Weekend Plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
Good luck to all out and about this weekend.

It's finally the weekend of my raffle for Hannah's Willberry Wonder Pony at Lands eventing's super arena eventing. My dream of raising £500 for an incredibly inspiring young lady has been smashed and I'm almost at £4k now - still cannot believe it!

After last weekend's antics, my lad is having a weekend off, hopefully to sort himself out :(

LeannePip

Visit site
That's amazing MrsH! Well done for supporting such a good cause!

This weekend is clipping Saturday and Novice dressage debut Sunday :) also supporting some of the yard with their various dressage endeavors on Saturday - hopefully the weather holds out!

ihatework

Visit site
Great fundraising effort!

Nothing much exciting here, the 5yo is at Monmouth but otherwise just hacking a couple and blitzing the garden .... Dull!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Weather has upended my weekend plans.
Was supposed to be taking new fuzzy out to meet up with old friend for a hack round an old UK chaser course this morning - roads awash here & local flooding (plus its still raining here) so plans abandoned and will just do a home hack later if/when it stops hammering down.

Now taking FLF back to her home for good tomorrow (was going to yesterday).

Sunday, if I can find a spare body to ride shotgun in the box, I might take new fuzzy out to a little local show for a clear round hop.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just had the most lovely crisp autumn morning hack with Millie & Kira ponying along :)

Little school for M tomorrow, she's starting to loosen up after 5 mins in the school so vet says to press on for a month and see what we have.

Sunday, Kira has 2 Elementaries at the Indoor Venue Of Doom where I retired in one test a few weeks ago. She did a good arena hire trip there 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping she'll have her brave pants on and get the last point we need for Winters :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Walk hacking both days for me :). I suspect we'll stick to the common as the bridlepaths and woods around the beach are still really busy on the weekends.
I'm just glad to be back on board and will never moan about doing the boring fitting work again!

Michen

Visit site
Well done re the fund raising that's incredible. You must be very proud. Off to West Wilts eventing on Sunday for our second crack at 90!

Charlie007

Visit site
Well done on the fundraising! Wow!

Saturday schooling, Sunday polework then a friend and I are going to check out a possible new dressage venue for us. Nowt exciting!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Very well done on the fundraising. She continues to be an inspiration to so many.

I am taking 7yr old daughter to her first workers competition on her 5yr old pony. Should be fun (eep!).

monte1

Visit site
very well done on the fund raising :) hope it goes well!

Well we will be mostly cleaning tack and hacking tomorrow, then I have the lovely task of digging out old bedding and getting my stable tidied in readiness for winter.
Sunday, a little ODE at a local yard, with the aim to use each element as a schooling exercise and improve :)
as long as it is isn't rained off that is !

good luck to all those out competing !

Fiona

Visit site
Enjoy competing everyone and we'll done for the brilliant fundraising OP...

We are off to a farm ride on Sunday, but my mare is off :( so it will be hubby and our 5yo on his pony

Fiona

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Enjoy competing everyone and we'll done for the brilliant fundraising OP...

We are off to a farm ride on Sunday, but my mare is off :( so it will be hubby and our 5yo on his pony

Fiona

Fiona would you take a photo of " hubby and our 5yo on his pony " How will they fit? ( Sorry )

Enjoy competing / riding everyone and well done for the brilliant fundraising OP

I've just had a great SJ lesson this evening and on Sunday I'll do a local charity fun ride.

Bernster

Visit site
Well done mrsh.

Horse and I are all tucked in at Hickstead ready for our first class tomorrow. Well, he's there, I'm cheating and living it up at the premier inn! Lots of horse folk here though so I'm clearly not the only one not keen on camping. Late afternoon class so plenty of time to spruce up,the beast.

Hope the rain hasn't ruined too many peoples plans.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I'm working all weekend, but I've had two lovely rides on my 4 year old this week who has begun to learn to soften his neck, rather than sticking it bolt upright like a giraffe and bouncing.

He looks phenomenonal when he gets it!!!

