Weekend Plans?

LeannePip

Visit site
Its friday and there is no thread so i'll start it off!

Not much going on tomorrow, bit of work in the morning and then lunch with and old friend who's horse i rode for years as a teenager, so will be nice to catch up! Then back to yard to ride/ wash/ pack lorry

Dressage Sunday; entered 2 novices, thinking they'd be running back to back, so being smart, i asked for a late time in the first, and an early time in the second. Only to get my times and find they were running in adjacent arenas! So now i have Nov38 as a warm up for Nov24! :D

not only that, in my usual unorganized state, I didn't read through the tests before entering -bad mistake! Nov38 definitely isn't one of the exceptions of Low number=Easy High Number=Hard!

Ahh well!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Good luck for the dressage and I'm sure you'll do fine in N38 (she says having no idea what happens in that test ;)).

We are finally back out to a competition on Sunday too, we last competed in November and she was a bit naughty :eek:, will have to see if she remembers how to dressage :lol:. Regional run through of E59 and then a stab at the Petplan test M69, had a good lesson on Tuesday so hoping she will continue to behave.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Best laid plans & all that, LP :D

Quiet one for us, teaching & riding, and my girls are due a hack tomorrow.. Kira back to changes boot camp on Sunday as we're now addressing the issue of "waiting" and convincing her that she needs to let me set her up a bit :eek: Building on our lesson from Tuesday, had a good start this morning :)

milliepops

Visit site
it's E59 and M69-itis round here Alex, what about you? I guess it's normal at this time of year but seems that EVERY venue is running them. We have had 2 shows in the last month with those 2, and got another next Friday :D

Good luck everyone :)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Yep handy for me to be honest with winter's and the finals coming up :lol:, can imagine it's a bit dull for others! Though I still wish they'd use E57 not 59 for the regional test, we do not like the PIG line, half-pass to FC anyone? No just me? Plus the canter-trot-canter, blerggggg *grumps*. Give me SC's on a serpentine any day!

Bernster

Visit site
Not sure we really count as full on competitors, Maybe one day...!

Afternoon off so I'm planning on taking F for a run round the big field as part of our fledgling attempts to improve our fitness. It takes 45 mins to walk round and has some hills and dips, so I'll test how far we can get in canter before one of us conks out! Although the weather is looking miserable, the ground may be too wet, and I'm coming down with a cold. How do you all do it?!

Sharer has him tomorrow for another hack, then I'm hopefully off to our first clear round comp for a while, last went there about a year ago. Oop. It's hard fitting everything in!!

milliepops

Visit site
Yep handy for me to be honest with winter's and the finals coming up :lol:, can imagine it's a bit dull for others! Though I still wish they'd use E57 not 59 for the regional test, we do not like the PIG line, half-pass to FC anyone? No just me? Plus the canter-trot-canter, blerggggg *grumps*. Give me SC's on a serpentine any day!

haha! Whereas for K, 59 works really well! I like M69 as well, seemed to ride it for about 18 months straight on Millie so I have no "oh my god where am I supposed to be going" moments ;)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
haha! Whereas for K, 59 works really well! I like M69 as well, seemed to ride it for about 18 months straight on Millie so I have no "oh my god where am I supposed to be going" moments ;)

:lol: We had that with E53 but I still insisted in putting random 10m circles in :eek::lol:. I think we like M69, that isn't the one with a half 20m circle in CC is it?

*think maybe I need to go learn my tests* :eek:

mrsh2010

Visit site
Moving the horses!! ARGH!! After 8 and a half years in the land that we rent, the owners want it back by 1st March, so I'm back at work today for a rest after 4 hard days of getting the new grazing ready, still got some fencing to do, but it's ready for them to move into for now.

Then Sunday afternoon I have a jumping clinic with the RC so I can do the teams next weekend.

Have fun and stay safe everyone!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
You do :lol:

No, it has the half pass from CL to long side, and then acute turn to v short diagonal of counter canter.

