Weekend plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
Good luck all heading out, stay safe and have fun!!

I've entered my mum into a prelim test on my lad and thought as he's there I'd give a Elementary a go, we won the novice last time there, so thought we'd step up - if you don't try and all that!

Sunday I have a lesson

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Good luck. Training at a friend's tomorrow and I've entered some more stressage on Sat and going to a WH CR on Sun. Great weekend coming up I hope :)

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Going up to Drumcarrow tomorrow night and Saturday morning for a lessons on the new horse, before she finally comes home on Sunday :) :) :) :)

Can't wait!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Busy busy busy chez Millie this week...

Weekend started early as Kira had regionals yesterday, a good day out and we escaped the weather that was forecast.
Tomorrow is dressaging with another HHOer
Saturday Millie has her showing debut :eek3:
Rest for everyone on Sunday :p
Tuesday back on the BD hamster wheel for Kira, one Elem one Med. The washing machine is doing double time on all the white clothing!

Have fun everyone! :D

PorkChop

Visit site
Love a busy weekend!

We were sj last night, doing dressage on Saturday and then on Sunday a wee road trip to the xc course.

So we have basically done an event this week :)

Good luck everyone who is competing :)

Bernster

Visit site
Cor, some fun stuff going on for you all. Can't wait to hear how your showing debut goes MP and good luck to all those out competing.

F has a wee girth rub (despite having a ridiculously expensive fairfax girth) so he's not being ridden for a few days and will be lunged instead. Then he's back at it at the weekend with a sj clinic at our yard on Sat and xc training at Horse Heath on Sunday - that's a new venue for us. I'm checking out local (ish) BE venues to scout around for the wobbleberry BE80.

Wimbles

Visit site
Not very exciting in the grand scheme of competing and clinics and things and I haven't told anyone (bar my hacking buddy and now all you guys!!) but I think I'm going to trying and ride for the first time in six and a half months since my horrid injury as I will have achieved my target of losing two stone.

Some people might raise an eyebrow that my choice of steed is going to be the 17.2 ginger ex racehorse but I really trust him to look after me. Going to box up to a local country park and go off for a toddle with my friend where I won't overthink things like I might do in a school situation. Does that sound like a good plan?!?!

mrsh2010

Visit site
Forgot to say I was also picked as the reserve rider for the BHS judges convention for a lesson with William Fox Pitt, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting the call up :'(

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Not very exciting in the grand scheme of competing and clinics and things and I haven't told anyone (bar my hacking buddy and now all you guys!!) but I think I'm going to trying and ride for the first time in six and a half months since my horrid injury as I will have achieved my target of losing two stone.

Some people might raise an eyebrow that my choice of steed is going to be the 17.2 ginger ex racehorse but I really trust him to look after me. Going to box up to a local country park and go off for a toddle with my friend where I won't overthink things like I might do in a school situation. Does that sound like a good plan?!?!

sounds like an excellent plan :D my ex-racer is the best and safest hack on the yard :)

mrsh - in a way fingers crossed for a late call up, as long as it's not because of anyone's misfortune IYSWIM :)

Good luck to all competing and Jenni with the new horse.
We've got a quiet(ish) one - lesson at home tomorrow, then I need to hack madam out as she's been in the school too much lately. My brother and his OH are away this weekend so I get the "joy" of working their horses too... lets just say that we have different tastes and it's one thing to work your own horse if it's persisting down and another to work someone else's that you're not so keen on ;)

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Good luck to all competing.

Quiet one for me again, but then get quite busy for the next few weekends.

Will be doing a mixture of lunging, flatwork, polework and jumping.

LPL

Visit site
The season has started!! We've got G's first BE90 on Saturday at Epworth but first a last minute attempt to improve our dressage tomrrow in a flatwork lesson.

Good luck everyone competing, fingers crossed for nice weather!

ahml100

Visit site
Alf and I have got the be100 at Aston, fingers crossed the weather holds!

