Weekend Plans

Wheels

Visit site
Taking the pressure off Milliepops lol

I'm currently sat in the airport waiting for my flight to England for a 3 day clinic with one of Philippe Karl's instructors from Germany. I would have loved to be taking M but the travel is a bit too much for him still at 5 yrs old so a lovely friend is lending me on of her horses. Fab :)

scats

Visit site
Millie’s first prelim on Sunday. Very much a ‘see how it goes’ thing, given that I’m still hugely struggling hugely with major intolerance to any physical exertion and trot and canter work is practically killing me at present. As a result of this, Millie’s canter work can vary hugely.
To still be upright and breathing by the end of the test is my main aim!

humblepie

Visit site
Have fun all. We are on some down time, horse and I both re charging our batteries after a busy time so catching up with non horse stuff. Looking forward to reports.

Pippity

Visit site
I'm still lacking a saddle (oh, for an AH Saddles fitter who actually responded to texts, calls or emails. I want to spend several thousand pounds with you. Please let me) so plans this weekend are for yet more groundwork. I've ridden her bareback a little, but she got very worried and lost all brakes and steering. Considering her excellent brakes are what sold me on her, I think I'll pass on the bareback for now.

Fiona

Visit site
My LO has his pony club show on Saturday, and I've entered arena eventing on Sunday.....

We had a brilliant time last weekend where LO and his pony were first in the RC area champs (and my connie went great too though unplaced) and a great lesson last night (supposed to be raised poles but instructor was sick so ended up a jumping lesson :) ), so fingers crossed our good luck continues.....

monte1

Visit site
Just booked day off tomorrow, so weekend starts then yaay...
Friday test run through, tack cleaning and a hack
Saturday is our second shoot day of season , i will be picking up with my Cocker and hoping my young springer bitch takes appropriate notes and follows in his footsteps ;-) - she was very steady last week at her first one, so we shall see.
gratuitous photo of my three lovely dogs having a snooze ! :)

Sunday is our Riding Club Dressage qualifier , have been persuaded to do Novice 34 - slightly nervous as haven't done too many novice tests but this one seems to suit us- so we will give it our very best shot !

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends of camping, competing and whatever else :)

Attachments

• threegundogsinabed.jpg
    threegundogsinabed.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4

JFTDWS

Visit site
Sounds interesting wheels - will you report back?

Hope everyone has fun competing / not dying! Nothing doing here - working Saturday and can't find anything fun to do on Sunday. I really need to get a grip and take the mare out to some arena hire with decent jumps, but I haven't managed it yet...

Mosh

Visit site
Can I join in?
Saturday morning I've got a lesson with my fabulous friend to put my riding back together after we had an accident last weekend (my mare is fine. I came off much worse!) Also aiming for some winter dressage so all good stuff.
Sunday we'll probably go for a hack if the weather holds out.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Kira had a lesson today, she had 2 weeks off over wedding/honeymoon so some things are a little rusty but she tried super hard and did some really good work.

Show on Saturday, just an AM music, then PSG Area Festival final on Tuesday, an overnighter for us. Seems like a long time since we were out in tails but the advanced work is feeling quite good at the moment.

Salty is woolly and still a bit in holiday mode so she will just be doing some work at home :p not planning to clip her til I get back next week as it's just easier for my long suffering friend who looks after her for me while Kira is off gallivanting, if she doesn't have to make rug decisions o_O;)

Snowfilly

Visit site
Riding school showjumping on Sunday, as much as I would like my own to jump again, this hiring of random horses is exciting. I pay a bit less in exchange for riding whoever's left over, so I'll know Saturday night who I'll be riding and what classes we're doing.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have our last event of the season. Tonight I have to ride, wash, plait and pack. Tomorrow it's up early to take one horse to the vet to get an abscess checked, before racing home to go to the event for my dressage time at 1. The weather is warming up too, with temperature in the high 20's. That would be fine except it's been cold up to now! Better than rain I guess.

Good luck all, have fun!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Well, had a bit of a disaster last week when I burst out of my black DeNiros and wasn't sure I'd get new boots to go out and have a lesson on Sunday! I've put on some timber!! Luckily yesterday I managed to get to the tack shop and pick myself up another pair. Exactly the same boots but this time a foot size and a calf size up! I also decided to go crazy and go for brown.

So, PHEW, we can still go out for our lesson on Sunday. It's going to be our first proper trip out so I'm very excited. Also looking forward to seeing what Chilli makes of arena mirrors o_O

Saturday I'm teaching a polework clinic all day. I think I have five hour long groups so will have lost my voice by the evening! A little nervous as I haven't taught since I broke my leg at the end of May but I think I'll be fine. Positive vibes still appreciated though!

Attachments

• 44819299_317458049079920_7287559620040589312_n.jpg
    44819299_317458049079920_7287559620040589312_n.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 8

zaminda

Visit site
Good luck everyone. I'm off to larkhill on Sunday with my little New Forest. He had a lovely time a few weeks ago, and went showjumping last weekend so is happily back doing what he likes best. Hopefully he will do more jumping over the winter, as he is such a dude, although he has to share parties with my Irish, who also likes jumping!

Sprat

Visit site
I’m taking Bean off to her first arena Eventing tomorrow, and quite frankly bricking it. I walked the course this evening and the fences are just bigger than I anticipated, and wide!

Please send calming happy thoughts as I’m concerned we may die. Not looking forward to the 05:30 wake up either ☹️

Surbie

Visit site
We're going to our first dressage compy. I think the 'we missed you' card means my not-so-new jacket has arrived so I may look vaguely ok-ish as long as the listing was accurate.

It is only an Intro, but even the idea of a busy warm-up area is a bit scary. Key aims are: staying inside the boards (horse has previously left at speed), going the same way & speed as is written on the paper and not puking on my shoes with nerves.

Good luck everyone, and particularly Sprat. :D

Sprat

Visit site
We're going to our first dressage compy. I think the 'we missed you' card means my not-so-new jacket has arrived so I may look vaguely ok-ish as long as the listing was accurate.

It is only an Intro, but even the idea of a busy warm-up area is a bit scary. Key aims are: staying inside the boards (horse has previously left at speed), going the same way & speed as is written on the paper and not puking on my shoes with nerves.

Good luck everyone, and particularly Sprat. :D

Good luck to you as well, enjoy it! I’m sure you’ll have a fab time with limited vomiting 🤣