.com

blood_magik

Visit site
A friend and I are showing tomorrow so today was spent cleaning tack, walking out, having a last minute practice trotting up in hand and then bathing.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Took my youngster for a wee play in a local yard's lovely new arena with jumps that he had not seen before then had a lovely hack round their XC fields. We even managed to stay dry - some rare sunshine whilst we rode then as soon as we loaded them to go home the snow and hail hit! Usually it is the other way around here!

Have entered a clear round class tomorrow at our local RC - will be the first time we've done a proper SJ course so hoping he will be as good as he was today!

Nice through the ears photo to cheer folks up who are not getting out and about.

Last edited:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Ode was cancelled, really needed the practice. Managed to get a jumping lesson instead which was fantastic, she knows how to give me confidence, I've never jumped a course of more than 85cm, but some how managed a metre. Really pleased.
Going to get the horses sorted early tomorrow then try and do something none horsey- clothes shopping. I haven't ventured in to town for 6 months and desperately need some, may be traumatic.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Rather you than me Vg, I don't do clothes shopping! Well done on the metre course, very impressive.

Lovely pic Jnhuk, I can feel the wind in my face, I hope you had a good canter through that field. Have fun tomorrow.

Nicnac

Visit site
Lovely hack today with daughter and both boys. Tomorrow daughter taking my horse for a XC schooling clinic. Only 3rd XC session this year as everything's been cancelled/closed. Fingers crossed for Chilham!

atropa

Visit site
Went to our first ever arena event today and came 3rd so very pleased!
Tomorrow heading out to do intro/prelim dressage - busy weekend for us this week and can't wait to give us both a few days off next week.

star

Visit site
Ended up at Frensham sponsored ride in the end after Tweseldown getting cancelled. Had a blast! Arms are now a foot longer. The orange one had a great time!

monte1

Visit site
:) sounds like a lot of fun ! our PC were organising the ODE at Tweseldown, all are so gutted it was cancelled, this year is turning into a disaster for eventing !

good luck for Badminton,though, sure you will have a fab time!

Bernster

Visit site
Weather and ground were good for my planned hunter trial, horse was up for it and ready. Rider is lame :-( Did my back in on holiday so no riding for the rest of this week I reckon, so I missed the HT. I am really hoping it gets better soon as have horse holiday booked at the end of this month. Boooooooo.

LiffWee93

Visit site
Lola was an absolute star at the champs! Just out of the placings (7th), but in serious company and the smallest by at least 3 hands, i honestly couldn't care, she tried her heart out :) report to follow when I have bought online sharing options of photos when they are available!

LeannePip

Visit site
Lola was an absolute star at the champs! Just out of the placings (7th), but in serious company and the smallest by at least 3 hands, i honestly couldn't care, she tried her heart out :) report to follow when I have bought online sharing options of photos when they are available!

Saw your pictures, Lola looked awesome!

We had a pretty busy weekend! i advertised my old horse Pip for Loan on friday and was absolutely inundated so i've been fielding calls left right and centre and trying to reply to everyone! She doesn't come back from loan until 1st May and i already have viewings booked in everyday for the first week, despite me telling everyone that she'll be a bit raw as she's just been hacking for the last year. Will be sad if she goes, she's given me so much over the last 7 years but its time someone else enjoys her as much as i have.

Ruby has also been busy, we went clear round showjumping for the first time on Saturday, she was almost foot perfect in the warm up despite it being full of kids whizzing round and cutting everyone up! At first we put all the clear round fences down to little crosses and just trotted round as this is the first time she has show jumped in show venue away from home. no problem so we put them back up to about 75cm and she was super keen an flew round! Was mega pleased with her, still have a lot of work todo as we switch between bounding round at speed to cantering on the spot, she's trying so hard to do what i am asking, it just goes one way or the other atm!

Sunday we went for a local fun ride with some jumps. She was brilliant, a bit strong and i did have a couple of break failures but on the whole i was super pleased with her. in the beginning she wasn't too confident about jumping fences first with mum and her friend behind us, but by the end she was leading down all the lines of fences and jumped really well when I remembered to ride her forward and not hook her back! photo has been purchased for social media use by kind permission of Sharon Thayer Photography

DSC_2475%20low%20res_zpsi1emw8n2.jpg

Mike007

Visit site
I might just get to take my horse for a decent hack. The last three wreaks have been rolling and ferti spreading.