Weekend Plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
This feels like a very long week!

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

We will have the now-usual arena hire and then on Sunday we have Simon Battram from Step Into Dressage coming to the yard to do a clinic. Really looking forward to that, I've had a couple of lessons with Kira before which were so useful. I'm going to ride Salty too this time.

Tuesday off to Olympia for the dressage freestyle.

Have fun everyone :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes, exceptionally long...at work I always seem to land up with sorting tons of stuff out at this time of the year, because around the beginning of December every man and his dog realises that they have done sod all towards their objectives and suddenly start firing out trial plans :rolleyes:

Nothing special planned - just hacking, enjoying ponies and Christmas shopping.

I'm starting to get itchy fingers to book Arts into a comp, but I must resist as she's really not there yet, and I should at least test the waters with her sharing a school with another horse first ;)

Have fun at the clinic with both. It must be quite strange getting off one onto the other with your two no?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Is it Thursday? This week does seem long. I wanted to hack this weekend but we've got some Weather forecast... 60mph gusts on Saturday. So will mostly be working The Beast in the school as best we can around the worst of it. Perhaps also attempting to initiate Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Chippers1

Visit site
Nothing planned for this weekend, boooo. Work Christmas party on Saturday so i'm likely to be hungover so haven't booked anything in! Will probably go for a hack and try and fit around the Saturday lessons for a jump in the school.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I'm actually going to do a 30 min hack on Saturday! Who hoo! 😎
Away over night, so will weather check before plotting same on Sunday :)
Been back in ridden work 9 days now, so increasing from 20 mins walking with a short trot, to a little longer for the next week. Back, as in she had 4&half months emergency maternity leave, so has kept pretty field fit in between :)

Wheels

Visit site
I am having a long weekend with no working! Finished work at 4pm today and not back until Tuesday! Bliss!

Tomorrow is a sorting stuff out day, physio is coming, and farrier, will get my housework done and some cooking to leave the rest of the weekend free. Hopefully will fit in a hack at some point.

Saturday I have arena hire (indoors because it's going to be blinking miserable)

Sunday we're going to do another derby so that should be good fun :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Going to pick up Muffin McClay, my new horse, from the trainer tomorrow and spend the weekend introducing him to Ludo and getting to know him myself. I might hop on if the weather is kind and he seems settled, otherwise not.

Muffin Mclay! Great name. Max is a Hairy Mclary at the moment x

DressageCob

Visit site
I've got lessons on Saturday with both horses, just doing flat work. We did trotting poles with Albert today, for the first time since he lost his eye. It was wonderfully uneventful. His little ears pricked forwards when we turned towards the line. So cute :)

In the afternoon I'm viewing a house, nearer to the ponies. Fingers crossed!

Sunday I have another couple of lessons. Jumping with the big cob and playing with the little one.

DressageCob

Visit site
Going to pick up Muffin McClay, my new horse, from the trainer tomorrow and spend the weekend introducing him to Ludo and getting to know him myself. I might hop on if the weather is kind and he seems settled, otherwise not.

Fabulous name!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Fabulous name!!

Isn't it? Can hardly believe just how lovely he is either! Don't be fooled by his ROR advert if you see it, they've done a terrible job marketing him, my good luck I needed a companion quickly and took a chance viewing because he was close.

I hope your viewing this weekend goes as well :)

Mule

Visit site
Was planning on going dressaging but it's been cancelled so instead of practicing my tests I'm going to go for a nice long hack tomorrow😁
I'm having a lesson on Saturday and we'll probably do some schooling and hacking on Sunday. I've also started clicker training with him, which is fun, so we'll do that too.

Bernster

Visit site
Quiet one Saturday so will have a pootle about. Then have the whole day to spend doing horsey stuff which I’ve missed so much. Dec has been busy with non horsey stuff so looking forward to it. Might put a few jumps up to keep my eye in.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
On Saturday, I'll be sharing my mounts. Not literally - we're not doubling up on one pony, I presume we'll have one each :p On Sunday I'll be hacking by myself, same as I do nearly every day, when there's nothing exciting to go do.

I think it’s fair to say that neither of us are likely to get that close and personal :eek:

Pippity

Visit site
I'd booked us in for an Intro dressage test on Sunday, but our transport fell through and Blue isn't fit enough to hack 2.5 miles, do a dressage test, then hack 2.5 miles home, so we're giving it a miss.

It's possibly for the best, because I'm also hoping to get her clipped on Saturday and back to looking like a show cob, rather than a disreputable fluffy punk. (Her mohawk is better than mine was in my punk days.)

Fiona

Visit site
I'd booked us in for an Intro dressage test on Sunday, but our transport fell through and Blue isn't fit enough to hack 2.5 miles, do a dressage test, then hack 2.5 miles home, so we're giving it a miss.

It's possibly for the best, because I'm also hoping to get her clipped on Saturday and back to looking like a show cob, rather than a disreputable fluffy punk. (Her mohawk is better than mine was in my punk days.)

Before and after pics needed 🤣

Fiona

rosiesowner

Visit site
Well... This weekend has gone to pot a bit. Working tomorrow and Sunday cancelled mine and Chills' lesson as am off to see my OH who is currently in hospital about an hour away, as if something else needed to go wrong at the moment! It's only appendicitis but I was totally miserable when I had it so I know how he feels. I do however really wish he'd listened to me when I said two days ago that there's not many other reasons for a very fit and healthy young bloke to have severe right hand side abdominal pain *rolls eyes emoji*. So I think Lucozade and chocolate are high on the list of Sunday priorities with riding not so much. :(

But on Tuesday I will also be at Olympia to watch the freestyle. If you bump into a blonde curly person feel free to say hi :D

oldie48

Visit site
A bit late catching this but Friday I hacked Rose out with a friend. This is only the second time i've hacked her as the first time she walked out so well I doubted anyone of my friend's horses would keep up with her. Yesterday she was bright but sensible and a lot more settled. Today she was lunged and I can see that she's already put some muscle on. Tomorrow I am going to a Simon Battram clinic, I'm sure you can guess where. I just hope the weather improves as it's very cold and wet ATM. so far, so good with Rose, she seems very straightforward both to handle and to ride.