Weekend Plans!!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I'm taking the big lad to a showjumping competition on Sunday <laughs manically>
Pray for my dignity...

So what are you all up to?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Coo 'eck, you're keen :D

Still too much of the working week to plough through for me yet :p

(Kira has a show Monday, can't believe we're into the winter season already :eek:
Looking to start her quals for winter regionals so we've swapped to medium silver, eep)
Oh and Millie has a lesson on a Tuesday so actually I'll be doing plenty of work over the weekend to scramble some time in lieu together :lol:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Ooh, haven't finished making plans yet, but def a SJ coaching session booked for Friday.
Prob a hack on Sat & then hopefully a blatt round local-ish farm xc ride :)
Feeling chipper as have just paid balance for RC camp in a months time - 4 days of total horsing (and no tents!!)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Yay I can join in.
Schooling and hacking on current ride. Probably some jump schooling in there as well.
Either saturday or sunday going to Onley to meet Wimbles and JFTD, watch some horseball and polocross plus have a little play on a couple of Wimbles horses.
Fun weekend ahead.
Add in nice weather so the bike will be used to get around and all is good :)
DabDab, good luck but forget about dignity. That goes when you first get on a horse and returns the last time you get off.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Haha, yes MP, having made the decision to go I had to write it down before I constructed some excellent excuse not to...
Medium silver, god....how far has little chubby cobby stuff come in two years? It is seriously class.
RC camp minus tents sounds fab TFF - a month and counting
This Onley gig sounds good, with going sj I'm now pretty much booked up all weekend otherwise I'd pop down. True PM, I mean fortunately I've never had much dignity to lose - at least my idiot horse makes for good stories, even to the non horsey.

Wimbles

Visit site
Horseball league matches at Onley all weekend. Hoping that my confidence will have improved from the first league weekend back in April. Not had a single training session sadly so not expecting great things.

Really looking forward to going down to watch some polocrosse and maybe convincing someone to have a throw about with us!

Hoping PaddyMonty isn't too disappointed by two of the ex racer dressage team (the giant ginger and dapple grey).

Fiona

Visit site
Another county show with ridden connie class on Saturday..

And hopefully a lesson on Thursday morning to get us in the mood :)

Will be pony's first journey in the trailer (he's been in the lorry up to now).

Fiona

_EVS_

Visit site
Off to compete at Wales and West again for the weekend!! woo hoo!!!! Looking forward to sunshine and BBQs (and some jumping!) :)

LeannePip

Visit site
Wow keen Dabdab!

Onley sounds like the HHO place to be this weekend, hope you all enjoy it! I've not been there for a number of years but do remember having a really good jacket potato there once! :D

Good luck everyone!

We are off to our first BE :D :D We are doing the 90 at Rackham, I am so excited, i have dreamed of this since i was a kid and it is finally here!

Also doing/ supporting a charity tug of war on Saturday (really good prep!) our team won last year, so hoping we can keep it up! I'm being reserve this year as didn't want to get injured before Rackham on Sunday - Tug of war is brutal stuff!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Polocrosse at Rugby, apparently - and probably some inappropriate leering at PM's thighs while I'm at it, if I get the chance. Which means the chances of me actually improving on my passing/catching/throwing zero success rate are pretty slim :eek3: :D

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Saturday is a dressage training session in prep for PC area dressage in July. Sunday we were off to our first ODE!! (eeek!!!) It's only 60-70cm, but it's Henry's first ever ODE, and my first since I lost Rosie. I'm swinging between tentatively excited and absolutely bricking it. The only aim is to get round without being eliminated and hopefully to enjoy at least some of the day :p

milliepops

Visit site
Nothing on this weekend! Good luck all. MP I didn't realise you lived in Australia, if you're into the winter season :p

:D :D :D :D :D :D well you know, BD are just contrary with their rules :p Winter qualifiers start in June and the summer season starts on 1st dec :lol:

Sophire

Visit site
I'm off work tomorrow so I'm beginning my weekend early.

Tomorrow I'm going to actually get all of my odd jobs done, clean all my tack, clear my tack room out, give the horse a bath etc...

