Weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Gorgeous sunny day here, much more inspiring than the gloom we've had lately. Anyway, what's everyone up to?

Kira and i are just back from a lesson where the buzz word was "Reactivity".... she has all the gears we need for her work but it's taking too long to shift between them. One useful exercise that we will practice lots was going from the limits of her collection to the limits of extension (nearly ;) ) from marker to marker. Travel in half steps for one marker, then extended trot a marker, and back again so there's really no time to develop the difference in pace, it has to be a proper transition. Same with piri canter to a strong medium canter and back again. Really useful exercise. :) Ended up with some super uphill sitting half steps and tidy little piris so definitely worth continuing!

Saturday we have a test riding clinic with Tessa Thorne, haven't ridden for her before so that will be another set of eyes.

Wednesday is show time :)

Have fun everyone

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
It's little Lily pony's b-day today so I have just bought some veggies to make her a delicious cake for later - she's 14 bless her.

BD on Sunday with Rocky, doing 2 tests again :oops: N27 & N28.
I love the venue so really looking forward to it :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Good luck to all! x

Chippers1

Visit site
Another local show working hunter for me, M&M large breed 70cm. Need to give him another bath but might just do his neck this time so he doesn't hate me. Hopefully this one won't take 5 hours to wait for my class...

Still waiting for my ramp to be fixed, currently has duct tape on it so no more moisture gets in - think I might have to sack off the guy I had doing it as he just doesn't reply to my messages! Luckily it's still useable, just looks horrendous ha ha.

Good luck to everyone competing and enjoy the sun :)

Pippity

Visit site
Well, the plan was for our usual lesson tomorrow evening, then off on my hols for two weeks with Blue left to my instructor's tender care. Unfortunately, my yard now has a second horse down with a cold, so all the others from that field are going onto early 24/7 turnout and being isolated as much as is practical. So it looks like Blue will be having two weeks off, rather than two weeks of professional schooling, which is rather annoying.

Both sick horses have tested clear for flu and strangles, and Blue's completely up to date with all her jabs, so I'm telling myself there's no need to worry. Of course, I'm still panicking madly because she's my first horse, I've only had her for six months, and contact will be extremely spotty and email-only for one of my weeks away.

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck Michen.. and Chippers1...

That sounds like an amazing lesson MP :)

For the first time in months, we have NOTHING on this weekend... :) :)

Spectating at local event on Saturday, and will build a spooky WH course with all the fillers for F and Daisy too.

The following week we are out Monday (flat lesson), Thursday (day camp), Friday (PC SJ team) and Saturday (WH comp), and Easter week we are out Wed (WH show), Thurs (day camp)and Sat (Northern Ireland Festival) and Sun (PC tetrathlon) so I think a chilled out weekend in preparation will do us good.

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Sounds like a great lesson MP. Hope your yard gets back to normal soon Pippity. Sure Blue will be fine if the nasties have been ruled out.

Good luck to all those competing. Sounds like a lot of us are busy!

I had a tune up lesson today - first time I have jumped Amber in a school for about 3 weeks but she hasn't forgotten! More surprisingly neither have I. We ended up down a grid with a 115cm oxer at the end of it. She made fairly light work of it!

This was in preparation for Eland Lodge BE90 on Saturday. I am trying not to jinx it BUT..... Eland is somewhere I go a lot and Amber has show-jumped well there before. She has also jumped clear round the 80 course unaffiliated. So DC should be perfectly possible. Or at least a XC clear even if we have a pole. But I guess it depends which Amber emerges from the box that day!

zaminda

Visit site
My plan is to take Mindy to Pembry on Sunday for the 32k. I say plan as it is only Thursday and she spent an hour galloping up and down the hillside refusing to be caught and at 23 I worry she will damage herself before her big day! She did 23k on Monday and was bonkers and is currently shaking in excitement whilst being shod so fingers crossed!
Good luck everyone, sounds like we are all preparing for some exciting times!

Fiona

Visit site
Ohh and I forgot about my own pony - poor chap...

The preliminary results are back from his scope on Monday. Shows mild inflammation only (which is good) but there are bacteria present too and the results from their culture won't be available until the start of the week :( Vet doesn't want to medicate until all results available so he is just on bute (as an anti-inflammatory) until the start of the week when he will decide whether Fionn needs steroids or antibiotics....

