weekend plans

racebuddy

Visit site
well since its thursday whats everyones plans for the weekend , mine having a day off today as not had one all week , done mix of schooling and hacking , plan to go cross country schooling at somerford saturday on the tech areans , see how brave i am , looking forward to getting out a few weekends before xmas and hope we are not locked back down again post xmas .

j1ffy

Visit site
It's great to be able to get out again - enjoy your arena xc!

We're off for a lesson with a dressage trainer about an hour away (part of my mission to get Danny in front of lots of people and see if we can sell via word of mouth come Spring!), then Danny is staying there overnight and we're competing at the same place on Saturday.

I'm very excited as I've convinced my OH to meet me there and we're staying overnight in a pub with rooms - dinner out AND someone else doing all the washing up and cleaning! We're living in a building site at home as OH is building our extension, so it will be a real treat to be somewhere that has all the walls and ceilings in the right places and not wake up thinking of all the jobs we need to do :D

Sunday he's working on the house so I'll go for a hack on Danny and get 3yo Chilli in for a proper check over, hopefully he's put on enough weight and hair to have his rug off soon.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I have a lesson tomorrow and then I will be writing/stewarding at the competition j1ffy is at on Saturday. I must admit my motivation levels are at absolute zero at the moment. I think it's partly the time of the year, but I think losing Cassie and our little old pony, and getting Maddie all in the space of a few weeks has just caught up with me. Maddie has been so well behaved so far, but I am aware that we are a new partnership, so don't really want to take the foot off the pedal yet to give her some time off. I think once we get to January I will find my mojo again as we can start working on Summer season qualifications.

j1ffy

Visit site
I have a lesson tomorrow and then I will be writing/stewarding at the competition j1ffy is at on Saturday. I must admit my motivation levels are at absolute zero at the moment. I think it's partly the time of the year, but I think losing Cassie and our little old pony, and getting Maddie all in the space of a few weeks has just caught up with me. Maddie has been so well behaved so far, but I am aware that we are a new partnership, so don't really want to take the foot off the pedal yet to give her some time off. I think once we get to January I will find my mojo again as we can start working on Summer season qualifications.

You've had one hell of a time of it, there's no need to rush. I go up and down with motivation and it's often completely unrelated to how the horse is going - work pressure, personal life pressures all add up - and there are periods when going for some hacks, or giving your horse a cuddle and just breathing them in for a while, is the best thing you can do.

It will be lovely to see you :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
You've had one hell of a time of it, there's no need to rush. I go up and down with motivation and it's often completely unrelated to how the horse is going - work pressure, personal life pressures all add up - and there are periods when going for some hacks, or giving your horse a cuddle and just breathing them in for a while, is the best thing you can do.

It will be lovely to see you :)

Thank you - wise words. Looking forward to seeing you and Danny too. xx

Yep that's me - completely unmotivated at the moment! The weather, Buzz's eye (which is pretty much fully healed), my yet again broken horsebox...all getting to me a bit. Think i might just start again in Jan!

Sorry to hear you are part of the same club - things do seem to pile up from time to time. January sounds like a good plan, and Buzz's eye will be hopefully back to normal by then. xx

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the usual weekend of household drudgery and poo picking, I reckon!
The littlest Sasspants had her first vaccination today, another milestone ticked off.
Big Sasspants is waiting on a trip to the vets so no work for her. Just pushing wheelbarrows of poo around then! :rolleyes:

thank god for the cutest cuddles otherwise it all seems like a lot of hard going ;) I'm super chuffed with how she's handled weaning, better than I dared hope, I had put so much pressure on myself to get it right and everything went very easily :)

129509385_3862111830466965_3594568946642345976_o.jpg

Sprat

Visit site
Still in tier 3 so nothing interesting happening, though I am going to go for a walk with my mum as haven't seen her for ages.

Exciting stuff for pony things though - we got our test results back from the last novice test we did, and managed to smash a 73.81%! The last few have all been upwards of 66% so I am going to have a crack at recording an elementary test on Saturday. A nice easy one, E44 which does look quite friendly. I would like to get out to a real life comp soon but there's not much about in my area until after Christmas so I'll probably wait until then to get going unless I can find some UA stuff to do.

Enjoy to all of those going out and about, good luck!

Bernster

Visit site
Another one struggling with motivation despite having two to ride! Lorry also on the Fritz as I think I had the wrong buttons on and the battery is dead, not even turning over. So probably waiting for the breakdown guys this weekend. Doh.

