Weekend Plans

Bernster

Visit site
Quiet one as we had a busy weekend last week. Hacking Saturday, not sure if I'll ride Sunday as might need some time with the other half as have been doing too much horse stuff lately!

CrazyMare

Visit site
I'm going to a hunter trial.

Made a booboo, its not where I thought, its completely the opposite direction. I also need to write up my MSc dissertation proposal and feel utterly panicked by that so will get as much done then switch my brain off for a few hours on Sunday!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
quiet one for me as well, OH has a shooting champs comp so will be tootling along to support, and then the evening do after that. Had work do (at the circus, brilliant!) last night so already feeling quite pooped and glad not to have any horsey commitments beyond teaching tonight.

Area festivals for us next weekend so gearing up for that next week :) Good luck everyone who is out and about :D

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Another DR this weekend, our first "proper" BD eeek, so wondering how much harsher the judging will be compared to MyQuest and UA under BD judges..! Both long arena tests. I think I've managed to learn one but a friend is coming along to read the second thankfully.

Out on Saturday night to a friend's for a party, then just hacking on Sunday as horse will need a break.

LeannePip

Visit site
Lesson tomorrow AM, need to work on riding a course of showjumps forward and not defaulting to my hold and wait strategy which doesn't help anyone!

ODE at Munstead Sunday, first step up to 90 for the horse so hoping it goes well - nice times too dressage isn't till 12.36 so no need to be getting up at 3am as has been necessary for the last few!

Good luck, to all venuturing out this weekend :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Tomorrow taking new Fuzzy out in the box for a shared jumping lesson (on the only saddle that fits, a show saddle, see other thread about Ice and padding!).

Sunday early hack and then saddle fitting session.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Good luck and have fun everyone :)

My weekend plans are on hold for a few months as horse is lame and needs surgery, they suspect partial tears in the DDFT on both hinds.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Yes afraid so FW, I thought it was going to be a case of wear & tear and medicate the joints but turns out it's more serious than that, but they can't really tell until they poke around with a camera. Still, it explains why he's not been going forward off my leg and been a sticky jumper all year, when I've just been blaming my crap riding. It's a 70-80% chance of full recovery so hopefully he will be fine and at least it's the winter.

oldie48

Visit site
Visiting my younger daughter tomorrow with OH, really looking forward to seeing her with her lovely boyfriend and Gorgeous George the Vizla. Eating out so no cooking to do, bliss! Taking Mr B to a test ride on Sunday, Nov 37 and I'm dreading the rein back as he's been a little bit naughty in halt lately! Have a lovely weekend everyone!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Yes afraid so FW, I thought it was going to be a case of wear & tear and medicate the joints but turns out it's more serious than that, but they can't really tell until they poke around with a camera. Still, it explains why he's not been going forward off my leg and been a sticky jumper all year, when I've just been blaming my crap riding. It's a 70-80% chance of full recovery so hopefully he will be fine and at least it's the winter.

What a shame!. Fingers crossed for a full and smooth recovery.

Llee94

Visit site
I have a very different weekend to the one initially planned. Had to withdraw my mare from Bricky and end her season early yet again :(
On the plus side I had my first hack in 5 weeks on my youngster today so I am over the moon!

nato

Visit site
Me and horsey are back after 2.5 weeks holidays - I'm ITCHING to get back in the saddle! Lunging this weekend and a bath/groom and then into full work next week.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Had a fantastic round on Daisy at the HT. She was bril. It was only 65cms but some of the fences looked bigger than that to me and the ground was very wet (my nemesis!). She stormed round it all jumping everything perfectly.

I had to laugh as I caught up to the horse in front refusing to cross the water. There was a steward there shouting instructions who lined her horse up to follow us through and tried to get me to ride through a tiny gap between her horse and another jump. No way was I putting my horse through that gap not least because mine hates other horses so she bawled at me to go round the jump the other way in that case.

As we approached the water she said to the girl to follow me through but that my horse wouldn't be fast enough to stay in front of her!

Well ha, she was still stuck at the water when we romped home :D Slow and steady wins the race eh! Hee hee.