weekend plans

racebuddy

Visit site
happy wednesday .

hope everyone having a good weekend , miine had quiet week this week as did a lot last week and done three shift changes in work already so not much sleep , 5am start fed, turned out mucked out and bed down and in work for 6,45 , thankfully finish at three ,

had monday off had lunge last night and will have today off and hack tommorow ,

planning to go to somerford friday as off work as hoping the tech arena will be quieter than on a weekend , anyone been in the week ?

chilled weekend this weekend , cant reme,ber the last time had a chilled weekend and no were to be or wasnt working , plan to hack over the weekend ,

just out of curiosity , i always jump with overreach boots on but velcro always gets wet , how many people jump with them on ?

j1ffy

Visit site
Ooh, a Wednesday weekend thread! I got all confused then and thought it was Thursday (darn, another work day to go...).

Not much on here after our busy weekend last week and a very busy work week for me - I thought clients would be winding down towards Christmas but they all seem determined to get as much done before next Friday as possible! Not helped by a programme I work on hitting the press today.

So a nice hack on Friday. I'd like to school on Saturday morning but there's a SJ clinic at the yard so it depends what time that runs from / until. Then a hack on Sunday!

I'm toying with having a stab at a couple of elementaries before the end of the year. Danny is definitely a bit green for them but he has all the 'moves' and there's a BD comp on 30th December that we could get to. Can anyone either give me a boot up the backside or tell me I'm mad?

RB - how about using the cheap, old-fashioned pull-on boots to get around the velcro issue? And is wet velcro really an issue?

racebuddy

Visit site
Ooh, a Wednesday weekend thread! I got all confused then and thought it was Thursday (darn, another work day to go...).

Not much on here after our busy weekend last week and a very busy work week for me - I thought clients would be winding down towards Christmas but they all seem determined to get as much done before next Friday as possible! Not helped by a programme I work on hitting the press today.

So a nice hack on Friday. I'd like to school on Saturday morning but there's a SJ clinic at the yard so it depends what time that runs from / until. Then a hack on Sunday!

I'm toying with having a stab at a couple of elementaries before the end of the year. Danny is definitely a bit green for them but he has all the 'moves' and there's a BD comp on 30th December that we could get to. Can anyone either give me a boot up the backside or tell me I'm mad?

RB - how about using the cheap, old-fashioned pull-on boots to get around the velcro issue? And is wet velcro really an issue?
have a fun hack , the velcro is fine until it gets wet and starts undoing post jump or completely loose it all together

Roxylola

Visit site
Quiet Saturday probably hacking, Andy Heffernan clinic at somerford sunday morning.
We dont boot for anything really, but honestly I think those awful clippy cloppy westrop (I think) petal style over reach boots are the best for not coming off, not turning etc if you can bear the noise

racebuddy

Visit site
Quiet Saturday probably hacking, Andy Heffernan clinic at somerford sunday morning.
We dont boot for anything really, but honestly I think those awful clippy cloppy westrop (I think) petal style over reach boots are the best for not coming off, not turning etc if you can bear the noise

hi i might try without whilst on a surface and see how we get on , he has 4 on in the field as had a few bad overreach injuries in the past even when had shoes taken off , i absoltely hate the click ones , i am looking forward to somerford on friday even though wheather focast awful , just a little quietr really as its so busy on a weekend and sometimes difficuly to get jumped properly , xx

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Have a jump lesson tomorrow evening (so technically not a weekend plan but shhh), then on Saturday I’ve got an arena XC/SJ clinic with Ros Canter which I am so excited about! Nearly couldn’t go because tow car broke down, but my lovely colleague is lending me her Land Rover for the morning!

Hopefully Henry will behave himself... he’s never been to this place before so could involve him throwing some funky shapes...

Bernster

Visit site
Weekend plan , service and check over horsebox for MOT. Maybe next year we might be able to go somewhere . Only another 6 years and it will be tax and mot exempt , Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that a thing - Exempt from tax and mot?! Got the recovery folks out for mine this weekend. Think it’s a flat battery. Duh. Gonna get an isolator fitted !

Bernster

Visit site
Yesterday’s lesson reminded that riding is not easy!! Fun, educational, but not easy. Working with new horse. She’s very different to finnegan and a mare, so I need to adjust my approach. She needs to build her strength and suppleness, and accept the contact. Am having to up my game. Am feeling it today - I ache from using my core! Ive gotten comfortable with a more established horse who knows what he’s doing and understands (or ignores, as appropriate!) my less precise aids.

I must be a masochist though as I’m enjoying getting the hang of her and hoping it will pay off in time!

