Weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Bit cooler here today with even a bit of rain :eek3:

What's everyone got planned?

Kira is off to the Welsh Dressage Champs at Mount Ballan tomorrow, I'm doing a PSG test ride with Harry Payne tomorrow afternoon and then the medium and advanced medium champs over the weekend.

Last year we got fairly thrashed but decided to go back anyway cos it was a fun show and she has regionals there in a few weeks so will be good to get into the arena there a few times.

Tuesday I have a lesson.. unsure at the moment whether Kira will have recovered from her exertions or whether to bite the bullet and take Salty... :rolleyes3:

Have fun everyone

ihatework

Visit site
Rain?! What is this you speak of, please share it!
Good luck at Mount Ballan, hope the little diva struts her stuff well.

Reasonably quiet one here - Giant pony has his second (proper) jockey 2 days in a row today & tomorrow so his big welsh butt will hopefully be well in gear. I’ll hack Saturday and do a gallop set on Sunday. He then has a lesson on Monday and dressage on Wednesday

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Good luck MP!

Henry is going to arena hire to do some show jumping on Saturday at a venue he has a competition at in 2 weeks. Coolie is going to come too to supervise!

Sunday Henry and I have our first adult riders rally. Looking forward to it. Hoping to get him used to working in groups and have some fun while we are at it. Trying to convince husband that he should join us with Coolie!

Michen

Visit site
Boggle currently chilling in the field on holiday. He’s worked hard up till now and the school is a bit deep for him, plus rock hard ground, figured a holiday now would be a good time. Off to Crown Farm unaff on Sunday grooming for a friend.

Need some rain!

Wheels

Visit site
We had very light rain here yesterday most of the day. Today is a bit cooler as a result.

Today and tomorrow are statutory holidays so a nice long weekend for me

Had a jumping lesson this morning which was great fun, M went really well, he does love his jumping.

Tomorrow I will probably hack, school on Saturday and then possibly go SJ training show on Sunday

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Just light hacking here.
Had *thought* about putting latest addition in v local stressage on Sunday for her 1st outing, but they are not starting till 12.30 onwards, and as it's going to be v hot again & I have v good friends lunchtime bbqs to attend, I'll pass on that!

Good luck to those competing :)

lauracwd2

Visit site
New to the weekend plans thread but I do like to read it :) I'm competing in the Scottish Trec Championships this weekend! It's our first ever Trec competition so we're starting at level 1 pairs to see how it goes.

Alibear

Visit site
Another camp weekend for us, this time somewhere else and there's a chance of some cowboy dressage and perhaps some garrocha and vaquero work too :)

Denbob

Visit site
D is still on box rest so nothing fun for us - been looking into TREC once he gets going again (plus in hand agility stuff!)

Will be headed to Yeovil show on Sunday with work so will be admiring all the gorgeous heavy horses, coloured and sports horse classes (can't imagine i'll be doing much work with so much other fun stuff to watch!) as well as watching the BS and fantasizing about getting fatty confident and fit enough to go one day!

Last edited:

monte1

Visit site
My horse, dog and I are off to a horse camp tomorrow for three days at Bucklebury Equestrian, am so excited..feel like a little kid going to PC camp :)

A lovely friend of ours has organised the whole thing and has three super trainers lined up, covering flatwork, SJ and XC . plus there is fab hacking there if we want it.

Most of all looking forward to some lovely horse time with a great bunch of people!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Topaz is off to Regionals Sunday, Skylla might go do some jumping Saturday, if I locate my brave knickers and get back from house viewing in time.

Cooler here but not much precipitation so far...

Crackerz

Visit site
It started cloudy and cooler today, but bam, lunch time and sun blazing again! Yuck.

Tomorrow i have a day off work to get stuff done, Saturday i have a long run, ponies, then off to Twickenham to see Eminem! Sunday = mostly ponies

Hannahgb

Visit site
A quiet one for ponies this weekend. Just got a new jump saddle so will have a little pop at home Saturday.
Seeing Eminem Sunday so ponies will have a quiet day!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Ooh good luck, what level are you doing?

My test ride has just been cancelled :rolleyes: :( ho hum, might book in an arena hire tomorrow when we arrive then!

Medium silver, doing AF's for AM again this year.

Super glad I'm not gold as CDJ is coming to Somerford again, how funny would it be for the fatty cart horse to be in the same class as her :lol:!

Boo to the test ride being cancelled :(.

Asha

Visit site
That's a shame MP, It sounded very exciting ( haven't a clue what test riding is, im assuming a fancy lesson, with an equally fancy instructor practising a test?)

As the ground is so hard, ive decided no more BE events until we get enough rain to make a difference, so Aria is off BSJA on Saturday. Then sunday my daughter and I are taking the two Irish draughts for a sj lesson. Its been way to long since me and Pip did anything.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Busy one for me... Hunter trials Saturday with Max and Ginny then Stafford BE80T for Amber on Sunday. I assume they are equivating and watering the ground! They said they are on FB so hopefully the going should be ok.... Been a weird season with the early events being snowed off and now events being sunned off!!

