Weekend plans

Wheels

Visit site
got a few pics through from our first 90cm class last weekend.

The water tray one shows how much of a trier he is even when I get the striding all wrong :D I was a bit out of balance but the boy's got scope

check out M's wardrobe malfunction in the 2nd pic!! happened part way around the course but I didn't realise until I'd dismounted... scary

50446395_10156192929572725_8769083415992467456_n.jpg

50570741_10156192930052725_7565488895089967104_n.jpg

50283417_10156192933972725_4379088989315923968_n.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
The leather girth strap stitching broke down and the strap came away from the webbing! I suppose that's why there are 2 each side - had it stitched back on and am assured the other stitching is safe. I do regularly check but obviously my checks are not quite robust enough! Good job we weren't XC

J&S

Visit site
I had a girth break completely whilst going full blast across one of the open greens on the New Forest. The world started to turn..... most odd sensation..... then the big bump! Saddle beside me on the ground. Mare very obligingly pulled up. It was a lamp wick girth and I had been scrupulously washing it but had, on this occasion omitted to oil the leather bits that joined onto the buckles, therefore the buckles came clean through the leather with the extra muscle motion in galloping. I still use lamp wick girths but now they do not have leather to join the buckles on, I suspect the same thing must have happened to other people. So pleased you got round safely, horse looks great.

Reacher

Visit site
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Good luck Dressage_cob tomorrow. Great pictures Wheels., glad the other strap held.
Up early today to trailer Mr H to local arena for an 8am saddle fit followed by lesson. Practicing riding a grid on the centre line, arena is a bit less than 20m wide which makes the turns in canter a bit tight, even for Mr H who is just 15hh. Trying to change canter lead after jumps each time, getting better though normally he prefers landing on the right , today preferred landing on the left lead....
Indoor jumping tomorrow, it's a 1 hour 45 minutes drive and I'm trying to psyche myself to go as we've not done much this winter.

Fiona

Visit site
Crikey wheels, that was a bit of a shock :(
Gorgeous pics otherwise though:)

Ratbag Daisy had F off this morning, she was fresh but going well until nearly the end, and then she gave a buck and stopped nearly dead :(

Knew I should have lunged her first, an she'd been off since Tuesday after a back treatment...

The rest of us had a nice though drizzly hack.

Fiona

DirectorFury

Visit site
That's a scary wardrobe malfunction Wheels :eek:. The jumping looks great though!
I utterly failed at riding today. It was sunny when I left the house and the forecast for the yard was that it would be dry. I got about 3 miles from the yard (~20 miles from home) and it was raining again :mad: - the road up to the yard had turned into a stream and you couldn't see tarmac at all. I went and gave Maddie a pat and a few mints then got in the car and came straight home - where it was still dry - again.
Better luck tomorrow hopefully.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I had a girth break completely whilst going full blast across one of the open greens on the New Forest. The world started to turn..... most odd sensation..... then the big bump! Saddle beside me on the ground. Mare very obligingly pulled up. It was a lamp wick girth and I had been scrupulously washing it but had, on this occasion omitted to oil the leather bits that joined onto the buckles, therefore the buckles came clean through the leather with the extra muscle motion in galloping. I still use lamp wick girths but now they do not have leather to join the buckles on, I suspect the same thing must have happened to other people. So pleased you got round safely, horse looks great.

I had a brand new pair of stirrup leathers snap over the top of a fence. I fell under Amber's feet and she trod on me. I've become much more wary of tack failures since then.

Reacher

Visit site
Won the 75 cm seniors class (I don’t know if there were (m)any seniors in the class but a frilly is a frilly). 4 faults in the 85 cm as we were tanking.
(forum suddenly won’t let me upload photos from phone - says they are too big? Never been a problem before)

Fiona

Visit site
Well done reacher x x

F and I headed off to our dressage clinic today in style, as the lorry is home again with a shiny new alternator and battery...

I was worried about Daisy as she was quite fresh yesterday, but she was v well behaved.

Fionn was also v settled, and we got some great tips on test riding, including to do the transition when the horses shoulder passes the marker, and not to change diagonal on the centre line until G as it may cause horse to wobble...

It was v interesting.

We both have a WH jumping lesson tomorrow but will be v rushed as hubby and I both working.

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
Sounds like a good clinic Fiona :)

Where is the WH clinic? I really can't muster the energy in the winter to go to week day clinics, by the time I get home from work I barely have the energy for riding at home lol different in the summer

Fiona

Visit site
Sounds like a good clinic Fiona :)

Where is the WH clinic? I really can't muster the energy in the winter to go to week day clinics, by the time I get home from work I barely have the energy for riding at home lol different in the summer

Our local RC is based 20 min away, and PC is 35min away. Wouldn't go any further on a weeknight, and that's only because I'm part time, and get flexi hours so can leave Belfast for 3.30 if needed for 50 min commute...

Fiona

DressageCob

Visit site
My little cob behaved impeccably at his competition.

The working in was interesting. It was quiet so there were no issues with other horses coming at him or anything. But he was spooking at the surface. it was a usual black sand and rubber surface, which is the surface in one of the arenas at home too. But he spent a good while walking like he was on the moon, tilting his head so the empty socket was pointing to the floor. It was very weird. And I was thinking he'd be better off tilting the other way then he can actually see what he's spooking at. He's a dork.

The test went well. We got 66.78% and were fourth, which I was very pleased with since it's only our second time out since recent events. He didn't spook at all during the test, despite people coming and going in the gallery, various unexplained noises etc. He was in work mode so just listened to me.

I'm getting excited about taking him out again now. I will have to find another outing. I'm tempted to take him to do a clear round baby SJ in a couple of weeks. That might be insane but I'm very tempted!

blood_magik

Visit site
No show for us last weekend thanks to a two-day migraine 😡

The snow finally hit us today - I was supposed to go and collect henry from the vets this morning but my lorry couldn’t deal with the slope up to the top of the yard and I had to get my lovely neighbour to come and tow me out. 🙄

Tonight’s jumping clinic has also been cancelled so no show tomorrow either. 🤷‍♀️
Hopefully there’ll be something on locally Saturday.

Got my pics of Blue through from last weekend - stirrups definitely needed to go up a few holes 🤔

81B144BB-B81D-47CF-A314-FBD742E5BAC4.jpeg
289289A2-218C-476C-976F-0D5B503E7129.jpeg

Hope everyone had a good weekend 🙂