Weekend plans!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I know, it's early over there (ask me how I know, I have only just got over the jet lag!) but having been away for ages I have plans and I am excited!

My coach is over from Melbourne this weekend and Henry and I have 3 lessons: flatwork Friday arvo, show jumping Saturday and XC Sunday. The Autumn weather here has been perfect, cool with almost enough rain but this weekend is going to be sunny. Henry has been going SO well since we got back (or maybe just by comparison to the very naughty Welsh pony I rode on holiday :p).

What is everyone doing?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
was supposed to be having a lesson today but they've got all kinds of noisy building work going on onsite so has been postponed to Saturday. Then show on Wednesday :) Bit of a nemesis venue but it's our closest now and they've started putting PSGs on so I am going to grit my teeth and try to get a clear round :p

Orchard14

Visit site
Madam and I (yes that's her actual name and it suits her down to the ground) have a jumping lesson on Saturday and also I have arranged a second viewing on a horse that I want to buy after a couple of blips came up on the vetting. Then I am going to Millfield on Sunday on one of my mums horses, feeling very calm and confident at the moment but no doubt the panic attacks are around the corner. So a very horsey weekend ahead :)

milliepops

Visit site
Good luck MP! I'm always a bit jealous when you lot talk about WEEKDAY shows. Unheard of here!
haha! I'd rather go on the weekends as much easier to juggle with work but above medium level they are few and far between round here. Seems BD thinks that all riders at advanced + are pros without normal jobs :p

Orchard14

Visit site
Seems BD thinks that all riders at advanced + are pros without normal jobs :p

This! I found it so true when I was doing pure dressage. It was such a struggle to find something I could get to it was hardly worth paying the membership. I'm finding it much better with BE.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Riding club camp this weekend but only for the day and then if I have any energy left a fun ride on Sunday. DP gets a full weekend off, he is struggling with foot issues again so until I can get it resolved he is on light duties.

Good luck to everyone competing, lessons or just having a horsey weekend at home.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Chatsworth Arena Eventing!!!

I was originally planning to compete both Friday and Saturday but my RI's horse is lame so she is taking Amber on Friday. I do feel a bit cheeky getting my horse warmed up for me by her but hey ho. Hopefully we both have good rounds. It's an amazing venue so I can't wait.

Denbob

Visit site
Fat cob (guilty owner) has taken a back seat as I'm running a sponsored walk and a dog show respectively on Saturday/Sunday. Might try and squeeze in a short hack or even a pole-work session on Saturday if all goes to plan and we finish at a sensible time. Who needs the gym, eh?!

As always good luck and have a fabulous time everyone!

milliepops

Visit site
This! I found it so true when I was doing pure dressage. It was such a struggle to find something I could get to it was hardly worth paying the membership. I'm finding it much better with BE.
I'm really lucky with my job that i have very flexible hours, I can usually squeeze in a half day or fiddle my hours around it but it would be pretty hopeless without that (unless willing to do a lot more travel... keeping horses in Gloucestershire you get a bit spoilt about not needing to do long drives just to access high level tests very often).

tbf I found lots of the BE comps I used to want to do were on tues/weds which was a pain as I always needed to cadge a lift or chauffeur!

Fiona

Visit site
Its our last weekend as a fully functional horsy family (OH has his hip replacement operation booked for next Tuesday :( ), so we are making the most of it.

7yo and pony are going SJ on Saturday (to a new venue, or rather a venue we had one disastrous trip to before due to a donkey in a paddock beside the ring), Fionn and I have a 2 phase competition on Sunday at a new venue (only doing the small class though), and I've a gridwork lesson on Monday.

Good luck AE (and AE ;) ) and everyone else competing.....

FIona

Wheels

Visit site
Lol it's just a quiet short and not too intensive session, final preps for balmoral without tiring either of us out too much

Bernster

Visit site
AE 1 you are doing your very own 3 day event!

Think we'll have a quiet one at home. Not sure what the weather will be like so will hopefully to a hack and then have a play in the jump paddock to keep our eye in, as the ground should be ok after some rain. Have fun all!

Wheels

Visit site
Thanks fiona, it's a big ask for a 6 year old pony so we are just going to have fun, I think he will go green on me so will be riding positively from the get go :)

scats

Visit site
Still no wagon, although it’s actually being done now. Although I wouldn’t be able to do anything this weekend as my back went last weekend for no reason and ive only just regained the ability to stand upright for any length of time.
I had the most miserable start to the week lying flat on the bed!
I’m going to attempt a walking hack this weekend.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I am going to see a model horse show on Sunday! Apparently it's a thing and as it's being held in the next village and has people coming from several counties to show their models, it would be rude not to go...

No idea how it works but it sounds fascinating.

Fiona

Visit site
I havent posted a separate report, but in case anyone was interested, here's the pic I bought of F and Daisy at the WH show 2 weekends ago. Despite her misbehaviour in the main arena, they still took a 4th and a 6th on their first try, and have three more years to go....

59539734_2388215974564647_8921958258587992064_n.jpg

Fiona

McFluff

Visit site
Good luck everyone.

This weekend I will be mainly poulticing. Two feet with abscesses, possibly four! She’s never had any on the four years I’ve had her. Poor soul is in agony.