;)

Ah yes just as flying change inducing but we've done it before, and actually she's a bit better with the harder CC lines as it focuses her attention...

Got my time for winter regionals next week, lovely late time and there's 8 in my class :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::lol:. First time for a top ten, the gold section is bonkers :lol:

Asha

Visit site
We have a busy Saturday. Taking my daughter arena eventing tomorrow morning, then get back swop horses and off we go to a clinic for me and my girl. Hoping to progress to jumping this weekend. Then after that get to see my 5 YO schooled, shes off at my instructors being restarted. Keeping my fingers crossed shes behaving.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Good luck to everyone going out and about!

I'm going to visit Ace, now 3, for the first time in 6 weeks on Sunday. She's been in training for 8 weeks at Corbiewood, we saw her 2 weeks in after she'd been clipped out and started some low level jogging. I'd imagine I'm going to see a MASSIVE change in her this weekend! Will be taking the camera to get photos, can't wait to see my big Acey Baby!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Currently flapping as I'm meant to be going to a pole/ grid clinic on Sunday and have just been let down with transport, so it might end up being a quiet one for me.

Amber had the physio out today, she loved it, but I don't think she'll love the amount of work she's about to start to help build her up!

Thought I'd run through some test moves on Matti but he was in super twonk mode so just worked on how to look/ act like a normal horse instead.

sarahann1

Visit site
A jumping lesson with one of my most favourite instructors who makes me laugh constantly from start to finish, though it's in a dressage saddle, so it'll be erm, interesting!

Happily picking up a new to me GP saddle on Sunday so I don't have to keep jumping in a dressage saddle! Fingers crossed it fits :)

rachk89

Visit site
Finally got a lesson booked for Sunday to work on my horses extension issues. Hopefully we get it through to him even a bit. Providing it doesn't continue snowing it wasn't forecast to snow and it currently is. :(

Good luck to those in competitions.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I had the saddler out yesterday, the only saddle he was happy with was G's old dressage saddle, so that's what I'll be riding in for now. However the little monster only went and bucked me off in the school! I can't blame him, I've spent the last 2 weeks filling him with food and not riding, then take him in the school for the first time, on a very sharp day. Today I'll give him a lunge, then tomorrow G goes to his new home so I'll be able to crack on and get N back into work.

Northern

Visit site
We are having horrendous weather here (highs of 41 degrees Celsius during the day the last few days). So all I would like to do is get up early enough to ride while it is cool, because riding during the day is a welfare issue at the moment :( . Didn't manage it this morning, but all gears firing up for tomorrow morning. It'll be about 20C at 6m, so nice and cool riding weather :)
Might get to see the sun rise too!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Have had Ffion for nearly 5 years and she's never had her own saddle for me to ride her in (not from lack of trying!). She's hard to fit with no withers and a very flat back so everything goes forward and sideways. However last night took delivery of her very own saddle and we went for a moonlight ride in the snow (megatastic!). So this weekend will be hacking her and Cyprian and I might take him to dressage tomorrow.

Hope you aren't feeling too stiff today JB.

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck to everyone out competing / horse hunting / youngster watching!

Quiet one for us - probably won't manage to ride today due to family stuff, then a long hack planned with a friend tomorrow. As work is quiet this week we'll hopefully get to a mid-week BD if I get my backside in gear and do a late entry!

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Had a great night playing over show jumps in the arena last night, H was flying.
Today is forecast heavy rain all day so the normal long hack isn't currently appealing, hopefully it will clear.
Showjumping on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

rachk89

Visit site
Ugh! It snowed over night! Bet my lesson will be cancelled tomorrow :( unless he is happy to teach in the small indoor arena we have but I then can't really practice extended work.

Asha

Visit site
Great day for us, daughter got placed 6th at arena evening, and had a go at the next class up. Had to laugh, she got left behind a little bit !

Me and the baby ID went to our clinic, and did a bit of pole work, and finished off jumping a few cross poles. Watching the son play rugby tomorrow, good job, I'm shattered !

attachment.php