Weekend plans!

Bernster

Visit site
Nada, due to flu crack downs. Well, doing stuff at home but not out and about. SJ Saturday at home. Family stuff on Sunday.

Did have a lovely lesson last night, albeit not weekend plans - we attempted for the first time (for us both) a few steps of canter half pass. No idea what we were doing but we had a play and apparently on one rein we did a passable attempt. Am loving the progress we’re making, given that we are both dressage numpties!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Flatwork lesson tomorrow - love our new instructor he really makes us work hard :D
We have our first Affiliated! Dressage debut on Sunday ... o_Oeek!
Quite excited to be honest, but we are last in the class so will be warming up with the Elementary horses... but at least we wont have long to wait for results!

Last edited:

Chippers1

Visit site
Nothing too! Might try and set up a mini course on Sunday if the school is free, was booked in for trailblazers SJ but I've transferred the entry to their next comp in March. Doesn't look like my box will be done this week anyway! If it is I might just take him for a drive round the block to see how he likes travelling backwards (old box was forward facing).

Can't wait to get out again, it's been so long! Vaccs for him next week too so won't be going anywhere as it knocks him out for a week. 3rd of March hopefully we'll be back to it :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Getting back on Arts after a month of manic work schedule, me feeling pants and then snotty horses. But twinkle toes mare is looking and feeling great now so best get back on board and get rocking with some work 😁
Might start to pick pebbles back up a bit as well....really need to get a saddle to fit her - any suggestions for a saddle designed to fit on a barrel appreciated.

The big idiot is still pleading man flu so he will continue slumming it in the field.

Happy weekend everyone!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
My weekend started yesterday as I pottered off for an early flat lesson, my God I needed it.... and felt it after. B Fuzzy is blocking on the left, got to try bit changes I think. Just been working her in a paddock at home, never had the ground like this in Feb!
Work tomorrow... boo!

Sat is arena eventing clinic with RC, they have had a number drop out tho.... due to vacs not being up to date! 1st time I'll have popped anything apart from logs out hacking, since last July!
Sunday, supposed to be at Trec training, venue might cancel it tho. (Currently no flu in our county) but they are a big comp centre.

Good luck to those competing :)

albeg

Visit site
Dressage lesson in the yard tomorrow night. Was supposed to be running a TREC event on Saturday but we've postponed it so now seeing if a friend is available for a short photography half-day trip. Will spend the day at the yard if she isn't free. Then possible TREC paperwork/map drawing on Saturday evening or Sunday morning, and jumping in the yard on Sunday.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sound like some nice plans despite the flu then :)

We are just back from Summerhouse regionals, we were doing AM freestyle this year, first year I've tried for the music regionals and up until about 12.30 this afternoon I was wondering what on earth I had been thinking. Last year I got a new music track done for a PSG floorplan, thinking ahead, and then had to cobble together an AM floorplan in order to be able to do the RC music qualifiers. As we had done some practice runs at BD she was qualified for regionals but it's really not a good floorplan as the canter music is too long for AM and the trot is squashed together at the end :rolleyes:

Add to that Kira's pathological fear of indoor arenas... and no whips allowed even before the bell these days... I thought she'd stand on her back legs at the doorway and refuse to go in! :eek: Anyway, she was an absolute star in the warm up, felt super and then although the flowers and scary judges and *gasp* people sitting in the gallery were WAAAAY scary, she pulled her socks up and had a damn good go.

The canter work was all as good as I could have hoped in the circumstances, then she neighed really loudly in the ext walk :rolleyes: and cos no one answered then she gradually lost her nerve until the trot was a bit mincing. But we pulled it all off more or less, and it was enough for 67% and 6th place. Our first regional rosette!

Unmounted prize giving so had to try her frilly on in the lorry :)

Back tomorrow and Saturday to write, got a nice mix of classes :)

52094071_2345553608789469_1290160355552526336_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm working, and therefore just hacking, over the weekend. But I'm meant to be going jumping on Tuesday with the mare - plan is lots of work on rhythm, placing poles and a little gridwork - assuming nothing (else) gets in the way and cancels it :p

Though actually I may have a sneaky school on the orange one in my spare field as it's so dry... Both ponies are being very jolly to hack so they'll be getting as many miles under their hooves as I can manage too.

Fiona

Visit site
Well done milliepops :) x x

Fantastic result :) :)

I'm back to feeling meh again, so although hubby will no doubt try to march me out to SJ on Sat, I may dig my heels in. Fionn has chomped a split in his nathe rubber snaffle (and was very rude and strong riding in it last weekend), so I have tried a loose ring snaffle (he hated it), and now bought a new eggbutt (still to try).