Good luck to everyone else competing and training ☺

LeannePip

Visit site
Good luck to everyone out and about competing, and especially those running for the first time this year! THE EVENT SEASON IS FINALLY UPON US :D

Busy busy busy chez Millie this week...

Weekend started early as Kira had regionals yesterday, a good day out and we escaped the weather that was forecast.
Tomorrow is dressaging with another HHOer
Saturday Millie has her showing debut :eek3:
Rest for everyone on Sunday :p
Tuesday back on the BD hamster wheel for Kira, one Elem one Med. The washing machine is doing double time on all the white clothing!

Have fun everyone! :D

Can't wait for Millies show report! Will you have a tog with you?

My weekend is exciting and hair raising all in one - Rubys going XC schooling for the first time since October! *handscoveringeyes* I have a feeling she's going to be a bit wild and i've been dreaming of different bitting options all night and hoping i can still get my BP on!

PorkChop

Visit site
We have completed our dressage phase :)

It was raining cats and dogs :rolleyes: horses were less than impressed :D however came back with frillies :)

What a shame that Aston had to cancel.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Ooh congrats Pork Chop, tell us more :)
MP how was the showing?
Wimbles hope your first hack went well
LP are you back safe? Where did you go, Tweseldown?
Good luck to everyone else out competing, and having fun.

No plans for me, will hack out tomorrow.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Good day despite horrendous sleet / snow before we left home. Wasn't the most inspiring start. Felt he was a bit tense but all good experience for us both.

47686B92-6D61-4B4A-B331-04852F09B38E_zpsqrue1bcf.jpeg

976287CC-2B69-4A63-AB9D-F73E1ECF9BC6_zpsfm7rjvsx.jpg

2A937B3E-F62E-472D-A90E-4BDB6723437B_zpsa9lgkae4.jpg

LeannePip

Visit site
Nah we're here on our own but there's a pro tog so I'll get some fb images :D

Cant wait to see them!

Ooh congrats Pork Chop, tell us more :)
MP how was the showing?
Wimbles hope your first hack went well
LP are you back safe? Where did you go, Tweseldown?
Good luck to everyone else out competing, and having fun.

No plans for me, will hack out tomorrow.

We made it back alive!
Yes we went to T'down and she was a little angel off the lorry and to tack up, as soon as we started walking down the track she turned into a spooking, piaffing, dancing dragon - i nearly lost her (i was on her at this point!) twice just trying to walk down the track to the schooling field. Most was fenced off for the BE next weekend and most of the fences in the schooling area were Nov/ intermediate so we wandered(jogged and spooked) round looking for some nice fences, when she suddenly decided it was far too exciting, let into the air and cantered towards a group of fences she liked the look of. Our warm up was a mixture of rearing and cantering off, eventually we got over some fences and she began to settle down, but i couldnt find much to really get her jumping as it seemed most of the 80/90 fences were out on course :( But she had a whale of a time splashing in the water and jumped some smaller ones, some corners and stuff and we called it a day. And then the heavens opened just as we were leaving so perfectly timed! Just a token picture, couldn't get many as she was too busy whizzing everywhere my friend couldn't keep up with her!

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-04%20at%207.41.18%20PM_zpswowc6fmx.png

Oh and my body protector still fits! :D

Bernster

Visit site
Oops, sounds like an interesting time LP but glad you managed a few to school around.

Great scores FW, he has lovely paces.

Looking forward to some eventing reports, how exciting, although seems like the rain is having a say in this which is a bummer.

Got told off lots in my sj lesson today so feeling a bit pants. Same instructor tmrw for xc at horse Heath. Am hoping for a bit less shouting or else I may throw my toys out the pram!

LPL

Visit site
Looks like we were lucky up north and we got a run at Epworth. Fab new event, well organized and the most beautifully presented fences. Will do a full report on G's thread but my little guy was awesome!!! 37.5 dr and a double clear.

