weekend plans

racebuddy

Visit site
well since its thursday , its nearly the weekend ,

weekend at home this weekend , car due for mot next week , so no jumping this weekend , currently on tier 2 but poss moving to tier three so may not be able to travel to shows or arena hires over the coming weeks :(:(:(:( but on the plus side we staying safe and key worker so stressful times , hope everyone keeping well

Michen

Visit site
I am taking Boggle and Bear to the cotswolds for another weekend of hacking. Boggle is going for my friend whose horse can’t now go, so he will only be able to do short quiet hacks but she can take him out on her own whilst we go for longer ones!

Should be a fun little road trip with ponies and puppy!

dorsetladette

Visit site
B2 hopefully goes on Wednesday so last weekend with him. I plan on making him look slightly less unkept before he goes. So some pamper time with the special one. Riding in the paddock for B1 as hacking is to stressful and B2 can't be left alone.
Then there is fence and shelter fixing, chain harrowing and acorn raking. followed by gin drinking and a bonfire with the broken/unusable fencing and shelter parts.

humblepie

Visit site
Rara007. Look forward to your report. The logistics of getting there would be interesting reading let alone the event. Good luck.

Bernster

Visit site
Wow rara that’s awesome. Well done. Smart flag too.

Day off tmrw for horse chores, which I love doing, pottering about and spending time with the nags. Vet visit for both for various checks and to discuss what next with finnegan (still not sure what’s going on with him but would like to try and get to the bottom of it if we can as he’s not as happy on the left as on the right rein). Hacking, saddler and then physio for me, and a visit to the tack shop for a mooch about. Last time I gave in to my need for pink for the new ‘girl‘ and I’m not ashamed to admit it ☺️
84DB578D-63A5-4980-AEA3-02131574A75D.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
Glorious morning here, I hacked Rose, she's very fit and it was a real pleasure to be out. My sharer is competing her Friday week, a couple of elementary tests, should be interesting as she hasn't been out for ages, hasn't done an elementary test since 2015 and it seems she has forgotten how to do rein back which is in one of the tests. Tomorrow sharer is schooling her and hoping to find the rein back button, tbh I am not bothered about her scores as long as they both have a good experience. Saturday she is off and Sunday sharer will school her. She's being clipped on Tuesday and I have an in hand session booked for Thursday afternoon. She's being ridden 6 days a week but sharer varies the work both in terms of type and intensity and she is looking and feeling very good.

scats

Visit site
Working Saturday but may take Millie out somewhere Sunday- either farm ride or arena hire. Must pull my finger out with Polly too as she’s taken a back seat (again!) as I’ve been unwell this week.
Very excited for next week as I was offered a role by the dog grooming academy who I trained with, to teach in the academy and assess the apprentices. My business is doing fantastically, but I’m keen to keep the door open for other opportunities so going to do 2 days a week for them (I was asked how many days I wanted and how much money I wanted!).

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No plans for me, pottering at home again trying to do our homework from Dressage Skool this week I reckon. If the weather holds I'll take pivo outdoors and try and get some video.
Plus the lovely daffy gave me her spare long band so I will also be tying myself up in knots and seeing if that makes me sit properly in zigzags o_Oo_Oo_O something to do half way through a session rather than at the start when she's at maximum SASS!

Northern

Visit site
Working this weekend booooo. But at least it’s supposed to be raining, so no great loss! Will be trying to dodge the weather and get some schooling in. We’re off to a training day next weekend, where we’ll attempt our first ever novice test. It’s a casual day with a Chance to chat with the judges about our tests, so I’m looking forward to some constructive feedback!

Meanwhile we’re drowning in grass, it’s taller than my pony in places! Saw my first snake of the season today, lucky she slithered off before we stood on her! Pony didn’t notice, she was too busy gawking at a lady with umbrella ?

872DAB5E-1A41-43DB-9E01-E2509F3F4C98.jpeg

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I had another nice hack out with share horse today and am going out again tomorrow - his owner and I agreed we'd start working on me going out by myself so hopefully we can take a step with this.

I've not done my lessons for a couple of weeks now and trying to decide what to do about this - feeling a bit stuck around how to progress things with my riding (although I do enjoy my hacking with share horse and the solo riding is a good goal to work on for now). Sometimes I think 'sod it maybe I should just buy my own horse' but that would be nuts...right?! A more reasonable step might be for me to go back to my lessons in another week or two and see how I go, or try another RS for a change.

