Weekend plans!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Early this week because we have a long weekend, and mine is extra long (so I am excited and distracted at work!).

Tomorrow farrier is coming, but the weather is going to be nice so a hack with both the boys. Saturday I am demo riding for coaches trying to get qualified. I get free lessons and paid to ride my horse, so I thin kit's a great deal!

Sunday we have a dressage comp, actually quite looking forward to it!

Monday we have no plans, so probably hacking again.

Tuesday I have a clinic, dressage and flatwork lessons, I am really looking forward to it.

Around all that I also need to wash and plait Henry, clean all my gear and do housework, so it will be very busy. Hopefully we get some ok weather, it's hot today but the forecast is for rain. It keeps changing so who knows.

Have fun all!
Henry WAYER 2020.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Wheee, looking fab there AE, and your weather looks glorious. We've had an early hack in the rain this morning. I'm hoping he will be dry enough to trim legs later. Probably a light schooling session tomorrow I might even do a bit without my stirrups although hes rather bouncy! Then kelsall on saturday - goal is not to get E'd

scats

Visit site
Dressage on Saturday. Millie’s had a quiet week due to having chiro so she’s only getting sat on again today since last weekend. Plus we are trialling a new bit, so our test on Saturday might be, erm, interesting!
Sunday I actually have a full day off with no plans and I’m taking full advantage of it!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
AE - that sounds like a fab full on weekend!

Just a lesson for me tomorrow, possibly jumping again (eek!) - this time with my camera person, so if there is jumping I'll be sure to share any funny pictures of me grimacing as I approach! :D

Not sure when I am riding share horse next, he didn't seem quite right in the school the other day. I can't tell if it's my riding or he struggles with the surface or he's not been in the school very much recently. More experienced eyes than mine are going to take a view. I just hope he's alright!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
AE I'm tired just reading your weekend plans! You'll need time off to recover from your time off.

Haven't decided what to do Friday, I think maybe run through my dressage test for Sunday very quickly and then go for a hack. Saturday I have a private jumping lesson which I'm excited for because I've never really had one before! Always done group clinics or popped a few jumps at the end of a flat lesson. Then Sunday I'm off to do Intro C, thought about doing Prelim but right canter lead is a bit hit and miss at the moment so thought not worth the stress! I'm taking the sharer with me also and she's very excited bless her, she's a pony mad teen and this will be her first time at a proper venue. My mare is still pretty green competing so I haven't allowed sharers to compete her till now as I haven't wanted to put that pressure on them (or my mare). But sharer is a lovely quiet rider so fingers crossed pony behaves!

Bernster

Visit site
Sounds fab AE.

Busy one for us - wonky rider physio thing on Saturday with Andy Thomas. Hoping it will help with our left rein issues.

Sunday - have a go at hedges with sandhurst drag hunt. Am fully expecting to be the dunce in the class as we are not up to much but hoping to pop a few little fences and they have a smaller hedge apparently so will have a crack at that.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm going somewhere! first time for ages, though it's irritating because we can't get a date for lorry plating so I'm having to hire one, urghhhh.

Andy Thomas rider symmetry clinic tomorrow. After all the rave reviews I am hopeful that he might be able to sort me out! Aside from all the stuff I knew about already I've started doing something that's giving me pain down the outside of my left ankle so god knows what he will discover.

other than that, trundling at home. Had vet visit for microchipping Hera and the retirees... you can guess who aced it and who acted like they were about to be killed :rolleyes:

120133911_3658125850865565_4821007840898085904_o.jpg

Northern

Visit site
I am actually going somewhere this weekend!

First competition for the year for me, an unofficial dressage outing. We have been working steadily towards this, so hopefully we'll have fun and not disgrace ourselves! It's probably going to snow this weekend too, to add to the fun of it :cool:

I am really pleased with how L is looking, she's really put on muscle and the work is becoming easier for her. Lot's of grass this year which means lots of work and no field time for L. She does have a really generous yard to mooch around though, with decent green pick so she doesn't miss out!

L1.JPG
(Yes I have cut and washed her tail, it resembles something flaxen for the first time in months :rolleyes:).

Have a good weekend all :)

Pippity

Visit site
I had a lesson with a new instructor last night, which left me in tears. No idea why - Blue was uncooperative, I didn't click in the slightest with the instructor who wanted me to stick Blue in a pessoa, and it was a generally unproductive lesson, but I wouldn't have thought it was bad enough to cry over.

Nothing exciting planned for the actual weekend. Hopefully plenty of hacking, and then she's getting her first clip of the year on Sunday. I was hoping to get away without it, but then she came back sweaty from an easy hack, despite being nowhere near her full winter fluff, so it's going to have to be done.

milliepops

Visit site
I am actually going somewhere this weekend!

First competition for the year for me, an unofficial dressage outing. We have been working steadily towards this, so hopefully we'll have fun and not disgrace ourselves! It's probably going to snow this weekend too, to add to the fun of it :cool:

I am really pleased with how L is looking, she's really put on muscle and the work is becoming easier for her. Lot's of grass this year which means lots of work and no field time for L. She does have a really generous yard to mooch around though, with decent green pick so she doesn't miss out!

