weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Another lockdown weekend *sigh*

What have people got planned?

weather forecast here looked rubbish before but it seems to be cheering up now so I am hoping it will stay dry.

There's always fencing to do... Might take Salty down to see her maternity wing and do a trial run to see if she will be OK on her own or if we will have to rethink.

Probably do some test riding at home as I've found it so useful having a freestyle to ride through to make me be properly critical about things ;) and try to get Darcy ready to do some online tests in May.

Have fun & stay safe :cool:
Oh! and please have a think of exercises for the week 5 online clinic - don't be shy please add yours if you have some ideas :D

Salty pic to kick the thread off :)

94882759_3230116050333216_4691965854907105280_o.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
Oh Salty’s bump is adorable! When is foaly due?

Another online dressage for me this week. I can’t remember if I said before, but it is all through my instructor so the feedback is very tailored and specific which is super.

Got feedback from last week’s prelim and am thrilled to bits with 74% and top of the board for the first time ever lol!

milliepops

Visit site
that's brilliant, sheep. I have never wanted a long arena more than I do now, it's so frustrating not being able to fit full tests in at home cos otherwise I'd be asking for something similar. I have just ordered a Pivo tracking tripod thingy so hoping that will help me get a bit more out of my home videos in the meantime :p

She's 309 days today, so due late May onwards. In theory!

Sheep

Visit site
Thanks MP!

Sounds like a great idea on the tripod! Hopefully that will help a bit. I think the larger arena at my yard is probably long enough to act as a long arena...but I’m quite a while away from worrying about that myself ?

Ooh excited for foalwatch...hope she doesn’t keep us waiting!

JFTDWS

Visit site
More of the usual here. Assuming the forecast is reasonably accurate and it's not going to stay wet and slippy in the field.

Plans include trotting some circles with Captain Carrot and working on the basics of formality - I would do an online prelim if I had a remotely flat 20x40 area, but I don't, so I won't even try. Micro-gridding, which is my favourite low budget improvisation for field games. And shooting stuff - doing some quiet, regular work with C to keep it ticking over. I've been using Fergs to work on off-side shots and more interesting stuff. Mostly Fergs and Dae will be hacking though - with the grass coming through, the more miles I can put on them the better.

93705392_732526681287_2254334729153150976_o.jpg

Captain Carrot, just because the internet is more fun with photos of giant-arsed orange ponies.

Wheels

Visit site
Ooh I'm interested in the pivo thingy so let us know how you get on with that MP

I'm hoping to finally finish levelling my arena - only a few metres left to go!

Will do some groundwork, some lunging, some ridden work. Ponies need groomed again as they need every week at the moment

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Another lockdown weekend *sigh*

What have people got planned?

weather forecast here looked rubbish before but it seems to be cheering up now so I am hoping it will stay dry.

There's always fencing to do... Might take Salty down to see her maternity wing and do a trial run to see if she will be OK on her own or if we will have to rethink.

Probably do some test riding at home as I've found it so useful having a freestyle to ride through to make me be properly critical about things ;) and try to get Darcy ready to do some online tests in May.

Have fun & stay safe :cool:
Oh! and please have a think of exercises for the week 5 online clinic - don't be shy please add yours if you have some ideas :D

Salty pic to kick the thread off :)

94882759_3230116050333216_4691965854907105280_o.jpg

Still repairing my dining room table :rolleyes:, will try and ride both ponies and try not to eat or drink too much... Same old, same old for the moment!

Week 5, erm some leg yield exercises? I have a good canter pirouette exercise but I fear it wouldn't be the most helpful to others....

Wheels

Visit site
Still repairing my dining room table :rolleyes:, will try and ride both ponies and try not to eat or drink too much... Same old, same old for the moment!

Week 5, erm some leg yield exercises? I have a good canter pirouette exercise but I fear it wouldn't be the most helpful to others....

Could the canter pirouette exercise work as walk pirouette? That might help some as well

What is the leg yield exercise?

Roxylola

Visit site
Teaching again! I'm really enjoying it - I've got a few different levels and goals to work with so that's good fun.
Hacking otherwise, maybe jump schooling depending on the weather and ground...
I've signed up for two novice online dressage for may. Possibly could try and film the one I've learned - I never practise, and unless theres something new in it i like to just crack on and do them.
Nothing exciting at all really. I'll have a think for clinic ideas but I'm a bit drained this week generally.
I too would like a long arena - mainly for counter canter practise - in fact theres an idea for clinic - improving canter quality generally, more bounce

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Could the canter pirouette exercise work as walk pirouette? That might help some as well

What is the leg yield exercise?

Oh no I was just thinking leg yield is helpful, didn't have a set exercise for that one sorry!

Canter pirouette could work for walk pirouettes if you have half-pass taught. Up the 3/4 line say on the left rein, half-pass left to the other 3/4 line or CL, half pirouette and half-pass back and repeat.

It was super helpful for Topaz as it kept a nice rhythm and stopped her getting too over-excited and spinning! Meant you could really feel for the quality of the turn and the half-pass set the bend up nicely for you to turn the shoulders round.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'd appreciate exercises that can be done in walk, or adapted to trot where you can't easily do complicated things on half the "arena" (my field is on a right wonk and going downhill isn't conducive to anything other than maintaining balance). The hexagon exercise is interesting as the multiple small angle turns might mean I'm never going straight down the slope, so to speak...

Nicnac

Visit site
Have just got my DTM music so need to get back on. I rode (mooched) for 20 minutes around the school last Sunday. Nice to be back on but motivation zero. They're perfectly happy out and not working and I'm massively busy at work. Can't hack out at the moment as where I park up is closed and don't want to start with schooling after he's had nigh on 7 weeks off.

teapot

Visit site
Sort of horse related - have had some exam training via zoom this week, and an update on the next coaching plan from my wonderwoman coach. So will be running, revising, running, revising, and running some more... Cannot wait to get back to training!