Chippers1

Visit site
Horsebox still dead so not much for me this weekend! Took Buzz out for a hack yesterday after a few days off from his fall and he was very spooky, think he expected cats to dart out from everywhere! So probably just some more hacking for me so he can relax again.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Polework clinic Saturday - worm a foal and sunday hacking.

which of those 3 will provide the most excitement?
haha, i have to worm mine too but actually that's not usually too dramatic.
not much on here. Friend coming over to meet new horse and drink mulled sloe gin at the yard :cool: (apparently that's a thing)

Might see how Kira feels on the weekend as she will be a few days into her meds. if the weather is nice I'll take her out for walkies. otherwise... just more poo picking :rolleyes: hopefully everyone will stay in their correct fields this weekend o_O
probably raid the hedge at the retirement village to make a wreath, they have plenty of nice things growing round their field.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Lesson Saturday morning, really enjoying our flatwork at the moment! Then my friend's horse is out of action for the foreseeable future so I've said she can pop on mine so she's going to have a little go Saturday afternoon. Win win for both of us, my chubby native gets a bit more exercise as work is pretty busy atm, and my friend gets a (generally) well behaved fun pony to have a bit of no stress fun on. She's doing a pole clinic on her that I can't make in a few weeks.

j1ffy

Visit site
haha, i have to worm mine too but actually that's not usually too dramatic.
not much on here. Friend coming over to meet new horse and drink mulled sloe gin at the yard :cool: (apparently that's a thing)

Might see how Kira feels on the weekend as she will be a few days into her meds. if the weather is nice I'll take her out for walkies. otherwise... just more poo picking :rolleyes: hopefully everyone will stay in their correct fields this weekend o_O
probably raid the hedge at the retirement village to make a wreath, they have plenty of nice things growing round their field.

There is an actual (Bupa) retirement village where I live, so I was very confused for a moment reading that ? I'd be marched off the property if so much as touched a hedge!

Fingers crossed Kira continues to improve, and enjoy the mulled sloe gin :D

Scotsbadboy

Visit site

Ahh the memories of using these as a kid for gymkhana and jumping. Do they still make them? :)

Hacking new horse is the plan for the weekend and hopefully finishing off his clip, now he isnt trembling in a corner as soon as the clippers go on bless him, its taken a lot of effort to desensitize him to them. Also need to do some trailer training for no reason other than i dont know if he's been in one before and i like spending time with him working on our groundwork :)

racebuddy

Visit site
Clear round arena eventing Sunday! Very excited, though I bet not as excited as Skylla will be :eek:...
ahh you will have a great tiime , i am not doing kelsall this winter as jumped his sock off all last winter , and horses with stops , literally trotting round got all the points and someone i know tunred up on last show and won all the prizes , we timed it on our own watches and times were way out , and become very expensive now and no fun xxx

Roxylola

Visit site
ahh you will have a great tiime , i am not doing kelsall this winter as jumped his sock off all last winter , and horses with stops , literally trotting round got all the points and someone i know tunred up on last show and won all the prizes , we timed it on our own watches and times were way out , and become very expensive now and no fun xxx
Clear round is cheaper but without a chance of a frilly, I'll be going to the January one. It's more of a schooling exercise from my point of view. We dont jump much at home and not at all in winter so it keeps us ticking over.
In other news I'm sure you can get petal boots still, honestly I know they're noisy and not pretty like the velcro ones but they work and stay put

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Clear round is cheaper but without a chance of a frilly, I'll be going to the January one. It's more of a schooling exercise from my point of view. We dont jump much at home and not at all in winter so it keeps us ticking over.
In other news I'm sure you can get petal boots still, honestly I know they're noisy and not pretty like the velcro ones but they work and stay put

Stop being mean about petal boots I love them :p, I did a pairs class once (thought I was going to die so not attempted again lol) and a non horsey spectator was most horrified at the noise coming from Topaz's feet wearing them lol.

Yeah I figured the clear round might be 'quieter' and so less exciting for the wee sassy-knickers grey one!

Roxylola

Visit site
If I had a horse that needed over reaches I'd probably use petals, never known them rub anything either unlike the fluff on the fancy ones they dont hold water or surface at all

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Dressage lesson Saturday and then I'm going to drive my old horse over to Somerford so that his new teenage loaner can have a pop around in the Ash arena. They'd both much prefer to be in the big techniques arena, but sadly all booked out for the weekend! Itching to get my eventer there for XC schooling, but waiting until late Jan or early Feb as he really doesn't need to do it until just before the season is about to start, now that he's experienced enough to know the score about all things XC.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Had a biomechanics lesson today. Toby is really coming along well. Very pleased with him. Then not much else for me. I've got a new client on Saturday morning wanting to get over a jumping fear so hope that goes well. And Katie is taking Dolly arena eventing at Eland Lodge.

racebuddy

Visit site
Dressage lesson Saturday and then I'm going to drive my old horse over to Somerford so that his new teenage loaner can have a pop around in the Ash arena. They'd both much prefer to be in the big techniques arena, but sadly all booked out for the weekend! Itching to get my eventer there for XC schooling, but waiting until late Jan or early Feb as he really doesn't need to do it until just before the season is about to start, now that he's experienced enough to know the score about all things XC.
Omg cant believe its all booked up all weekend , mine is a experienced jumper but he absolutely thrives off the work ?? is a nightmare if he sees the lorry going out without him ??

Roxylola

Visit site
Omg cant believe its all booked up all weekend , mine is a experienced jumper but he absolutely thrives off the work ?? is a nightmare if he sees the lorry going out without him ??
Theyve got clinics running and are having to be very strict about numbers

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
what drives me mad is the amount of times there are clinics in there with people jumping 60/70 and falling off left right and centre, who should have probably booked the Ash arena instead!