Roxylola

Visit site
We were at Amber's Echo's yard for a jump clinic today. Supercob had a fat knee after his rather gallant "no thanks you go first" moment yesterday, but trotted up sound so we loaded up on the proviso that if he missed at all he'd be brought straight back without fault or blame.
Travelled super despite google maps taking us over cat and fiddle ?
Nicola was there when we arrived so I explained our adventure yesterday and said we would try but if he was at all off we wouldnt continue.
The yard looks super and the arena and views are just amazing on every side, and with some fab jumps so we now have yard envy.
Supercob was absolutely fine and jumped everything we asked, he is still a bit weak in canter and once hes down and flat its difficult to jump so I need to work on keeping him up and really using my corners and in between fences to balance him rather than taking advantage of a respite from carrying him round! If I ride better I dont have to carry him round!
And, most important Toby is rather lovely, very genuine and just such a nice compact little horse. He seems such a willing little dude and hes come so far from his early jumping videos AE shared. He seems to really get it and be enjoying his job - love him ?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Loved the Nicola Wilson SJ clinic. Lovely to meet you and supercob Roxylola! He looked great.

Thrilled to bits with Toby. Those jumps were a pretty decent size by the end for us. He is really working out what to do with himself. And was forward, willing and bold. Considering he was very backwards to a fence and hesitant when we started out, his confidence has just come on so much.

Dolly has a great lesson later on too. Nicola is just the loveliest person. I enjoyed it loads.

Tomorrow is Amber/s MRI which I am very nervous about. Please send vibes.

Then Sunday it's Norton Disney BE for Katie and Dolly. We are travelling down Saturday so I'm looking forward to that. I have had a really really rubbish week work-wise so I need a nice weekend with the horses and block adulting out for a while.

DressageCob

Visit site
Loved the Nicola Wilson SJ clinic. Lovely to meet you and supercob Roxylola! He looked great.

Thrilled to bits with Toby. Those jumps were a pretty decent size by the end for us. He is really working out what to do with himself. And was forward, willing and bold. Considering he was very backwards to a fence and hesitant when we started out, his confidence has just come on so much.

Dolly has a great lesson later on too. Nicola is just the loveliest person. I enjoyed it loads.

Tomorrow is Amber/s MRI which I am very nervous about. Please send vibes.

Then Sunday it's Norton Disney BE for Katie and Dolly. We are travelling down Saturday so I'm looking forward to that. I have had a really really rubbish week work-wise so I need a nice weekend with the horses and block adulting out for a while.

Good luck AE! I hope you get good news.

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hugo and i have got some more dressage planned for Saturday, an Intro and a prelim. He's been really fun this week (not - very argumentative) so hopefully he does his usual get to comp and go super well .. otherwise i might actually combust!

Needless to say, i am really excited for show jumping next week!

JulesRules

Visit site
Eeek, Quest Regionals for us on Saturday so I'm taking Rory to a yard down the road tomorrow to use their hot wash box and solarium to try to make him presentable. Next time I buy a horse, someone remind me buy a darker coloured one ?

Early start Saturday as the venue is the best part of 2 hours away and I'm early on in the first class. Hopefully it will be reasonably quiet when we arrive so Rory settles okay at a new venue. I only have 25 minutes between MyQuest and Team Quest and need to change saddle pad as well as from my normal gear into team colours. Luckily Smudge's sharer is coming as groom so she can do the saddle pad whilst I wriggle into my much hated white breeches ?

Sunday I'm going to chill and relax. I got knocked flying in the field last week by Smudge who was trying to escape from Rory, who was being an a*se. Smudge went straight through me and I hit the deck and I'm still feeling pretty sore, so once Saturday is out of the way I think a few days of taking it easy are in order.

Last edited:

Chippers1

Visit site
Competing on Sunday! Off to Arena eventing at Eland Lodge. Only doing the 60cm as having a bit of a confidence crisis at the moment. Hopefully we'll have fun :)
Hacking yesterday, this is a plane landing towards him which he watched with interest then spooked at a straw bale a couple of minutes later :D:rolleyes:
Screenshot_20201016-075015_Instagram.jpg

JulesRules

Visit site
Have a great day JR and hope it goes well. Did you get a pair of acceptable white breeches in the end (I think you were looking)?

Lol, well remembered. I already had a pair of white breeches, they are just a bit see through and I didn't want to buy new ones as I don't generally wear white (they don't suit me or the pony). I managed to make them more wearable with the addition of skin coloured tights and nude pants under ? so I guess I'll cope with them for the half hour or so I'll have them on and for a few team pictures. As soon as I've done my team test and had a few pictures with the team they will be straight off!! ?