EEE708B6-D0EB-40B1-93E0-6E097A6E6CE6_zps582vru0g.jpg

Well done everyone competing. It looks like a successful weekend for everyone :)

Bernster sometimes the lessons that make you feel like that have a better long term impact. I've always found lessons where I've come out cross or upset have actually had a few home truths and made a huge positive impact in the long run. We're having a flat lesson this week with a brilliant lady that always makes me feel like ***** whilst we're riding but has changed my entire perspective on more than one occasion. Chin up and kick on!!! Enjoy your xc.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Looks like we were lucky up north and we got a run at Epworth. Fab new event, well organized and the most beautifully presented fences. Will do a full report on G's thread but my little guy was awesome!!! 37.5 dr and a double clear.

EEE708B6-D0EB-40B1-93E0-6E097A6E6CE6_zps582vru0g.jpg

Well done everyone competing. It looks like a successful weekend for everyone :)

Bernster sometimes the lessons that make you feel like that have a better long term impact. I've always found lessons where I've come out cross or upset have actually had a few home truths and made a huge positive impact in the long run. We're having a flat lesson this week with a brilliant lady that always makes me feel like ***** whilst we're riding but has changed my entire perspective on more than one occasion. Chin up and kick on!!! Enjoy your xc.

What a fabulous picture.

Good luck to everyone competing today and if your weather is anything like it is here in middle England, you will need a snorkel.

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely pic LPL that carrot jumps looks fun. Didn't get shouted at yesterday in our xc lesson. Yay. He was pleased with us actually. F jumped really nicely, forward, keen, occasionally straight, some bigger jumps and we even did a nice run round the edge of the first field, popping a few fences along the way.

Then he went all nappy and tense on me in the second half, not sure but I think the bigger group size (6of us) and the stop-starting seemed to set it off. Jumping he was fine, but in between he was nappy and at one point did a sideways leap and dropped his shoulder, so I plopped off the side �� Nothing hurt and we carried on, but it's really knocked my confidence (which is pretty fragile) so feeling a bit blue now.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
That's a bummer Bernster... try and just chalk it up to experience, a product of circumstances that you're unlikely to be in again. Sounds like a challenging weekend but you had plenty of positives ... try and focus on them :)

LPL

Visit site
Thanks AA!

Ah no Bernster it does sound like you had lots of positives though. Try and enjoy yourself this week. Concentrate on the things you feel really confident about.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Bernster :( I don't do xc clinics any more as the standing around used to wind G up quite badly, so we'd start off well and it would all go downhill. Chin up chuck xx

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Sorry it didn't go to plan Bernster.
LP Tweseldown sounds like fun :D and LPL sounds like a fab day :)
Well done Millie too :D

Our training session on Friday confirmed that the idea of me having a say in when to take off and the speed of approach definitely need working on - at the moment I have little to no say in either :( So any plans for XC schooling are now firmly on the back burner until we can sort this out as it would just be dangerous currently - it didn't feel too safe in an enclosed arena with collapsible fences :eek3: it's a bit gutting as she's so eager to please and isn't particularly strong - snaffle mouth on the flat and over poles but put a jump up and it all changes :(
Positive note though was that my brothers project horse worked well for me on Saturday so as part of his "how to be a nice horse" training he can do some of the things I had pencilled in for mine :)

Bernster

Visit site
Sorry to hear that Bernster :( I don't do xc clinics any more as the standing around used to wind G up quite badly, so we'd start off well and it would all go downhill. Chin up chuck xx

Thanks JB, and MP and LPL. Oddly JB that makes me feel better, knowing I'm not the only one! It was a shame as it put a dampener on an otherwise brilliant day as he was jumping so well. I've got lots of xc lessons planned so I will be a bit nervous of it now, although the next one is arena xc so less scope for napping I hope.

LLoll - shame about your session but sounds like it was educational and you have a plan, plus another horse to play with too!