Have fun at camp everyone who is off to one and good luck to everyone competing.

Antw23uk

Visit site
Off to CAMP Friday and cannot wait. First time taking myself and mare is feeling and going great at the moment. Will be good to catch up with everyone from last year and meet new people.

43362631301_62254c5456_b.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
That's a shame MP, It sounded very exciting ( haven't a clue what test riding is, im assuming a fancy lesson, with an equally fancy instructor practising a test?)

lol, yep pretty much :)
Was booked with a list 1 judge, so usually you ride the test you have chosen and then receive feedback, with the chance to practice or improve some sections and receive comments again.

I think I'm cursed, that's the second I've booked to go through the PSG test that has been cancelled :(

blood_magik

Visit site
Good luck MP :)

Raz is back out after his break - doing our AF warmup test so hoping to run through it tomorrow with my trainer. Think I need a few more runs to get it memorised properly before Sunday.

In other news, Ellie comes home from
Boot camp on Tuesday and we’ve finally been given the all-clear to get back on Henry. He had his saddle checked this afternoon so we’re all set to do our first ridden session next week. :)

Our new arena is so close to being finished. Currently doing a rain dance so the fibres can be mixed in tomorrow morning. So exited :D

1q4950.png

Last edited:
Visit site
Good luck MP :)

Raz is back out after his break - doing our AF warmup test so hoping to run through it tomorrow with my trainer. Think I need a few more runs to get it memorised properly before Sunday.

In other news, Ellie comes home from
Boot camp on Tuesday and we’ve finally been given the all-clear to get back on Henry. He had his saddle checked this afternoon so we’re all set to do our first ridden session next week. :)

Our new arena is so close to being finished. Currently doing a rain dance so the fibres can be mixed in tomorrow morning. So exited :D

1q4950.png

Very jealous of your school! It looks lovely!

I am stewarding on Saturday up at Kirrie show - I believe you should always put something back into the sport you love a couple of times a year! Not showing on Sunday now as I can't be faffed lol! But I will have The Wee Coloured Job out at the Scottish Horse Show on Tuesday.

rara007

Visit site
Chicken show saturday!
The equivalent to riding club driven HDT ODE (as part of a 2DE) Sunday :) Undecided what I'm taking- entered my pair of Pip and Dexter but might take Cheeri!

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
I'm going to fly some birds of prey tomorrow, then try a horse and go to the zoo sunday. So a quiet weekend here and a break from showing before the mad prep for royal welsh next weekend

Bernster

Visit site
Off to CAMP Friday and cannot wait. First time taking myself and mare is feeling and going great at the moment. Will be good to catch up with everyone from last year and meet new people.

43362631301_62254c5456_b.jpg

That looks like Quainton? Have fun at camp!

Ddraig that sounds like a fantastically country type of weekend there!

Still worried about the ground and the heat but am venturing out for a sj and xc clinic at Munstead on Sunday. They are on sand so hoping it’s rideable and have some ideas for how to keep him cool in between sessions. Will then just look for dressage or sj and stick to arenas until it gets cooler and wetter. Can you believe it, tsk.

Had an awesome lesson yesterday when everything just fell into place. And have stuck to my resolution of trying to jump little but often and def feel an improvement in my technique and my nerves!

Fiona

Visit site
It's our local big show tomorrow so son and I are each entered in a M&M showing class.

They also have unaff SJ but the ground is too hard to even consider jumping on grass 😣😣

Good luck everyone competing and training... Hope it isn't too hot.

Ohh and I spent hours writing my stay away show report and putting the pics in, but only ester has replied, so if anyone fancies having a look it would be much appreciated.

Lots of moans about nobody doing reports any more, but then they get ignored 😭😭

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck Fiona in the M&Ms - which show is that?

Unfortunately I lost one of my dogs this morning after surgery on wednesday so I am going to hack out now and probably again tomorrow, can't face much else.

Wish you all luck and fun whatever you're up to this weekend

Michen

Visit site
Hugs xxx

Good luck Fiona in the M&Ms - which show is that?

Unfortunately I lost one of my dogs this morning after surgery on wednesday so I am going to hack out now and probably again tomorrow, can't face much else.

Wish you all luck and fun whatever you're up to this weekend

Bob notacob

Visit site
Poo sweeping ,for a friend cos thats what friends are for . Then I am going to give the BHS stage two teach trainees a hard time ,cos I,m also Bad. lol.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Phew what a weekend! Yesterdays arena hire was bloody great, if a bit cold and wet. Henry was such a super baby, taking it all in and doing a super job at jumping in a nice rhythm. He got a bit excited the first time we cantered a little spread but calmed down the next time over it! Coolie had a nice few rounds too, I kept it short and easy for him though.
IMG_2690.PNG

Today we had our first adult riders rally. Henry was so much more relaxed than I thought he would be. He didn't care about everything going on around him, just focusing on what I was asking him to do. I am very pleased with how he is coming on. He is such a laid back little guy, and once he understand what is expected of him he just gets on with it!

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend!