Weekend plans!!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Since I missed the boat with last week's I decided it was time for this weekend now.

I have nothing much going on other than some hacking and lending my school to a friend for some pre match practice :)

So what you all up to then?

j1ffy

Visit site
Yay, almost the weekend!

I have a lesson on Indio in the morning, our second since he came back into work. He's feeling good so hoping to get out competing again next weekend. Other than that not much planned other than either a long hack or pub ride with some other liveries on Saturday :)

Undecided

Visit site
Was hoping to be attending the Team Quest Regionals on Sunday with my team but had a freak accident with farrier on Tuesday resulting in a small burn to pony's leg which is clearly bothering him in trot and canter although not lame, plastering it in Flamazine and will just hack in walk for the rest of the week and he will decide Saturday evening if he's up to it. Monday we are moving yards after 5 years at our current lovely place to somewhere with some incredible facilities (indoor with mirrors :O ) and a 20 min walk/5 min drive from home which will be awesome as he has taken a great aversion to being out at the moment and stands by the gate all day so I can pop in and out to check on him/bring in/skip out as I'm walking the dogs mid-afternoon :D :D :D

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Good luck everyone out competing! AandK Munstead is lovely, I'm sure you'll have a great time! No plans for me, I'm back at uni now and I'm not going to be able to get home and see Henry for another 5 weeks :( Though luckily I'm still getting some horse time, weekly riding lessons and a visit to the New Forest with my family in 2 weeks! :)

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing....

There has been so much rain in NI recently I don't think there is much still running on grass :(

Have booked son and I into flatwork lessons with riding club on Sunday morning.

Inside thankfully, which is good as there is a weather warning for the next batch of bad weather :(

Fiona

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Weekend starts tomorrow. I will be up early to travel with Bailey over to the Unicorn Trust at Stow on the Wold for a day of ridden Biometrics, unmounted sports physiology and ending with a jumping session. It's a full on day and I'm very excited at testing myself. Not worried about Bailey at all, he is a pro but I suffer from the heebie geebies but I am ready to push myself out of my comfort zone.

Today has been manic with running around for other people and I still haven't filled the car with petrol or bought a bale of shavings for his day stable but the trailer is ready, haynets are filled and tack is clean. I must go and make a packed lunch, pack pony passport (thanks TFF) and find my cooler rug.

sychnant

Visit site
Tomorrow we are travelling 100 miles to South Wales, to do the Quest Regionals at Beacons. I'm so nervous! I've never stayed away for a show before. I wasn't going to go, as my aim for this year was to qualify for the Gypsy Cob Championships, but then we qualified for Quest too and it seemed a shame not to go.

2 tests on Saturday and then heading home. Hopefully having ridden the tests well, remembered where we are going, and with an unspooky pony. Fingers crossed...

Visit site
Last show of the year this weekend! Saturday see's my step dad take me on in the Adult Handler's class at the Caledonian Championships! I will have the Welsh Cob and he will have one of the Shetlands. The Welsh Cob is also in the M&M In-hand on the Sunday but I will suss out the competition before I take him. I may steward for the day instead.

Then after that it's just racing, racing racing.

HappyDayz

Visit site
I can almost start joining in properly again.

Yesterday evening my old boy was PTS. It was all very peaceful and definitely the right decision. Sadly it doesn't make it any easier.

Tomorrow we are packing everything into the lorry and Saturday we are moving the other two into their new yard. Hopefully once they've moved I will be able to ride more frequently and stat competing again!!

Then in a couple of months another move when we move house. I feel bad moving them twice in such short time but I can't keep them where they are at the moment.

atropa

Visit site
Yay I haven't had anything interesting to post on these threads for ages!

Tomorrow I'm going for a three hour hack on a Friesian with my good friend, then hopefully hacking my younger mare in the afternoon.
Saturday morning I'm moving my older mares stuff to her new yard and setting up her stable, then hacking younger mare and giving her a big groom.
Sunday younger mare is going to a little training SJ show - I'm really excited as I haven't been out jumping since March and she hasn't been out since last July. Then in the afternoon I'm moving my older mare to her new yard, hopefully once she's settled in I can't start bringing her back into work after her 18 months off.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Possibly going jumping on Friday night with the drama llama. Hunter trial on Saturday, run by a very local friend, going to take Holly, my 25 year old. We haven't been to a hunter trial together for probably 5 years. Can't wait!!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Cheerios first driven ODE :)

Let me know times if you still want a tog / helping hand!

I have nothing going on. Disco is in the shop, costing me thousands to get through its MOT. Both highlands still on limited games. Big brown borrowed mare going back up north on Monday. Will miss her. No progress on new ponies either (except the sodding discovery trying to bankrupt me!). #whines

But even walking Fergus hacks are better than nothing...

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Good luck all. Hang in there JFTD, just got to the other side of it myself and it’s so nice to be getting going again although you feel like you’ll never get going at the time I know.

I’m having an arena hire with Tullia this morning and a lesson on Cyprian this afternoon. His new feet competition debut is on Sunday with Prelim 2. Had an arena hire with him last night and he was great although a bit unable to go in straight lines or do a decent canter transition BUT he did improve loads by the end of the hour. Oh and he’s getting his mane pulled as well.

rachk89

Visit site
Clinic this weekend for me in dressage. See if the instructor sees an improvement and what else we can do to help my boy get fitter properly and avoid hurting his back again. :)

Bernster

Visit site
Didn't realise you still had cyprian FW, pleased he's going ok for you.

Lots of exciting new moves for people.

I'm also due to get soggy at a sponsored ride on Sunday , forecast is not good. Still waiting on lorry repairs tho, so might not make it. Need to do more jump practice generally so will pop a few in the school on Saturday. Had a fab jump lesson on Tuesday so want to maintain that feeling!

Have fun everyone.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Yes I was planning to sell him but we will see. Had been worried about his foot balance / length of toe etc and been brushed off for months by the professionals. Anyway turned out I was right and I’ve had him shod to X-rays twice now and the difference is quite phenomenal, imo! I am annoyed that I did not insist on X-rays at the start. As it’s such a radical change I’ve been bringing him back into work gradually since then but doing everything except jumping now. Should be jumping in a month.

21687763_485169335175333_572470920303378671_n.jpg

madamebonnie

Visit site
Moving yards :D :D :D SO excited for winter as now George is fit, just got a new (to me) saddle that fits ME as well as him so no stopping us now....apart from imminent lameness that is bound to happen as is the way with horses!

But I will be equally sad to leave behind some really good friends.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No plans! Nothing, nada, zilch.

Kira's batteries are depleted so it's just a bit of pottering about with Millie and sorting the pile of filthy kit out from the native champs ;) Probably ought to catch up on the housework too, boo! Have fun everyone who is out & about :D

Arniebear

Visit site
I usually miss this thread but we are a bit quiet over lunch today so thought id check in!!

I'm spending my entire weekend at Little Downham :D

Tomorrow we have a run in the BE90 and Sunday i'm fence judging all day!! I have stupidly early times.... 8am dressage... whhhhhyyyyyyy!!! So tonight will be a dash home from work to walk courses, bath and plait the pony who currently resembles a mud monster from the deep! He is challenging his inner Irish Bog pony!!

Best of Luck to those out and about, i'll look forward to reading some reports :)

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Not on a real horse but have a mechanical horse riding lesson at Equipilates through BD which I am looking forward to - will be interesting to see if what I think is a problem, actually is!

CrazyMare

Visit site
I'm now not going jumping tonight as I have a lesson tomorrow. Can't wait. First time my flat trainer has met Eddie because of him being busy, me being busy, then he has been abroad. Repeat endlessly.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Good luck all. Hang in there JFTD, just got to the other side of it myself and it’s so nice to be getting going again although you feel like you’ll never get going at the time I know.

Cheers. It's all a bit bleak at the moment. But it will get better. It has to, sooner or later!

Good luck with the dressage - the feet change is incredible...!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Goodness, lots of people moving yards, gearing up for winter and indulging in soggy riding experiences. I'm having a bit of a regroup and schooling progress period at the moment, so it's lovely to read about everyone else's happenings.

Looking good on the feet FW, I reckon C is one of those that takes a year or two to get to the bottom of, but then will start to surprise you.

Happy recharge MP.

Frustrating about the buying JFTD, hopefully things start to pick up in the next few weeks

DirectorFury

Visit site
Sorry you're not having any luck JFTD, I wish you were closer to me. Now Mad is coming back into work in a few weeks I'm really going to struggle for time with 2.

Glad Cyprian is going again FW :).

Best of luck to everyone for this weekend!
I'm not doing anything horsey yet again. Work has been manic with all the new students and I've not seen either horse for at least 2 weeks. I'm out tonight (celebrating the end of the worse fortnight of the year :p ) and going motorbike equipment shopping tomorrow and Sunday - planning on new boots, helmet, and all-in-one leathers; assuming they have my size in stock.
Might try and have a very quick ride on Monday after my morning teaching if I can sneak away :).

zaminda

Visit site
I'm in Wales for an endurance ride. Plan is 80k race ride tomorrow and a 42k graded ride Sunday. However as we got here late today we have to vet in the morning. Will be avoiding the mass start with everyone following a pace car down the road tomorrow as even though my mare is now 17 she is still not mentally ready for that! Hopefully I will be alive and able to walk come Monday.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
JFTD I’m glad you think so. I’ve shown those pics to a lot of people (horsey professionals!) who have been asking where I’ve been and it’s amazing how most of them cannot see “it”. Bizarre and no wonder there are so many badly shod horses in the country. Fingers crossed you can see the chestnut soon.

Had a lovely trial in a Devocoux saddle yesterday. Carbon fibre tree. Like sitting in an arm chair. Seemed to drop onto the cob like it was made for her (which I did not expect!). But she said no! Wouldn’t canter in it. Put her old crappy wrong colour ancient H&C saddle back on and she cantered straight away. HUM. Well at least she says no at the time and not 3 months after you’ve sold a kidney to kit her out. Not sure if it was just the different feel or what but the fitter is really nice and said I can get it to trial at a lesson once I’ve got the canter more established. Can’t say fairer than that.

Dabdab I think you are right about C. He’s a world of difference from what I’m used to (and I can’t sit to the canter again!) but my coach thinks I have and will learn a lot from him so I’ll keep plugging on for now. Had a great lesson on him yesterday. Considering he hasn’t been schooled for months he was so good and tried so hard. Really enjoyed it.

Also got his mane pulled while we were there and he looks so much smarter lol.

Today I am transforming hairy bog Daisy into beautiful clipped and hogged Daisy as she is going to her new home tomorrow. End of an era but at least I am well horsed now which I wasn’t when I actually sold her lol.