Weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No more bank holidays for a while, boo!

What's everyone got planned?

We have a lesson tomorrow and again on Tuesday - little bootcamp to hopefully get over a bit of a hump. Contemplating another music class next week but not sure if I can fit it in around work, damn it :p

weather looks promising - have fun everyone :)

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I'm doing the unaff ODE at Mendip Plains in the 100. I am sat at work with a pit in my stomach waiting for them to put the times up wishing that I'd never entered in the first place. I always get anxious like this before an event even if it's only a lesson but start beaming as soon as its over no matter how badly it went.

hopefully doing some archery in the field, now I have my horse bow to play with

Horse archery? Who what when how and where do I sign up!? :D

showjumpingharry

Visit site
Taking dog to the vet this afternoon. Then going to view a horse that I may be taking on tomorrow morning, and working all weekend. My pony goes to her fabulous new home on Monday, so that will be sad but she’s going to enjoy it so I don’t mind too much. Then Royal Cornwall next Thursday 😁😁

Bernster

Visit site
New bow sounds fun! And some great outings planned it seems.

Not much this weekend as out with family (BBQ and footie on the TV - yay for one, yawn for the other) and as F had his teeth checked this week and found a THIRD lower wolf tooth that's been extracted. Bonkers. They are very unusual I hear and he had 2 taken out a few years back. Vet thinks a bit of tissue might have remained and 1 has grown back. If I put it under his pillow, he should get something pretty special from the tooth fairy haha.

F was also pretty bad with the needle - he's fine for normal jabs but, as soon as he realised vet was going for a vein, he was having none of it. Yikes. At least now we know for the future.

Fiona

Visit site
We've got our RC area dressage champs on Sunday.

7yo son and I are both doing Prelim 12 which is a lovely one...

However.....

1. 7yo has to learn test as area RC committee refuse to let it be called..

2. Our tests are 7 min apart which is really and truly awful 😭😭😭

Any tips?

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Good luck AE, Scats and Sasanaskye. I always get very nervous too.
Fiona I can't believe a 7 year old can't have a test called! Don't ask me for tips! I am useless.
Bernster - ouch. Poor horse!!
Have fun everyone who is out and about.

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck everyone out and about!

Shame about your dressage times fiona, wont they change them for you?

I was due to have a lesson with my more classical trainer tomorrow so since I cant ride we will have an in-hand lesson instead.

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm doing the unaff ODE at Mendip Plains in the 100. I am sat at work with a pit in my stomach waiting for them to put the times up wishing that I'd never entered in the first place. I always get anxious like this before an event even if it's only a lesson but start beaming as soon as its over no matter how badly it went.

I'm exactly the same, i'm trying to change my attitude though as last weekend when I had 'the dread' I changed it up and wasn't bothered about placing or anything and I actually felt much less nervous going into it!

Fiona I learn my dressage tests much better using the pictures rather than the writing - so I just think ok I need to circle here, trot in this corner etc even not thinking about the letters! And trotting around my kitchen :D I don't know if that would help him?

I'm off to Eland for some xc schooling again, weeee! I love it there.

j1ffy

Visit site
Sounds like lots of fun stuff planned all round!

Indio wasn't right on the lunge last weekend when the physio came to see him - fine on the left rein but definitely lame on his near-fore on the right rein. It's his more arthritic leg (fetlock) and his last injection was only 2 months ago so I'm fearing the worst. Vet is coming tomorrow so I'll have a chat and see if we can do any more to improve it, and hopefully get x-rays too. Indio has done so much for me that I won't push him to school and compete if he's not up to it, but trying not to over-plan until the vet has been...

Pocholo's loaner is busy this weekend so I have him to play with regardless. He's in fine fettle so I think we'll do a long hack and maybe some jumping - we'll both be very rusty at the latter but he's a bundle of fun over fences!

Denbob

Visit site
Busy week for the chunky pony, second ever dressage competition on Sunday (only at our yard, and only an intro but still exciting!) have chosen intro C over intro A so fingers crossed that means a smaller class with a chance of a frilly ;)

Then off to baby camp on Tuesday at Pontispool, first ever away from home pony party so have been put into the very baby group! If we can survive a little canter on the grass in a group and a splash in the water I will be thrilled to bits - aiming for a nice pleasant learning experience.

As always, good luck to all whatever your plans!

Fiona

Visit site

I know 😭😭😭 It could all work out fine, or it could all go very wrong...

Bernster - your poor horse, ouch 😭

My issue with tests soo close together is that my gelding is in love with Daisy, and his warm up and test will be awful if she is nearby. He screams, and wants to look at her.

I'm thinking of bringing him out very early for a warm up, then putting him away and getting Daisy and F out, and then bringing him out again 15 min before his test. At least if he is a twit, he has already been warmed up, and if I can position Daisy strategically beside the arena I might get a proper test out of him?

Any thoughts?

I'm heading out for a run through it later with RC dressage trainer..

F nearly knows it, but I'm sure he will forget on the day.

Fiona

Visit site
I am working this weekend but ilm in slightly later on Saturday morning. I have entered Eggs for a show and I couldnt take them the night before or beforwe 7.45am ...

Now heres the thing. My chooks had been laying 5-6 eggs a week each. So I said the last 10 days before the show I will keep all the eggs and make the best groups I can. I only need 4 eggs from certain hens and 10 days is plenty enough time to get a good bunch to choose from.

One went broody.

And I have had 7 eggs in 8 days from 7 hens of laying age - 6 if you take out the broody one. One hen has laid twice. The others once bar the light Sussex who hasnt laid at all.

Little madams!!!!! Why is it when you have something planned the animals have other ideas!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

I bet you on Sunday I will have a fill quota of eggs again and every day next week!

Bloody chickens ...

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Nothing exciting - being entries secretary for another local show Sunday.

Two days booked off work for Thursday and Friday at Royal Cornwall later in the week though. 3 days wall to wall horses and eating junk food!

zaminda

Visit site
Have fun everyone! Think I'm taking Winnie and Tamba showjumping. This could be interesting as Tamba now won't stand quietly on the lorry! Have been popping Winnie over some logs in the woods as she hasn't seen a showjump for a few weeks.

Fiona

Visit site
Fiona, get him to run it on foot, that worked for you my instructors son when he had to learn his own test (he was nine)

That sounds like a good plan, or a toy horse on our sitting room rug...

We tried it after dinner, and he remembered it, so fingers crossed..

I also had a great run through up at the riding club... Fionn was very good.

Fiona