MissTyc

Visit site
Amazing fund raising, that is brilliant! You must be chuffed :)

Clipping and then sunshine tour eventer's challenge for me. Only half looking forward to it as apparently the organisation and parking is total chaos. But as we only live 20 mins down the road I decided to check it out this year

Bernster

Visit site
Amazing fund raising, that is brilliant! You must be chuffed :)

Clipping and then sunshine tour eventer's challenge for me. Only half looking forward to it as apparently the organisation and parking is total chaos. But as we only live 20 mins down the road I decided to check it out this year

I'm there too. Organisation totally fine so far, hope you have a good day. No sunshine though, what's that all about?!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Brilliant pony day. Took two youngsters to a WH show, daughter did X poles and 50cms on her 5yr old Welsh A I bought for her as a yearling, and had a double clear and rode very nicely. Lots of hard work is paying off. First competition for this pony and she was bril throughout. She has a massive pop in her so we are excited about what she will do next year.

B9143203-C894-485E-94A0-F0271EEE731F_zpstj422mr7.png

E5A06C5F-3E09-4B3D-B3E6-F8A888216F6F_zpsjmo3fekc.png

81B6CE40-4EB4-47F0-AE88-79E691FE368C_zpszxq2qd7b.jpg

D7261752-2D77-4278-8FA1-3C00562825D5_zpsfb0pluuo.jpeg

From another day.

Then we got our little Dartmoor project out. We've had him about 3 weeks now, pretty much unhandled and uncatchable when he arrived and now he is a complete and utter poppet. Rode him around the show then had a little ride in the warm up while it was empty. He was utterly perfect. He has a winter of PC and hacking to cement his education before being sold but I love him so much he's just such a dude.

F1986887-0D63-4B21-BE53-9BAF34409192_zpswufkkl4n.jpg

Then we went home and hacked out our other two. Living the dream!

4DE7315B-DFF0-4A74-B9E7-DA563ADE7A04_zps6x0jkndh.jpg

DEA98B24-90AB-4C04-8F68-F64BB3D22895_zpsotfgxwz2.jpg

12A68AB5-1B5A-4337-B4E7-68C8CC79C714_zps0rmu4sm6.jpg

LeannePip

Visit site
We had a great day at the local dressage trophy show today. I boldly entered our first novice since we now have some difference in our trots, unfortunately it was novice 24 which was quite testing for a newbie! But we powered on!

The prelim was good the actual work was nice but we through some marks away with some very dodgy downward transitions, but she was very rideable and happy, was pleased with 69.61% in the open section and 3rd. quick break before novice, we've worked super hard lately on trot-canter transitions as they tend to be a little hair raising but something is beginning to click, so unfortunately every time ask for medium trot we get canter so i've spent the last week trying to differentiate between the two! all the run throughs at home have resulted in a break to canter in the second MT, so i wasn't too hopeful! She warmed up well and after a quick canter we stayed in trot adjusting the size and temp and trying to find the medium trot button, which was much easier to find by the end! Test was ok i think, not her best work by far, she felt flat in the trot and a bit gung-ho in the canter but everything happened there or there abouts, i thought 63% and i'd be happy. Very shocked to see 66.5% left us in 4th for the restricted. Test sheet was a bit disappointing judge didn't really have anything nice to say, but i find she's quite a tough judge so not too displeased!

Just waiting for the social media pics to arrive from the pro'tog!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Wow mrsh, that's brilliant :D

Kira was good enough on Sunday - she was having one of her funny days so was decidedly awkward but we survived the Indoor Arena Of Doom without too many whoopsies, even managed a red frilly for the second test and got her last points needed for winter regionals.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
We hit £5k!! 149 prizes in total plus a tombola

That's fantastic!

We came second in both tests. First test we got 69.63% despite me getting lost and losing two marks, and messing up both canters. First half of the sheet was all 7.5s and 8s, then it went a bit downhill... :-0 Second test was 72.5% and was the nicest test he's done. He can tend to get quite tense and on edge, which ends up with him completely blocking his neck and refusing to let me use my leg (either ignores it or shoots off being silly), so I was over the moon to get a really lovely soft, obedient and relaxed test where he listened throughout. Now at the stage where I feel like I need to start injecting a bit of "sparkle" as he's learned to relax. Marks for our W&T (esp FWOL) were all good but let down a bit by the canter which felt a bit flat and judge said needed more jump.