I have no going out plans myself this weekend so going out with the lady who helps me and hoping that my 3rd attempt at big plaits is better than the last 2! Hacking her horse on Sunday with her on her daughter's horse and that's as far as I've planned!

scats

Visit site
Might see if I can get Diva out to the beach for a hack, she's incredibly switched off with all this hacking at home and is finding the transition from competition pony to hacking pony quite boring. Plus she's piling the weight on.

More work with Speedy T, hopefully nab a friend to accompany us out on a hack.

This all depends on how well my bladder holds up. 2 days post surgery and feel more and more like I have a bad UTI.

HappyDayz

Visit site
Good luck to everyone and have fun!

We are out on Sunday for our first run at our new music! Will be our last outing before the area festival on the 1st. Choccy feels super at the moment so fingers crossed!

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck to everyone competing! Scats, I hope you feel better and try to take it a bit easy!

Quiet weekend for us - jump lesson tomorrow and a morning hack on Sunday. Indio is now allowed turnout and can start work next week, can't wait!

tatty_v

Visit site
We are popping out for Combined Training on Saturday - only the diddy 60cm class but really looking forward to it :)

Durhamchance

Visit site
I'm schooling my friends cob this evening, I've not ridden him yet and I'm looking forward to it.

Saturday I have my first ever dressage lesson on the pony! It's not our strong point and is in preparation for our first little ODE. We're only doing intro C, but really need to work on our circles and overall picture.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Good luck to everyone and have fun!

We are out on Sunday for our first run at our new music! Will be our last outing before the area festival on the 1st. Choccy feels super at the moment so fingers crossed!

Ooo, exciting - good luck for your area festival

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Lots of firsts/breaking new ground going on this week - good luck everyone, remember to keep your knickers on and your breakfast inside you :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Lots of firsts/breaking new ground going on this week - good luck everyone, remember to keep your knickers on and your breakfast inside you :D
I utterly failed on the latter today, although that was down to staying late at the pub and having no dinner to soak up the booze - you'd think I'd have learnt by now!!

Managed to get a bowl of rice down myself then headed to our jump lesson. Pocholo was loving it despite the heat! We've been working on getting him to take me into the fences, which he's now doing so next I have to learn to sit quietly and wait for the fence to come to me. Riding is so confusing sometimes ;-)

Fiona

Visit site
Had a fantastic lesson on Thursday (except I was stupid enough to ride with continental reins and no gloves (blisters have to be seen to be believed ) and really enjoyed our second ever connie class today. No rosette but so pleased with the way he went...

Fiona

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well I have abandoned sj plans :( the heat is just too much for the heat intolerant moose. I had a try today just to see how he'd cope, and...well...let's just say that there's braving something out and then there's just setting yourself up to fail, and I was falling on the side of the latter.

So an early morning womble through the forest tomorrow instead I think, and then try to do some arena hire with jumps in the week.

Love the tongue Fiona!
Sounds good Jiffy...just remember hair of the dog next time.

milliepops

Visit site
Phew-eeeee! It's stupendously hot isn't it!

Took Millie out for some impromptu arena -borrowing yesterday, I was questioning my sanity when we arrived as it was 3pm and still getting hotter. The arena was in a sun trap and we were sweating before I got her tacked up.
But, it was a fabulous surface, firm and ultra consistent so just what she needs. a lovely 20 x 60 with a full set of mirrors so we could run through AM91 which is her area festival test and see what it looks like.

Seriously melting afterwards but a good venture and hoping we can return semi-regularly, the arena belongs to a friend of a friend and isn't in a lot of use at the moment so it would be a real privilege... prob take K next time to look at her tempis on longer lines :cool4:

Kira did some test practice this morning straight from the field... she needed to do about 4 poos before being ridden really so was a bit stuffy but we just hacked round as we have 2 short arena tests tomorrow and I couldn't get them into my head :eek:

No pics but Millie has a new (used) bridle to celebrate her return to dressage as Kira has robbed hers, fgs don't tell her I've bought it - she thinks it's just borrowed. This was the fitting session :lol:
19105923_1449527308417803_4055620245997664318_n.jpg