Weekend Plans

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
So, sun and showers this weekend - what are you all up to? (I appreciate may be hard to beat last week's successes)
I'm off out to play dressage again :D

ihatework

Visit site
So, sun and showers this weekend - what are you all up to? (I appreciate may be hard to beat last week's successes)
I'm off out to play dressage again :D

I'm back to usual weekend routine of boxing him to friend for a jumping session on Saturday then boxing to the allweather gallops on Sunday. Fit and forwards camp continues for the pony!

Although he did earn brownie points at his dressage test and fun ride last week. It turns out fun rides are actually 'fun' on sane horses, who knew!!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I have entered the 65cm knock down xc on a track. I reckon if I go up ten cm each time then perhaps one day we will jump a decent height :D

Planning to take daughter xc schooling on her pony tomorrow. Need to get my boy out again too but not at the same time.

Asha

Visit site
Off jumping again this weekend. Harry &Aria are out on Saturday. Then all being well I take my Pip jumping on Sunday. Having a lesson today, so will decide after that.
It will be her first time out jumping so going to start off with cross poles, and maybe do the next class . Just depends how we both feel afterwards! Eek

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
My exams finish tomorrow so I'm home for summer on saturday (yipee!). Was meant to be playing dressage on sunday but now am going XC schooling to have a practice run round the course for the ODE I'm doing in a couple of weeks. Think I'll also try and get the boring task of cleaning the trailer done before we start going out competing, as it's looking rather green and disgusting on the outside at the moment...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Kira has an area festival tomorrow, M73 which we did in the test riding last weekend. Really impressed that the venue is running arena walks throughout the day so we will actually make it to one without needing to be there at the crack of dawn (for a 12.30pm test ;) )

Quiet weekend after that for once, just a couple to ride on Saturday. Planning a trip with Millie on Tuesday to do a couple of AMs so will be doing some work towards that and might take her out in the box for some different hacking.

Have fun all :D

Casey76

Visit site
Tartine has the vet tomorrow as she is still very lame.

Blitz is happy being a pasture puff for the moment, though I may have to find some brave pants and take him for a walk round the block... maybe if I can find someone to walk on foot with me *ponders*

scats

Visit site
Collecting new pony today.

Hooligan being turned away tomorrow at local grass livery for his official retirement. He is currently stuck in the routine with the Diva (and soon to be new girl) where he is having to come off the grass 12 hours a day and it's totally unfair on him. He just stands in his box all day cribbing between mouthfuls of hay. It's been a big decision and I will miss not having him on the yard, but ultimately best for him now he can no longer work.

Wimbles

Visit site
Good luck to everyone out competing and lessoning this weekend. A quiet horsey weekend here, although we shall be doing some more polocrosse practice because we are now obsessed!

vam

Visit site
Another with a quiet weekend. OH is off driving traction engines so I've got a weekend to myself. I'm off tomorrow as well so going to be spending the next few days hacking. There will be some cake baking in there as well. Quite looking forward to it.
Good luck to those out competing :)

Sophire

Visit site
Quiet weekend for me too, not even out with others! My sharer is a teacher so she's been away on half term this week so is doing the weekend. I'll hack tonight I think and she can have the day off tomorrow as I have plans. Over the weekend I'm just doing the yard I help with but they only have 2 at the moment so takes all of an hour out of my day! Giving my friend a jump on Saturday morning and may try and beg, steal or borrow a horse to hack on Sunday!

Good luck to everyone out!

LPL

Visit site
We're heading to Epworth to do 1m show cross. It's G's first one and prep for his first BE100 run in June. Super excited!!!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I ve never posted in the competition section before but here goes...I am taking my baby mare to a local agricultural show with the intention of doing an in hand class and a novice ridden if she takes everything in her stride and is calm and comfortable with all the sights and sounds. We have practised loading and I have my lists of things to do and stuff to take so fingers crossed its a positive experience all round.
LPL give my love to Epworth as you whizz by..its where I'm from originally....good luck.

Britestar

Visit site
Happy - RC camp this weekend. Two days of training with assorted instructors, and a BBQ on Sat night with bouncy castles!

Also off work tomorrow to get it all set up.

_EVS_

Visit site
I'm off to the Area 30 Showjumping at Dallas Burston Polo Club! All sounds rather glam so I'm hoping the atmosphere doesn't get to us! Didn't manage to get out the last two weekends so feeling rather under-prepared!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Polocrosse training for me! I'm dragging a mate (and ex-HHOer) along too. When I'm not training, unmounted practice, practice umpire questions and studying the rule book :p In other words: polocrostination.

we shall be doing some more polocrosse practice because we are now obsessed!

Polocrosse: it's not a sport, it's an obsession! :D

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Polocrosse training for me! I'm dragging a mate (and ex-HHOer) along too. When I'm not training, unmounted practice, practice umpire questions and studying the rule book :p In other words: polocrostination.

Polocrosse: it's not a sport, it's an obsession! :D

God, you really are in deep....must find out what it's all about.
Hi MLC <waves> hope you and young mare have a good show
Good luck to everyone competing, examing and new horsing, especially with your area festival MP - dinky cob will show em all how it's done!

