Weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Thursday lunchtime... aaaaand it's raining. Oh what a surprise.

Who has got plans?

I shall be attempting to ride in between downpours and then on Sunday Darcy and I are going to come last in 2 more prelims ;)

Had a good lesson last night with him, he almost fell over spooking at a puddle of pee left by another horse but apart from that he did pull his socks up. I find it so hard being a disciplinarian on him but he needs to be told off when he is being a prat because he is rudely ignoring my aids and stressing himself out as a result. If he just knuckles down he is quite happy to let me be on monster-watch. So hard to swap from one horse to the other because if you ride Kira like that she will just down tools completely. I need a brain transplant!

Have to accept the soakings and do some more longer sessions with K now, she is booked in for a lesson in a fortnight so I need to make sure she is super fit and ready :)

Have fun all, and don't wash away o_O

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Bloody weather!
I've got saddle fitting tomorrow for B as long as it's a, dry and b, the arena up the lane isn't flooded.
Saturday am subjecting self to SJ trainer, morning lesson booked.
Sunday no plans as yet......

MP, sounds like he is far better when you take charge very firmly?

Good luck to those competing x

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
MP, sounds like he is far better when you take charge very firmly?
he really is, the problem is he is the complete opposite to Kira in that respect and therefore I find the brainshift required a massive challenge. With Darcy, if his ears even start to point at something (which might be as minor as an arena letter or a grain of sand tbh) then i have to instantly bollock him for even considering spooking. But Kira needs time (microsecond really but enough to make a difference) to assess a potential threat before you ask her to carry on as she was before. If you get after her too fast then she will object strongly. So it needs opposing instinctive responses and I am so used to riding her that I find it really hard to switch off the momentary pause before acting. I am sure it will get easier. But at the moment it's REALLY hard!

I accidentally got after her the other week and she erupted violently so I need to get better at remembering what I'm doing :p

Northern

Visit site
Sad start, the geriatric old TB I help look after was PTS after colic all day today :( However it was a lovely sunny day, and he was 29 and not sick up until this morning.

Hoping to enter Jump Club for next weekend, and my friend who has never been has finally entered the baby heights! I will therefore be convincing her that she can jump 50cm this weekend :p L schooled super today and was allowed to jump a few of the set up jumps as a reward. First time jumping since last year and she popped them all as politely as can be. Love my golden child :D

Have a good weekend all, sending drying thoughts across the pond.

oldie48

Visit site
Eyes on the ground lesson tomorrow (hoped I could use an indoor but sadly it's not available). Booked into a pole work clinic for Saturday, which I thought was indoor but found out today that it's not! I am disappointed. Sunday nothing planned but hope to hack. Monday/Tuesday going to AM Dressage. It is indoors, hurrah! I am so sick of getting wet/windswept/cold , my old bones need a bit of warmth. However, if the rain in Wales comes down the Severn and closes the bridge I won't be going anywhere. I drove down to the town this morning and was so shocked at the water levels, it is almost surreal.

ihatework

Visit site
Big fella went sj yesterday, just the 1.10. He was to quote his rider ‘saucy’. He is going back out sj next week for a 1.20 in an effort to focus his attention ....

Said saucy boy has galloped today and is having the pants schooled off him tomorrow in an effort to produce a nice hack for his owner (moi) on Sunday ?? The sooner we get some turnout the better!!!!

Little one on the other hand continues to polish his halo ❤️

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck to those out and about and sorry for those of you still stuck in with the wind!

I rode yesterday for the first time in 10 days, thanks to work and weather ?. We managed a sensible walk, trot and canter so I’m hoping to steer him around Prelim 18 on Saturday. It’s in a small-ish indoor so hopefully I can keep him in the arena in canter this time...although the final downward transition then straight down the centre line may be a bit ‘agricultural’ if he’s as strong as at our first competition two weeks ago ?

Sprat

Visit site
Sarcoid surgery tomorrow so nothing fun planned for us for a little while :( really unsure on length of time off required, the vets were (rightly) vague as I guess they won't know until they get in there with the laser.

Please everyone who has fun plans, write up some reports so I can live vicariously through you.

Other than that, I have dinner for a friends birthday at my favourite steak restaurant on Saturday which I am hugely looking forward to.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Managed to get out to a SJ clinic hosted by a local RC. Luckily it was indoors so avoided the horrible weather. Turbo cob was feeling very well and there were many leaps and bucks. Luckily being a 14.3 heavyweight cob, she can't throw huge shapes. All in all she jumped well.
Off to dressage on Saturday, hopefully she will be a bit calmer.
And then probably hiding from the rain on Sunday

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have an off the track clinic tomorrow, a flat and jumping lesson. i love these, they are cheap and always have really excellent coaches. New instructors to me so looking forward to getting some fresh eyes. I think he is going well, but new input always welcome. Then after that i need to ride the other horse at home.

Sunday I am going XC training with a friend which should be fun! Then again have to ride the other horse at home. He needs to have a little jump so I need to set up a course.

I entered my first event of the year this week so I am counting down, it's still 4 weeks away. Can't wait to get back out there with both horses (although one is only show jumping this year).

Have fun all, stay dry.

Bernster

Visit site
That sounds interesting Hayleyuk, be good to hear how it goes.

Enjoyed reading what everyone is up to. Quiet one again for us I think. Soggy hacking and spending the day tidying my stuff, tidying my horse (he’s looking a bit grungy) and trying to find stuff to chuck out before we move yards next weekend. I think I’m a tack hoarder as I can’t bring myself to throw it away! Will see if anyone wants a donation of the better quality stuff.

Reacher

Visit site
Due to collect horses from holiday livery, supposed to be Saturday but from the forecast 50mph winds Sunday looks more likely. I’ve been poorly with food poisoning, planned a little sit on Mr H before I bring them home but not sure how much i’ll be able to manage. RI has ridden him a couple of time a week while we were away, which is more schooling than he gets at home (no school). She has been working on his flying changes (with me he is good going from left to right lead but struggles going from right to left) so I’m excited to see if there is an improvement .

Well done anyone who manages to get out and do anything, coffee and Bourbon biscuits to the rest of us!

Chippers1

Visit site
No real plans, car has an MOT tomorrow so that will probably fail and make me grumpy :D. Will try to fit in a ride on Saturday and Sunday if it's not too windy. We got caught in a hail storm yesterday which was really unpleasant! I'm so fed up of this weather :(

dorsetladette

Visit site
I think weather dodging is going to be my main plan this weekend.

B1's saddle isn't fitting as well as I'd like as he's pretty much had the winter off so lost a bit of topline, so some long reining/lunging over raised poles will be the plan for him I think. (loving the new riding area)
B2 will be more saddle on/off practise and lunging.

I'm going to clean the lorry out to give the HO some incentive(kick up the bum) to start replacing the floor. New livery keeps mentioning local shows, which is giving me a bit of an itch to go out and play again.

Hope everyone has a dryish weekend in the UK and doesn't get blown away.

zaminda

Visit site
I'm supposed to be doing a training ride Sunday. I had entered Mindy who has now clobbered herself and is lame, so will be taking Tamba instead of it's still on! It was supposed to be last weekend but was postponed! Really sick of the weather now, makes doing anything very hard without easy access to any form of cover!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Saturday: I'm supposed to be going to a TREC training providing we aren't hit by another storm ...! I've not ridden since pre-Storm Dennis, nor done a full TREC clinic, so it has the possibility to be interesting :D

Sunday: I want to hack, but suspect most of our hacking routes are underwater still. So I might set up some polework instead, ad I've been following a polework group on FB and they have some really innovative ideas.