Weekend Plans

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I know I don't usually comment on these threads, but I do enjoy reading everybody else's adventures....
So come on you lovely lot, what are you all up to?

I'm going for a decent hack on Saturday and popping a saddle on the little one again as she seems to have stopped growing for a second, so might as well do a bit more with her.
Then on Sunday I'm going to Badminton :D
Monday I have the day off for jabs and teeth.

Happy first weekend in May everyone!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
:D

sounds like a productive few days DD :)

The merry-go-round continues here. Millie has a TSR showing clinic tomorrow so I have a half day :) also have to fit in riding Kira and 2 others on the yard.

Saturday I have a ticket for Badminton but might not go as will be on my tod, dunno, possibly do some arena hire with K instead if I can find something local as we could do with another freestyle practice for next week :eek:

Sunday 5 horses to ride, zzzzzzz, might cheat with my 2 and go ride & lead round the lanes. Then feet up for Badminton SJ on the telly.

Bernster

Visit site
Badders! Heading up Friday evening, pub dinner, then have tickets for Sat and Sunday. Looking forward to seeing the xc course in real life as it looks quite different, with some new jumps and some whoppers! Will be interesting to see how it jumps.

Also hoping to get my hands on a willberry if they have any left by that time!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Enjoy Badminton everyone - comfy shoes remember.

For us Saturday is Ted V Alice in Prelim 1 and 14.

Sunday is a lazy day I hope, watching the recorded red button cross country.

{97702}

Visit site
This weekend I will be watching other people ride my horse - meh! His owner is coming up on Saturday and wants a go on him, I'm going to make absolutely sure she signs the extension to our livery agreement before she sits on him as he is a different horse to the one she handed over a year ago and she will be amazed :) :)

I am wondering about going for a hack in a body protector on Sunday - it'll be 3 weeks after breaking ribs - my sensible head says I shouldn't but I want to :D

Asha

Visit site
Lévrier;13542503 said:
This weekend I will be watching other people ride my horse - meh! His owner is coming up on Saturday and wants a go on him, I'm going to make absolutely sure she signs the extension to our livery agreement before she sits on him as he is a different horse to the one she handed over a year ago and she will be amazed :) :)

I am wondering about going for a hack in a body protector on Sunday - it'll be 3 weeks after breaking ribs - my sensible head says I shouldn't but I want to :D

wont the body protector hurt just to have it on ? give yourself another couple of weeks, be kind to yourself !

we are off arena eventing again, its the finals this weekend too. My daughter is doing the usual 2 classes, and at the minute is in good placings in both classes. Going to take my 5 YO too, its her first time at this, so should be interesting. You can tell its not me riding, or I would be saying terrifying as opposed to interesting !!

Good luck everyone

monte1

Visit site
Good Luck to all those out competing and very envious of those who are at or going to Badminton. I will be watching on TV but have no huge plans as have to go pick up OH who has been away for last two weeks, from Gatwick on Saturday evening and have heard that some of M3 will be closed this weekend :-( should make for a fun trip!!)
on a more positive note , I recently volunteered to be a guinea pig test rider at a dressage judge training seminar in a lovely venue close to us and the judge trainer is none other than Jennie Loriston-Clarke .... EEK so I think this weekend I will be building a 20x60 arena in the field and need to get practicing so we can at least try to ride a semi decent test in front of her!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
5 MP! Do you not think this schooling addiction of yours is getting a little out of hand?!

Good luck dressaging nugget and AA - I'm betting on Alice edging out Ted on the first test and vice versa on the second.

Levrier, probably best to give the ribs a bit longer - boring mother hen comment I know, but I've been there and realised that there's a reason you don't here people say 'oh I'm so glad I pushed my luck with the injury recovery time'

milliepops

Visit site
5 MP! Do you not think this schooling addiction of yours is getting a little out of hand?!

hahahaha :D :D well it is a little OTT at the moment but... one is YOs horse which is for sale and needs a tune up, another is a pony on the yard whose rider is abroad and it needs to work the grass off ;) so they are temporary victims really!

{97702}

Visit site
Levrier, probably best to give the ribs a bit longer - boring mother hen comment I know, but I've been there and realised that there's a reason you don't here people say 'oh I'm so glad I pushed my luck with the injury recovery time'

Ah OK - it is good to hear from someone who has been there :) patience never was one of my strong points but I shall try & restrain myself
:D

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I am doing the first fun ride of the year on DP, hope he behaves himself as he will be travelling alone for only the second time but will have two of his yard mates to go round with.