JFTDWS

Visit site
God, you really are in deep....must find out what it's all about.

You have no idea - it's genuinely taking over my life :eek3: I love it so much - not even [just] playing, I love just being involved, lackeying for young players, photographing and spectating at tournaments, goal judging, pseudo-umpiring (proper, low level umpiring when I've done the exam, hopefully), helping out on the ground at training... It's a wonderful sport - the kids enjoy it so much and get so much out of it, and the "good" teams are just incredible to watch.

LeannePip

Visit site
Good Luck everyone out competing - hope the weather is kind to everyone!

Saturday working most of the day, will just take Ruby for a hack found the farm fields.

Sunday, at Aston for the next leg of the AT Classics :D Can't wait!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Dressage... but I got the heads up the Prelim classes were going to be mobbed so instead of doing the prelims or a prelim and a novice, we've entered the novice and the elementary! Bah! It's E44 so fairly pleasant as far as ele's go but I can't help but think we'll maybe disgrace ourselves ;) Still, looking forward to the nice sociable start times of after 2pm.

Have been back on the bootcamp with our sponsor so we're a lot more ready for it than we were last week - Skye had a semi week off, then a week popping fences / going jumping as I don't want to fry her head with flatwork. I picked her back up on Monday and we'd lost left canter... oops. So been working on bringing that back and simple changes this week.

Hiccups and stumbling blocks aside... I think we are heading in the right direction? April 7th - May 31st
jen%20skye_zpsczeozjc3.jpg

And a nice picture in the sun after our lesson... people often say 'but she doesn't look that big?' - Well here she is next to a full up 15.3hh, I think she looks her full height here!
18835908_1900541606871967_7374297624135156012_n_zpsogoutzij.jpg

Last edited:

Asha

Visit site
Off jumping again this weekend. Harry &Aria are out on Saturday. Then all being well I take my Pip jumping on Sunday. Having a lesson today, so will decide after that.
It will be her first time out jumping so going to start off with cross poles, and maybe do the next class . Just depends how we both feel afterwards! Eek

Well, my lesson didn't go to plan. Pip wasn't quite right behind, not tracking up. My instructor thinks it's a minor tweak. So she's having a few days off , I will assess her after the weekend . So no jumping for me . She must have heard I planned something !

JustMe22

Visit site
I'm taking my 4yo OTTB to a little Prelim dressage show...at an eventing venue where hopefully there will be no horses galloping around on the XC course. If so, we will definitely embarrass ourselves.

milliepops

Visit site
So, we made the trek to Kingswood and survived ;) OH was telling me it would take HOURS because it was A Really Long Way but we did it in just over 1hr 45 so not bad and almost all motorway :D

Delighted to have an arena walk before each class so we could get in there without needing to be there at sparrow fart. Kira thought the far end was absolutely terrifying so blooming glad we did it... warmed up *super*, really chuffed with the feel I got and with an entire bank of mirrors I could confirm what I was feeling matched what I was seeing :D

Into the test arena and *wham* the anchor came out, she really got a bit worried about the far end again and I had to carry her round. But we picked up lots of marks for accuracy, positioning of the lateral work, transitions - all the stuff that you can do well, even if you are having to pray for every step forward.

Split the judges with the one at B putting us on a little over 60% :eek: , C at 64% and H at 66.something so 63 and a bit overall, good enough for 7th place in a low scoring class with several eliminations!

Had a nice jolly round in the mounted prize giving (I really could have done with a lead in the test, she felt super happy in the lap of honour following someone else ;) ) and we're through to the second rounds so the details are neither here nor there :p

No photos please! Too tired :rolleyes:
18836018_1584183901593114_6498449899142109294_n.jpg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Sounds great MP! So nice to know that all the work is secure enough to pick up decent marks even when she has a hit if the nap attacks. On a side note, her plaits are fantastic, love the multi tone

scats

Visit site
Well done MP!

Collected new pony yesterday. Lovely journey there and most of the way home and then the clutch went on the wagon on the motorway! Managed to tease it home, thank goodness.
Pic of pony when I went to try her last weekend- she's a 14.1hh NF X, 9 years old, very green but super willing and very forward.
IMG_0201.jpg

The hooligan went out to his retirement home this morning, grass livery a few miles away where several friends horses are. He settled in to the herd well so hoping it will all work out for him.

The Diva and new pony seem to be getting on well, quick sniff and squeal and then heads down munching.

Busy few days! I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend now!

milliepops

Visit site
Sounds great MP! So nice to know that all the work is secure enough to pick up decent marks even when she has a hit if the nap attacks. On a side note, her plaits are fantastic, love the multi tone

Hehe thanks
Yeah, it's a bit frustrating that she still has these mega green moments when I'm doing all I can to make her more worldly but as you say, underneath all that the training is pretty solid ;)

Bernster

Visit site
Super stuff MP. Love those fat plaits!

And hope your boy has a happy retirement scats, and wish you lots of fun with the new one.

Some fab pics and posts on here, have enjoyed reading them. Might have an easy weekend with F this weekend. I've been away a lot lately so will hack out and then see how we both feel tmrw.