Hacking and possibly put some small jumps up in the arena. Not jumped for ages and school is quite small so can’t do much.

Roxylola

Visit site
Less than 3 weeks til it starts getting lighter guys, I find that helps hugely with my motivation (also the fact that I've got 2 xc clinics in the next 2 weeks and camp at the end of jan). And I only paid for winter BD and lost a month already with lockdown so I'm kicking on to power through. Reality is I'd love to hibernate at the moment.

Those are excellent results Sprat very impressed, what a shame you cant get out and about.
Good luck Rara, we're going to try a double at my trainers next time we go there - hopefully it will add a bit of refinement to our frame etc

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Isolated as a Covid contact!

No walking out on the road then, but I can still ride our 10 minutes on the arena at walk one day and ground drive the other day in the arena, I reckon. It won't do Rigsby any harm, he hasn't had a day off from his gruelling 10 minutes a day schedule for ages.

Good luck and have a great time to everyone else who is going somewhere.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Clipping and hacking!
M normally spends all winter with a full clip in a no fill turnout and is absolutely fine with it (she's also generally fat :rolleyes:) but she's currently wooly and miserable in her no fill so I've ordered a medium weight to go with her new no fill.

I will also be working on my PhD thesis as I'm just 28 days from my final submission deadline :eek:. OH has promised he'll sort the tow car and trailer if I submit on time so I better get a move on ?.

Sprat

Visit site
Less than 3 weeks til it starts getting lighter guys, I find that helps hugely with my motivation (also the fact that I've got 2 xc clinics in the next 2 weeks and camp at the end of jan). And I only paid for winter BD and lost a month already with lockdown so I'm kicking on to power through. Reality is I'd love to hibernate at the moment.

Those are excellent results Sprat very impressed, what a shame you cant get out and about.
Good luck Rara, we're going to try a double at my trainers next time we go there - hopefully it will add a bit of refinement to our frame etc
Thank you, I am thrilled. Actually ran through E44 this evening and it rode very nicely so high hopes that I don’t fluff it up too much.

I am however more thrilled that it will be getting lighter in 3 weeks time. It’s only just December and it feels like it has been a very long winter already ?

Enjoy the xc clinics and camp

Sprat

Visit site
Isolated as a Covid contact!

No walking out on the road then, but I can still ride our 10 minutes on the arena at walk one day and ground drive the other day in the arena, I reckon. It won't do Rigsby any harm, he hasn't had a day off from his gruelling 10 minutes a day schedule for ages.

Good luck and have a great time to everyone else who is going somewhere.

Sorry you are having to isolate, how pants ☹️

Roxylola

Visit site
Thank you, I am thrilled. Actually ran through E44 this evening and it rode very nicely so high hopes that I don’t fluff it up too much.

I am however more thrilled that it will be getting lighter in 3 weeks time. It’s only just December and it feels like it has been a very long winter already ?

Enjoy the xc clinics and camp
44 was our first elementary too, rode really well until I got a bit lost at H during the last canter ? but it flows well. Good luck and enjoy

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
Working at the stables (money for horse, yay!) and then paddy is off to liphook on Sunday to settle on for his bone scan on Monday. Then no paddy until Wednesday as he is apparently going to be too radioactive ?‍♀️ Not quite sure if it’s that concerning why it’s safe to put in him but there you go, health and safety I guess??

Roxylola

Visit site
Yes that simple change really creeps up on you!
Got to H, rode the best canter trot transition we've ever done, and was all set to turn up the centre line. 2 strides in I went this is wrong, shouldn't be trotting, but what should I be doing???? Think think think. They'll bell me, they haven't belled me as I trot past the box... panic panic. I'll stop here (at M) someone will bell me and remind me, nobody's belled me, wtf should I be doing... Cantering! I should be cantering let's go charlie.
In my defence I'd just ridden a very similar novice test, it was lancing down with rain to the extent I had to ask if theyd rung the bell for me to go in as i couldn't hear it. We still got a good sheet though, just a 4 and not performed for that bit ?

scats

Visit site
Working all weekend. I’m in complete hibernation mode at the moment, doing bare minimum at the yard and horses are still enjoying a holiday.
This time of year is the only time I ever wish someone would take my horses for a couple of months so I can snuggle in the house. My tolerance for the cold and dark is at an all time low.