Its still all very worrying, as I've a good friend who lost a pony with pneumonia (initially bought on by mild choke) :( :(

Fiona

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Quiet hack tomorrow and Sat, then individual dressage (get me!) lesson at RC on Sunday, as I had a session with this trainer yesterday and B Fuzzy came away having had part of her 'party' tools confiscated...... (I came away brimming with a purpose)..... hope we can remove a few more!
Good luck to those competing x

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Aria is off doing her first event of the season at Eland Lodge. We've never been, ive heard its lovely, so looking forward to it. Shes doing the 90, just checked the times and we have a nice leisurely start with a dressage time of 12.42

see you there AE !

I am on at 8:06!! So I may be long gone before you even arrive! Have a great day. It is a lovely venue and very well organised and friendly.

Asha

Visit site
I am on at 8:06!! So I may be long gone before you even arrive! Have a great day. It is a lovely venue and very well organised and friendly.

oohh, thats an early one …… However , Im sure you will still be there, waiting for the prize giving:D. Good luck, you can definitely do it

Ambers Echo

Visit site
oohh, thats an early one …… However , Im sure you will still be there, waiting for the prize giving:D. Good luck, you can definitely do it

Thanks for vote of confidence. I'll give it a bloody good try! But 3 elements and 2 participants = 6 opportunities to stuff it up!

Hallo2012

Visit site
Stallion AI open day tomorrow, looking forward to having a nosey round as will be using them for collection/freezing next year.

sunday-P2 and P13! hopefully with less freestyling and jiggery pokery lol!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I hope your boy is OK Fiona.
Good luck to everyone competing!

I've not been able to catch M all week (argh) and she had the trimmer yesterday - she's having shoes put back on in a few weeks :(. Her feet are bad which means she's doing even less work, so she's piling weight on, making her feet worse, less work, etc. She's fine on smooth tarmac and soft surfaces but she needs to go over some really stoney paths just to get to the field and to and from our hacking so barefoot just isn't right for us at the moment. I feel like a useless owner already so anyone considering moaning at me for this can do one...

We'll be hacking, again. And assuming I can catch her!

Pippity

Visit site
Stallion AI open day tomorrow, looking forward to having a nosey round as will be using them for collection/freezing next year.

One of my friends does a lot of the photos for their stallion cards, so I try to tag along as an assistant as often as I can! Gorgeous set-up, with some amazing horses. I'm gutted I wasn't able to make time to go with her to shoot Ramiro B.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Chippers1 - my steps on my old lorry were tied up on one side with baler twine for a while!

Good luck to all those out and about!

I had a great lesson yesterday - I changed Cassie to a Comfitec bridle a couple of weeks ago, and since then I have ridden a few times, as has my trainer as I was away in the US for a wedding. Both of us think Madam is liking it - she's really beginning to take the contact forwards.

Today I trekked up to Wolverhampton to write for a friend in her judge's exam - I really enjoyed it, her less so!! Tomorrow we have long arena hire, Saturday probably a day off horses as OH is taking his spaniel to this: https://www.allaboutdogsshow.co.uk/newbury/ . Sunday we are stressaging, and Monday Cassie has her regular Equine Body Worker visit - spoilt pony!

Token picture of the diva after our lesson yesterday - it was so lovely to see the sun back again:

57210678_1323203074485383_6185106596796825600_n.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well my plans involved hacking everything tomorrow, then taking either Skye or Dae jumping on Saturday, but the friend I was going with is ill, so that's probably off.

On Sunday, however, I'm taking Skye to do some mounted archery, which should be entertaining / embarrassing / epic :D

Hope the pony feels better soon, Fiona.

Trinket12

Visit site
Well my plans involved hacking everything tomorrow, then taking either Skye or Dae jumping on Saturday, but the friend I was going with is ill, so that's probably off.

On Sunday, however, I'm taking Skye to do some mounted archery, which should be entertaining / embarrassing / epic :D

Hope the pony feels better soon, Fiona.

The archery sounds fun! There's a place around here that does that, I've always fancied a go but I don't think my riding skill is up to it yet. Speaking of riding skill, my goal this weekend is to get my diagonal consistently and not make my coach loose her nut ;-)