Weekend plans

FfionWinnie

Visit site
SJ lesson Fri night, hacking sat, our first one with no shoes as they are coming off today! And power x training on Sun which is knock down fences on a surfaced track. In the 75/80 class apparently eep!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Kira had a lesson yesterday so it's a quiet weekend at home for my girls, bit of schooling and teaching for me and plotting our 2nd bash at bd mediums next weekend :eek:

Good luck to all who are out and about :)

LeannePip

Visit site
I have RC Team Qualifiers tomorrow, unfortunately ended up having to do Nov 30 (rather than 34 as originally planned) as no one else would do it, so quite a question for only our 3rd Novice! Shes been schooling really well and we've had a couple of good lessons the last fortnight so will just have to see how it goes!

Was supposed to be FJ'ing at T'down on Sunday for their Eventers Challenge but its been cancelled so planning a lie in and a good walk for the dogs!

Good luck to everyone else!

Bernster

Visit site
Horse Shopping... for me!

Always exciting, and frustrating! What are you looking for?

I'm feeling fed up with the weather and ground, as it keeps spoiling my plans. Was going to go xc tmrw but decided to jump at home instead as it's miserable. Then taking a friend to Keysoe combined training on Sunday, so will be fun to spectate.

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Good luck to all getting out and about - I'm getting frustrated at the lack of activity at the moment but lack of light in the week and weather conditions keep putting paid to any plans made :(

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Always exciting, and frustrating! What are you looking for?

I'm feeling fed up with the weather and ground, as it keeps spoiling my plans. Was going to go xc tmrw but decided to jump at home instead as it's miserable. Then taking a friend to Keysoe combined training on Sunday, so will be fun to spectate.

Something to have fun on! It's my first time buying after years of loaning / riding for other people.

Just looking for something sane and sensible, that is game to do a bit of everything - SJ, DR, RC, HT and something to hold my hand through my first BE attempts. Either Irish bred or a WB type.

Only just started looking, had a quick viewing of a potential mare last weekend and really liked her, so going back to try her again and then another couple elsewhere just for comparison...

LeannePip

Visit site
Well tomorrow morning I'm heading off back to Wales to collect my new horse! More info and photos to follow once he's home :)

Oooh can't wait to see the new addition JB!

I'd like to report I now feel like a dressage diva and have got the best horse in the world ever. Full stop. :D

https://www.facebook.com/SJ2Eventer/videos/374513672907567/

Very fancy FW! Looks like the wobble berry training is going well!

Well we went to the RC Areas yesterday, Ruby was amazing (in my eyes) and although we wrong legged after the simple change through trot, and i was late with the second G&R the judge really didn't like us! lots of comments like hollow/ tense/ in consistent - comments that have never appeared on a test sheet before, and the complete opposite of what i felt and people watching said! But never mind! I know our training is going in the right direction, regardless!

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-29%20at%2011.49.56%20AM_zpsfgmhfh0p.png

Bernster

Visit site
Shame about the comments LP , but she looks super �� :)

Yes, quite. I dabbled in 3 dressage outings in Dec last year, unaff at 2 different venues. Felt pretty consistent in all tests, scores ranged from 60-75% (that range was on the same day but different judges). This stressage business perplexes me. Have huffed off and am doing sj and xc practice instead :)

milliepops

Visit site
oh don't huff off permanently Bernster, you'll need to come back and practice your dressage as a wobbleberry! :wink3:

I know people say it all the time but I do find there are fewer of these funny judging days when you affiliate ;) I'm generally in agreement with the comments I get from BD judges even on a marmite kind of horse :)

Bernster

Visit site
oh don't huff off permanently Bernster, you'll need to come back and practice your dressage as a wobbleberry! :wink3:

I know people say it all the time but I do find there are fewer of these funny judging days when you affiliate ;) I'm generally in agreement with the comments I get from BD judges even on a marmite kind of horse :)

Hehe, yes only a temporary huff whilst I shake my head and ponder the vagaries of dressage scoring. But I figure that we can just about ponce around in a circle and do an ok test (I know, sacrilege eh) so that doesn't scare me as much as the jumping does right now! But I will return, and freak myself out again, soon enough - my biggest challenge is remembering the test, and no callers allowed in BE. What is the world coming to ��

milliepops

Visit site
Hehe, yes only a temporary huff whilst I shake my head and ponder the vagaries of dressage scoring. But I figure that we can just about ponce around in a circle and do an ok test (I know, sacrilege eh) so that doesn't scare me as much as the jumping does right now! But I will return, and freak myself out again, soon enough - my biggest challenge is remembering the test, and no callers allowed in BE. What is the world coming to ��

hahaha having come to dressage FROM eventing, it seemed like standards were slipping when you could suddenly use whips and have the test read to you :lol: I used to be quite content with wanging around the floorplan in a kind of outline as too stressed about the SJ to do much more :p

Enjoy your jumping :D