View attachment 55655
(Yes I have cut and washed her tail, it resembles something flaxen for the first time in months :rolleyes:).

Have a good weekend all :)
she's so pretty, love a haflinger <3

milliepops

Visit site
I had a lesson with a new instructor last night, which left me in tears. No idea why - Blue was uncooperative, I didn't click in the slightest with the instructor who wanted me to stick Blue in a pessoa, and it was a generally unproductive lesson, but I wouldn't have thought it was bad enough to cry over.
ahh bugger. other life stress bubbling over into horse time? sometimes that makes me react in a funny way to things.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site

Nothing exciting planned for the actual weekend. Hopefully plenty of hacking, and then she's getting her first clip of the year on Sunday. I was hoping to get away without it, but then she came back sweaty from an easy hack, despite being nowhere near her full winter fluff, so it's going to have to be done.

:( for the unproductive lesson! I cried to Tuffy, no idea why really but I think as MP says it was other stress spilling over.

We've scrapped Kelsall :(, but to cheer myself up I've managed to bagsy a spot on the Di Breeze clinic so Topaz will need clipping and resembling a dressage horse by Sunday :p. Also might take Skylla for a ride round Llany again if we can fit it in.

120061872_1416486148537241_1874616276836802951_n.jpg

JulesRules

Visit site
Just a lesson with Rory on Saturday, plus Smudge and her sharer coming with us for a shared lessin.
A friend is coming over on Saturday so we will take them both for a nice hack.
I started taking my summer track down last weekend ready for winter, so will probably do a bit more fencing.

Work is a bit manic at the moment so I haven't managed to ride since last Sunday ?. We've qualified for Quest Regionals in a few weeks so I really could do with getting lots of practise in although I'm convinced its going to get cancelled ?

Sheep

Visit site
I think we are probably going to xc schooling on Sunday, a local venue ran an EI event last wk (the last of the season!) last weekend so will be good to have a go* around the course.

*OH will be jockey for this

I’ve a lesson on Monday night then.

Had a fab ride last night, popped up a few jumps. I am a very nervous jumper so they were on the smaller side, prob 70-80, but big horse was great. His confidence is increasing massively which is just lovely, he is really keen and jolly!

SpottyTB

Visit site
Busy week schooling and hacking then off to a hunter trial on Sunday. We're sticking to 80cm and going for confidence building purposes, but i'd like no silly stops this week - the course is less technical and colourful than last weekend, but does have steps (which we didn't have last weekend) so we shall see!!

Not loving this sudden weather change, it's not making me want to ride!!!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I've got a lesson on Saturday and a long-ish hack with friends on Sunday.

I've not yet quite decided if I'm hacking or schooling tomorrow before work tomorrow.

Bernster

Visit site
MP same clinic as me?! Oh actually no yours is tmrw. You are my trail blazer then. Interested to hear how you get on.

sorry to hear that pippity. We invest a lot of time and energy into our horses and sometimes it gets a bit full on, so it’s understandable. I’ve shed a tear or two over horses.

blood_magik

Visit site
I’m taking the trusty big lad out jumping tomorrow and Saturday. We’re starting to move up the heights again but I’ve been nice to myself and entered the 1.05m speed class instead of the slightly scary 1.10m (It’s the 1.20 fences at the end that are still a bit ?)

Then I’m going to attempt to take the new boy to polework on Sunday. It’s close enough that we can hack home if he decides he doesn’t want to load in the small lorry. I also need to clear the indoor so the surface can be power harrowed next week as it’s starting to separate.

On a side note, I finally have a date for picking up my new lorry ? I’m Sooo excited for it ?

Hope everyone has a good weekend ☺️

oldie48

Visit site
Rose has been very nappy for the last 10 days, even napped with trainer at AM on Monday, which is unheard of. She's also been iffy to load and sticking her head up when I've gone to put the bridle on. Physio came on Tuesday and she was sore, right hindqs and left shoulder, we think she'd tweaked herself in the field and tbh now I'm mostly a vicarious rider, I have looked at her and thought she's "not quite right". I took her out on TROT this morning and she was rather too jolly for my taste, weather didn't help and I'm sure she was feeling better but it was a little bit unsettling especially as I've been warned not to fall off!
Tomorrow sharer is coming over to do some pole work and she's having a lesson at AM with my trainer on Monday. Not sure what's happening over the weekend with Rose but I am seeing my lovely daughter on Sunday, first time for a while and I've got a pilates lesson with my sharer on Saturday.
I hope everyone has fun over the weekend, hopefully the weather is improving but my arena is appreciating the rain we have had.

Lexi_

Visit site
Wheee, looking fab there AE, and your weather looks glorious. We've had an early hack in the rain this morning. I'm hoping he will be dry enough to trim legs later. Probably a light schooling session tomorrow I might even do a bit without my stirrups although hes rather bouncy! Then kelsall on saturday - goal is not to get E'd

What number are you? I’ll keep an eye out ?

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm stressaging on Sunday with the big cob. I've entered M63 and M71 but I'm going to ride through both on Saturday and maybe choose one to do. At least I have flexibility.

Little cob had a wee jump last weekend which he loved. He was so excited. So maybe another this weekend, or maybe we will continue to play with his half passes. We shall see.