Weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
not much to define the days at the moment other than working or not working but *klaxon* it's Thursday ;)

so anyone got plans?

Hoping to get Salty's maternity stable sorted out this weekend, I've been nagging OH about it for ages :p there are 2 stables, average sort of size, but one has had the front taken off and a round baler parked in it so that has to be evicted and then we'll knock the 2 into 1.

Other than that, same old same old, will be doing the Week 3 HHO virtual clinic exercises and might try to video those again :oops: and watching the field horses on horsecam, it's getting addictive but I'm trying not to spend all day looking at them before foalwatch begins :D

93586034_3202689259742562_8338869439738937344_o.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Well, having creosoted the new posts and 3 replacement rails (that I put in earlier this week) this morning, I then started on the front paddock. DH rubbed down the main front gate and put a coat of paint on it.
If it stays dry, I shall carry on creosoting till I run out.

I shall also continue to pootle out with B Fuzzy, who is at long last starting to stretch out in trot.... work in progress.

Stay safe all you DIY people! :)

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm going to be riding through M71 for the online dressage I've entered- videos are due next weekend. A local venue has just announced another online competition too, and they are doing M63 which we did last week so I think I'll have another go at that.

With the little cob I'm doing E49 and E50 so I'll have a ride through those too.

Otherwise, no plans!

TheMule

Visit site
Given it's due to rain tomorrow (finally!) I can finish the field jobs and put the XC jumps out for a bit of fun once we've had enough to soften the ground up (In hand until after lockdown)
My 3yr olds are doing great- Nova is trotting under saddle on little hacks and went in the arena for the first time today. He'll do another 3 or 4 rides and then be left for a few months. The mule is now being sat on and may venture out for her first hack on Sunday if all goes well before then

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I am on a mission to make Amber walk fractionally slower than her usual one-paced yomping. She can now halt readily and stand on a loose rein in a big field or on a hack. And she can vary the pace in trot and canter. But she seems to have only 1 walk pace! Since I am mostly walking atm anyway seems as good a time as any to address it. Or try to. Top tips welcome. Plus some more pole work too. And bathing the Pigpen Pony. Again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

milliepops

Visit site
I am on a mission to make Amber walk fractionally slower than her usual one-paced yomping. She can now halt readily and stand on a loose rein in a big field or on a hack. And she can vary the pace in trot and canter. But she seems to have only 1 walk pace! Since I am mostly walking atm anyway seems as good a time as any to address it. Or try to. Top tips welcome. Plus some more pole work too. And bathing the Pigpen Pony. Again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
did you try the week 2 virtual clinic exercise? that starts in walk :)

Wheels

Visit site
I am on a mission to make Amber walk fractionally slower than her usual one-paced yomping. She can now halt readily and stand on a loose rein in a big field or on a hack. And she can vary the pace in trot and canter. But she seems to have only 1 walk pace! Since I am mostly walking atm anyway seems as good a time as any to address it. Or try to. Top tips welcome.

Lateral work on a 10m (or even slightly smaller) circle! They simply cannot rush off if you are doing a very well bent renvers on an 8m circle or any of the other lateral work, travers / pirouettes etc. It really helps them to take longer, slower steps but make sure you keep a 4 beat rhythm :)

I will be doing a bit more arena levelling (didn't do any last weekend), some groundwork, some lunging, some riding :)

Will definitely be doing the new virtual clinic exercise and try and continue with the first two as well as they will all work together

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Both boys bathed today in an attempt to get rid of some of the winter mud and loose fur. Short hack tomorrow afternoon and if DP’s new hoof boots arrive (they are in the post) I shall be doing a longish hack on Sunday. Trying to keep them both off the grass and in work so they stay slim and laminitis free.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Probably try and section off some of J's field as I need to be weary of the spring grass especially as he wont be in much work (nothing but inhand due to saddle needing to be checked).

I am probably going to trawl You Tube for videos, and find some human pilates ones as my back is getting bad again and I know I need to try and keep it mobile. Might even try and find some horse massage how tos as well and give him some sessions....

Roxylola

Visit site
I've got to film my prelim test, and at the very least practise my novice test for my online dressage.
If the ground isnt like concrete and I get time I'd like to do a little jumping.
And on the time note, I'm teaching :D I offered to help a bit with the other liveries as we've no instructors at the moment, I'm not charging or anything as I've not properly taught for a fair while but I've been pleasantly surprised that 5 of the teenagers have been in touch and asked for a lesson, so I've got to fit all of them in as well!

maya2008

Visit site
Planning on introducing one 5yo to the joys of schooling on a windy plateau, and get the older pony to show him how it’s done! Then lunge lesson kiddies on Shetland. They haven’t schooled for over a month now and the 5yo is getting spookier for lack of brain engagement. Hacking schooling limited as I am always leading another pony.

Wheels

Visit site
Looking forward to trying the HHO virtual clinic week 3.

We had a great ride tonight, we've been playing around with keeping the best possible balance, using a slightly longer rein than normal so as not to tempt me to hold him up and straight but to use exercises to help the straightness and balance both laterally and longitudinaly. This results in a natural roundness and connection with a very light rein aid. M was enjoying himself and felt more expressive thab normal, I wish I'd had the video going!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Amber's going well too. I'm loving spending low key time with her. I feel like I have more thinking time with no lessons and can focus on the areas that most need attention instead of whatever the priority is for whatever competition is next. Basically what I try to do in winter but with better weather!

Roxylola

Visit site
I actually like not to be doing something every week or even every fortnight. In an ideal world I'd have a lesson about every 3 weeks - time in between to practise, compete and then have more to work on for next time

milliepops

Visit site
I'm the complete opposite, my horses are really difficult at home and I need regular rides off site to stop myself getting despondent! I'm so missing my lorry outings :( if there was another yard within travelling distance I'd have moved long ago but we've kept things going with weekly trips to less awful environments ?

Wheels

Visit site
I'm the complete opposite, my horses are really difficult at home and I need regular rides off site to stop myself getting despondent! I'm so missing my lorry outings :( if there was another yard within travelling distance I'd have moved long ago but we've kept things going with weekly trips to less awful environments ?

That is pretty annoying, I had an ex racer like that who was a total dick at home but great out and about, dont know what that was about!

milliepops

Visit site
Both of mine are like it, kira is sticky and backward and Darcy is sharp as a knife.
She's forward and happy off site and he is much more relaxed. They all hate the school at our yard, the flipping hedge is a pita and makes everything super edgy.

TheMule

Visit site
Both of mine are like it, kira is sticky and backward and Darcy is sharp as a knife.
She's forward and happy off site and he is much more relaxed. They all hate the school at our yard, the flipping hedge is a pita and makes everything super edgy.

My mare is this way inclined and I've battled with the 'spooky hedge side' and 'corner of death' for ages. But I have to say, I started doing the TRT groundwork with her with a specific focus on getting her to learn to relax near her areas of doom and it is now like schooling a different horse. She will still have a look and I need to come back to the fundamentals a couple of times in most sessions, but it has made such a difference to my rate of progress with her. And it only took 3 sessions of set up and 5 mins at the start of each schooling session.