Got a couple of simple leg yield and pole related exercises if anyone wants them :)

oldie48

Visit site
Do we still have weekends? I just work on yesterday, today, tomorrow and bin day. I didn't close Rose's stable properly last night and when I went to tuck her up at 10.00 p.m. she was in the courtyard munching her way through Fatty's soaked night time net. In the morning I realised she'd also had a munch at some of the plants too, she seems to like mint! I guess I need to some memory stuff. Sunday we have a pub quiz on zoom set by OH, so I won't be able to answer anything. Other than that it's dog walking, doing horses and cooking. Have a good one and keep safe.

Trinket12

Visit site
I'm scheduled for some stalls again on Saturday, so looking forward to getting out of the house! It also means I get to see Madam, if anyone has any in hand exercises in walk they would recommend let me know.

We've been working on her staying at my shoulder and will keep that up, and I am going to try turn on the forehand as well. We can't do poles yet. But anything to help her get a bit of a work out would be great :)

DirectorFury

Visit site
I'm seeing my horse for the first time in 6 weeks!! I don't care about riding, I just can't wait to see her little face ?.
Aside from that I will be, inevitably, working. It turns out that the workaholism isn't a job problem, it's a me problem, and working from home with no where to go has made it very very bad. I sit down at my desk at 8am and don't really stop until midnight/1am when I go to bed.

kirstyl

Visit site
I’ve been on holiday this week. I was supposed to be on dressage camp at Aintree, and I did um and ah about whether to still take annual leave but decided I needed it. Can’t say I haven’t done any work but I’ve been running with my running app (20 minutes without stopping today!) and I’ve ridden - hacked at the weekend, schooled and spent some nice time with my boy. I am always rushing from work to stables to home to walk dogs, so really nice to spend time enjoying grooming him!
Weekend - I had a dressage to music test put together for me by a BD judge last year and have the music on CD but never ridden the test with the music so I’m going to give it a go!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We are so lucky, some of our restrictions lifted a bit during the week, so I am going out for a ride with a friend and my hubby, plus bathing and clipping one very hairy horse!

The weather is set to be beautiful weekend before a lot of rain early next week so the rest of the weekend will be prepping everything for the rain.

Have a good weekend all.

oldie48

Visit site
I’m currently in the hospital as my child is unwell. So my friend is going to help me out by coming round each day and exercising him for me instead. My partner will feed him and make sure that he has water too. I was hoping to ride him this weekend however.
I hope it's nothing serious and you are both home soon.

monte1

Visit site
MP, Salty is looking super- i hope she doesn't keep you guessing and waiting like ours :)
my weekend, Depends on current foal watch and how knackered i am tomorrow!!
plan to work more on getting my boy freely forward especially in canter off a light aid without me fidgeting and nagging constantly, got some super tips from my trainer remotely last weekend and they have really been working last two times i rode, so we shall see- i love a bit of homework :)

hope you all have a good, "dry" weekend !

milliepops

Visit site
MP, Salty is looking super- i hope she doesn't keep you guessing and waiting like ours :)
my weekend, Depends on current foal watch and how knackered i am tomorrow!!
plan to work more on getting my boy freely forward especially in canter off a light aid without me fidgeting and nagging constantly, got some super tips from my trainer remotely last weekend and they have really been working last two times i rode, so we shall see- i love a bit of homework :)

hope you all have a good, "dry" weekend !

I'm already having mad dreams about it, had a weird couple the night before last, one that I was giving birth to a foal o_O then I woke up, went back to sleep and dreamed she had twins! I'm going to be a complete wreck if she hangs on like yours is doing!
I'm trying to get as much riding in as I can do now, in anticipation of total disruption in a few weeks :p

monte1

Visit site
I'm already having mad dreams about it, had a weird couple the night before last, one that I was giving birth to a foal o_O then I woke up, went back to sleep and dreamed she had twins! I'm going to be a complete wreck if she hangs on like yours is doing!
I'm trying to get as much riding in as I can do now, in anticipation of total disruption in a few weeks :p

I feel for you, it is quite exhausting, two nights in a row on foal watch this week and still we are waiting- but I am told it will all be worth it !
LOL been having some mad dreams myself, putting it down to sleep deprivation !

If it helps my mares owner told me that at least with a foal the sleepless nights pretty much come before the birth and you can sleep afterwards, with human babies not so much ;)
Yes, I am trying not to neglect my own boy and keeping up the riding it is a good distraction

i bet your mare will sail through it all and produce the foal right on time - fingers crossed !

scats

Visit site
I’ll be hacking. We’ve had a quiet week because of the weather, Millie has just had a lunge and a stretch this week and Polly has been ridden once. They are living out at the moment so they just stay out completely on days they don’t work so I don’t feel any great pressure if the weathers not on our side.

milliepops

Visit site
Our online dressage results came out today, my mashed up Inter1 short arena freestyle netted us 69% which I am very happy with :) not quite sure how we can do another, I suppose I could just try to make it better. Or perhaps we will just try a short arena AM. Anyway, was a bit of fun and gave me lots to work on ;)

Scarlett

Visit site
Just enjoying having a horse to ride!

We've been working on different pole work exercises to work on the straightness. He's wobbly but so smart and willing so very quick to figure out what's being asked. My instructor is big on pole work so we've a new exercise each weekend to work with even though she can't get out to us. Lots of fun.

Also have a new bit to try. Not getting on with the loose ring I started him in and have a loan of a Hilary Vernon Informed Bitting D ring snaffle to try.