Good luck to everyone competing and hope the weather is good for the rest of Badminton.

Arniebear

Visit site
We are off for another crack at BE, heading to keysoe for the 80 on sunday :) Saturday of course will be spent watching badminton xc, cleaning tack and bathing a pony!! :D

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Hacking with mates tomorrow morning & then sofa surfing watching red button.
Sunday off to xc schooling day with another friend, luckily its only 10 mins from the yard, so no early rushing :)

Have a safe weekeend all x

MissGee

Visit site
Tomorrow marks 2 weeks with my new boy :)

So hacking in the morning with OH, going to watch a 1.40 class in the afternoon/evening at local venue then back there Sunday morning for me and the boy to compete BS - just gonna pop round the 85cm

Sophire

Visit site
Off to Badminton tomorrow to watch the XC, trying to decide if to ride before or after. On Sunday I'm off to dressage with some friends at Pachesham to help out and shout from the ground. I'm getting good at 'Do it again!!' 'Sharper transitions!!' and 'Outside rein!!'. I consider myself invaluable!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Haha Sophire - you sound like my Mother. Who it has to be said, is an excellent groom but has never actually ridden ... your advice on the other hand, probably really *is* invaluable!

I'm going for hack this evening after work. Tomorrow I'm going to Badminton & then on Sunday I'll be flatwork schooling in preparation for dressage.

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Working tomorrow then off to the local riding club on Sunday for some showjumping. Praying he doesn't have a meltdown at the scary fillers 😬

scats

Visit site
Decided not to take the hooligan out today after all. He's never been on my new wagon and hasn't travelled for 2 years so I took the wagon down a bit early (I was all set to go at this point) He went on and off very well, but was clearly a little nervous about the whole thing, so I opted to just take him for a short drive.

He was very well behaved and unloaded calmly, so I'm pleased. I just felt that he needs a bit of time to re-adjust to the whole travelling thing so I will work on this over the next few weeks and then take him out at the end of May instead.

Asha

Visit site
A fab outing on Saturday.

My daughter came 5th in the first class, it was the end of the series too, so after totting up the results from the year, she came 3rd overall ! She was over the moon. 2nd class didn't go as well as she had 2 down. But she was that chuffed from the first class she didn't care.
Them my 5yo did her first arena eventing , and went double clear. I was amazed at her attitude, she took everything on, such a huge difference to last year. She was just a put of he placing (7th)
Sent today pottering around the yard and watching badminton. Perfect!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Congrats Asha! Sounds like one of those lovely culmination of all the hard work outings.

Sounds like a positive exercise Scats - respect to you for not pushing for the outing.

Did 4 miles round the forest with the big idiot, with about 1/3 of the distance in fast canter/steady gallop, and the rest in walk and trot, and only a touch of sweat under the girth, so definitely getting fitter.
Little mare was lunged with saddle. She had a few little stop and starts when first into trot and a little hump when first into canter but took to it all rather well. After behaviour rather restless this week she was calm and content after the short session so think she enjoyed the stimulation.
Badminton was fab as ever, even if I did burn a little. Fab to see AN win

milliepops

Visit site
Had a really useful time at our TSR showing clinic on Friday, learnt some helpful tips and feel a bit more confident now! The trainer was quite complimentary about Millie which is always nice, I mean, I know she's the best horse in the world but it's nice when someone agrees with you :D:D:D:D:eek:

Enjoyed badminton xc day esp after caving in and buying one of the earpiece radios, I was there on my own and it cheered me up no end having the commentary in my ear all day :)

And then lots of riding on Sunday, took my 2 out together so only ended up riding 4 in the end :p

18275168_1558105797534258_1517558222369823901_n.jpg

Quiet day for us today and lesson tomorrow morning for K, just in denial about needing to do some work between now and then!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well done on the points and survival NLP :D
Love that picture MP, they're both so photogenic. I've only just realised that showing clinics are a thing from reading on here, but they sound like a great idea to help with demystifying and getting an unbiased opinion. I'm even tempted to go to one with one of my definitely not show horses, just out of interest