There is also the option of all weather xc on Sunday.

Maybe by tomorrow I will be feeling more up for planning the weekend.

FIona

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Brilliant result MP!!

Cassie and I have got a clinic with Sara-Jane Lanning tomorrow afternoon, then I'm taking my pony and his sharer to a PC rally Saturday afternoon.
Really hoping this lovely weather will continue - it's been so sunny and warm today!

Have fun everyone, whether you are out and about, or sticking at home. :) x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I *think* I may have found a dressage saddle, and will take it to the RC pole work clinic to give it a try. Need to make my mind up by Monday.

I suspect the lessons will be quiet as 6 mth flu is required. I did a (different) RC clinic last night and less than half turned up, as passports were being checked before offloading. At least it is being taken seriously.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Well done MP!
Good luck to everyone who has plans and consolations to those who have been cancelled by flu. Chilli and I have a lesson this saturday morning. Feeling a little ill prepared as she had monday off, hacked tuesday and i brought her in yesterday with her shoe hanging off :rolleyes: farrier came this morning and fixed her up but i was conscious she may be a little tender so played it safe by going for another steady hack! so tomorrow we shall hopefully school in preparation!

Picked up a lovely silvery grey Pikeur show jacket for £50 in a sale today so itching to compete again for a chance to debut it! Next weekend, hopefully :)

Denbob

Visit site
Holiday livery is a go! The beast is being handed over into capable hands so we can both have a break and he can have some proper turnout... which means no 'I have no time' excuses and time to get my butt I'm the gym. Recommendations for riding fitness videos/plans welcomed :)

Well done MP fab result.
RO pictures of jacket debut required!
Hope you get to the bottom of bitting issues Fiona.

Good luck all!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Hope your boy perks up Chippers. Jenny has also been knocked sideways be her vaccination, poor baby. I contacted the old owner who says she reacts every time.

Well done MP,

That's a tight circle IHW!

Good luck to everyone competing and have fun all those out and about or making non horsey plans.

Amber and I will be spending the weekend chilling out and recovering as my rather clinic happy spree for Fab Feb has seen us ride tough 3 clinics in 2 days this week.... with a long hack planned tomorrow to finish the week off. Will post a report on the Fab Feb thread if I ever get round to it. Need a bath and about 12 hours sleep first!

scats

Visit site
Hope everyone has a good weekend. No fun for me unfortunately. I’ve gone downhill since my stomach virus, not sure if it’s an immune system flare up or just my body struggling to recover, but my mother is all for carting me off to hospital if I continue. Girls have got their flu jabs tomorrow. Had to cancel the saddler though.

Trinket12

Visit site
We're having an annoying amount of snow at the moment (I'm on the West Coast of Canada, where it's not supposed to do this!). But if the weather behaves itself, I have a riding lesson tomorrow, am teaching on Saturday and another lesson on Sunday. I love my horsie weekends, it's what gets me through the 9 am to 5 pm grind!

Oh and also hoping to go meet Patch, my potential lease horse :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Wow, fantastic result MP, and in the face of a mass of threatening flowers too!

What saddle are you trying red?

Oh scats, you really are having a rough time. Hope you feel better soon x

blood_magik

Visit site
We’re staying at home this weekend so I’m jump shopping to make things a bit more interesting 👻😄

Well done MP... fab result

ETA - think I’m going to go for this:

Attachments

• 676D7497-7B78-427A-99E8-26E6277F0A95.jpeg
    676D7497-7B78-427A-99E8-26E6277F0A95.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1D600B80-CC9E-41B8-8600-70AA7EB841C3.jpeg
    1D600B80-CC9E-41B8-8600-70AA7EB841C3.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 2

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well done MP!

Get well soon Scats, that sounds very unpleasant.

The boys both got their teeth done yesterday so we have a quiet weekend planned, just hacking out with friends. Our last weekend before things start getting busy so going to make the most of it!

Mule

Visit site
Schooling tomorrow, then hacking on Saturday then we'll see on Sunday. I really miss having access to a gallops. It was great at this time of year.

Orchard14

Visit site
Arena eventing Saturday - trying to turn my 15yo dressage horse into a low-level eventer and fun horse. I decided the higher level dressage movements are beginning to become a bit too much for her now but vet says we are fine to jump and canter and do all the things she (and I if I'm being honest) enjoys most for the latter end of her competition career. If I'm still feeling brave I will be taking my rising 5yo out for our first canter on Sunday out on the fields at home. Neck strap firmly intact!