Weekend plans

mrsh2010

Visit site
It's almost here..... the sun is shining!!

Saturday I'm off to Lincoln in the evening for the Force Equine awards dinner, my mum is in the top three for "Groom of the Year", rumours have it we might be on the table with the guest of honour too, so looking forward to that! Although it can't be a late night as I'm competing in the intermediate dressage qualifiers for my Riding Club on Sunday!!

Good luck all out and about! Stay Safe!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No plans! Phew. Did 4 shows in a week last week so time for a rest this weekend.

Have fun everyone :)

Wimbles

Visit site
I've just booked my first lesson back in the saddle with Dangerous Brian for Sunday! Eeeek!

I can neither deny nor confirm whether you crazy bunch of people that I don't actually know have spurred me on into entering a dressage test on Monday ;)

Asha

Visit site
Weekend off the neds for me.

My daughter is off arena eventing again, her boss is taking her as I'm watching my son play rugby. Its a cup match, so keep your fingers crossed for him.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
If all good with my gappy gob by tomorrow am planning on taking NF over to another HHO'ers in the morning (hoping she is well enough to receive visitors too).
Saturday hacking with friends on doorstep
Sunday am possibly going to take NF out to her 1st sj comp, tho planning on doing just 1st (tiny!) class as have family stuff to do in the afternoon.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I have something to add to this thread!

I am taking my baby cob out to our 2nd lesson with a new instructor. I was very, very pleased after the first one as I love finding someone who teaches how I want to ride. It's only his 2nd trip out so hoping he is as well behaved as he was for the first one! Hopefully getting ready for his 1st competitive outing doing some dressage next weekend - dreading it as I've not ridden a W/T test in forever and could be very embarrassing, but as a big, heavy, hairy, 4 year old cantering little circles is beyond us atm. :)

Missed going out so much and typical now baby horse is ready to see some of the world, proper horse is back in work and appears (frantically touches wood) to be pretty good after his surgery/box rest/rehab woes! :D He will be hacking out this weekend from his 'new yard' as he came back from his rehab place last weekend. Fingers crossed I survive that.

So excited, why is it not the weekend now?

Bernster

Visit site
Nice to hear folks are out and about. Sharer riding him Saturday so I have a day at home doing catch up chores etc, then were out xc again on Sunday. Hoping for better behaviour this time around but I think it's arena xc so should suit us better. Keysoe which is a bit of a trek but we've been to camp twice there so not a new venue. Need my 'he's so laid back he's nearly horizontal' boy back to keep my confidence up!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm polocrosse training on Sunday with the Fergstar. Really ought to jump the Daemon on Saturday too, but mostly I'm plotting what we'll do when we move yards (again) in the next couple of weeks :D

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck everyone x x

Hubby is doing his first event (sj and xc) on grass this season :) We are off tomorrow so need to ride, do stud holes and walk the course...

Wee boy is coming too so he can ride on the beach with his daddy afterwards. .. Special treat as loan pony is moving on to her next family quite soon

Fiona

sarahann1

Visit site
I have a clinic with Trish Harvey, FW Sat + SJ Sun, really looking forward to it. I've not had a lesson from her since April last year when she got me from the point of wanting to cry/vomit at the thought of doing any sort of XC fence to doing 70cm fences with a smile on my face!

Bernster

Visit site
I have a clinic with Trish Harvey, FW Sat + SJ Sun, really looking forward to it. I've not had a lesson from her since April last year when she got me from the point of wanting to cry/vomit at the thought of doing any sort of XC fence to doing 70cm fences with a smile on my face!

Haha that's pretty good going, for both of you!

LPL

Visit site
Have a great time bernster, kick on!

We're having a quite weekend. Going to set up a "cross country course" in the school tomorrow then grooming for a friend's combined training and hacking on Sunday. G has three lessons next week so going to keep him fresh!

Good luck to all competing.

LeannePip

Visit site
Good Luck everyone out competing!

Im SJ Stewarding at Tweseldown tomorrow, really looking forward to it, i usually FJ so will be fun to do something different!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Rain has stopped my schooling on grass debut today. So disappointed. Blooming Scotland! Forecast said dry. Going to hack today and going stressaging tomorrow and we've upped the stakes and even got the tests in advance so some element of learning it may take place!

sarahann1

Visit site
What a brilliant weekend, Trish is fab, sorted out our right bend issues which in turn helped our dodgy steering, which also help out canter work.

Can't wait for the summer and getting out and about much more!

Bernster

Visit site
Yay, had a good xc lesson today after last week's fall. Went to Keysoe for arena xc, we've been before and, as it was in an arena, it was a nice outing, helped me to get my confidence back. Did some nice circuits inc some of the 80 fences.

Am really pleased with our progress overall. I went for the first time last year, so it's great that now it's something I've used for confidence building.

Asha

Visit site
Yay, had a good xc lesson today after last week's fall. Went to Keysoe for arena xc, we've been before and, as it was in an arena, it was a nice outing, helped me to get my confidence back. Did some nice circuits inc some of the 80 fences.

Am really pleased with our progress overall. I went for the first time last year, so it's great that now it's something I've used for confidence building.

Nice one Bernster, I cant wait until I'm doing the same

My daughter had a fab time arena eventing. 4th in first class, and 2nd in second class. Both double clears. Which is amazing, as shes never gone double clear at 70cm before. They never have poles down at home, just away, so this was a massive step forward.

Sons rugby cup match, well less said the better about that.

Wimbles

Visit site

I find this so encouraging! As a fellow Wobbleberry who gets palpitations at the very thought of leaving the floor after my splat, reading your journey is really inspiring.

Bernster

Visit site
Nice one Bernster, I cant wait until I'm doing the same

My daughter had a fab time arena eventing. 4th in first class, and 2nd in second class. Both double clears. Which is amazing, as shes never gone double clear at 70cm before. They never have poles down at home, just away, so this was a massive step forward.

Sons rugby cup match, well less said the better about that.

Awesome, great progress.

Wimbles your boy looks v handsome. And v clean! Our journey has been a bit wobbly although generally going in the right direction overall. Hope yours goes well too. The hardest part for me has been dealing with situations where it's not going to plan, and trying to keep my nerve. Luckily F is pretty laid back but he has the occasional wobble, and he needs me to be a better rider so I can get him through it. Easier said than done!

monte1

Visit site
Good Luck everyone out competing!

Im SJ Stewarding at Tweseldown tomorrow, really looking forward to it, i usually FJ so will be fun to do something different!

how did you get on ? i was dressage writing for the U18 novice section on saturday afternoon :)
had a lovely judge to work with , enjoyed nice lunch and a schooling voucher... great afternoon all round!

Fiona

Visit site

Both my boys had a fantastic day on Saturday. OH and Sophie had a double clear, and then they both had a fab time on the beach...

Fiona