Weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Who has plans this weekend?

Nothing on here. Had a good lesson yesterday, more pi/pa stuff which feels like groundhog day but tbh i can progress the other work by myself at the moment. She's making good strides forward and there are pennies dropping every week so we're getting closer each time :D Still inclined to plug her ears up my nose but the legwork is improving, passage she got her knees up yesterday and stayed in a rhythm, whoo hooo, haha! and we have had a piaffe lightbulb this week so she now sees the aid as having meaning, rather than us accidentally ending up with piaffe-ish steps as the result of a choreography of other stuff :p as always the outline will be the last thing to fall into place so just have to ignore that for now.

It's all been quite hard won because she had no natural inclination for this work so has had to learn it from zero, unlike horses that offer passage when they are excited etc. and it took her a while to understand what it was all about as she got so stressed out over it. I was so despondent last year, but now the progression ahead is clear, yay :cool:

So more of the same planned, and pottering with the Young Ones at home...

Have fun all :D

Alibear

Visit site
I've got a lesson on Saturday but nothing apart from that. Amber has been a bit flat and grumpy this week. I think winter coat coming in + hot weather has meant she's been uncomfortable.
We're off to the breed show a week today, so I'll keep things quiet and easy for her and hope the training we've done earlier this year is enough.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I've got a lesson on Saturday but nothing apart from that. Ambers has been a bit flat and grumpy this week. I think winter coat coming in + hot weather has meant she's been uncomfortable.
We're off to the breed show a week today, so I'll keep things quiet and easy for her and hope the training we've done earlier this year is enough.
K went really flat last weekend, i think the coat changing time coupled with it suddenly going boiling just knocked her for 6. she's also winding up for the last flush of hormones of the year which also tends to make things go sideways... i gave her a few quiet days and she seems OK now so hopefully it'll be the same for Amber :)

racebuddy

Visit site
last day in work tommorow , mine have had chilled week hacking and schooling , they are off to another yard for 2 weeks on holiday livery while i go and enjoy 2 weeks in the sunshine drinking cocktails before back to clip and start treadmilling them and getting the new one out to some arena hires to get used to him . xx

McFluff

Visit site
Scottish Dressage champs this weekend. So a lesson tomorrow for a final tune up, then writing at the show, before trying to get the beast presentable.
Then competing on Saturday.
Then I have a friends memorial on the Sunday, which will be sad, but hopefully chance to remember all the fun times we had.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Yes, we have a weekend with actual plans, with actual riding!
Jump clinic 1st thing Saturday morning, haven't jumped in a lesson for ages.
Sunday am taking B to regional breed show, entered lots but really only likely to do in hand and 2 whp classes, then watch the riddens in the afternoon as I'll be pooped by then!
Good luck to those competing and whatever you do, hope it's fun and you enjoy it x

SEL

Visit site
Moving the horses to my own recently purchased little yard tomorrow - I'll be fine once they are there but the Appy is horrendous to box and travel so right now feeling very apprehensive. Professionals are doing the job for me and they've loaded her before so fingers crossed.

Microcob has had most of the week off due to it being too hot for both of us. Popped on her today in the hackamore and decided we were NOT going to try and bog off in cob trot. Bit of a strop but then she settled down and worked really, really nicely. If she can carry on like that I may well get round to an intro test at some point. We won't discuss wall of death canter :rolleyes:

AandK

Visit site
Taking Charlie for the usual in hand walk tomorrow, then on Saturday husband and I are off to the Lake District for a week. We're stopping half way up around Walsall (it's quite a journey from West Sussex!) on Sat evening and then continuing to Windermere on Sunday morning. It's the first proper break we've had since Jan 20 (any time off work has been spent at home) so really looking forward to it!

Bernster

Visit site
Plans sounds lovely. Exciting new land purchase and trip to the lakes. Used to go every year as a kid. I remember it rained a lot but it is beautiful!

After a slow start this year I’m am now Making Plans. Off to our first xc on Sunday. It’s a tiddly clear round and I suspect Bertie will find it all beneath him (I hope!) but you gotta start somewhere. Doing the solo and then pairs with my friend who is taking finnegan. Low expectations, just to see how Bertie is and what we need to work on. Have a few things planned for Sept and Oct (in amongst Social Life which seems to get in the way, but must be done!) and there don’t seem to be enough weekends to do all the things I want to do. It’s lovely to feel motivated again.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Same as last weekend. I might sit on Joe, I might not ?

I'm feeling a lot of gumption rising to get on with it now that it's just the two mongrel boys again. (Yes, she's gone, difficult sale, quite raw, don't want to talk about it yet please).

He's gone reasonably level, not so bum high, so the timing is good in that respect too.

Ludo needs a new trainer, comms difficulties and persistent late starts to lessons have put paid to the last one. So we'll just play this weekend. I'm joining a local riding club so hope to get to some clinics soon. I've also noticed on a recent video that he has his hypermobility under control judging by the fetlocks, so we can crack on and do some serious work. He's also now almost reached 16.2, which is going some for a horse we hoped would make 15.2 ?

Good luck to everyone competing, have fun everyone, competing or not.

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Saturday jumping clinic with Arts and then Sunday scoring or start-boxing or something at an UA event. Have been away with work all week so Arty will be going in pretty cold to the jumping, but hey ho.

What have you lot done to the weather though?!? When I left the UK on Monday it looked like this:
Screenshot_2021-09-09-18-04-50-26_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

ycbm

Visit site
16.2, wow he’s shot up!

It's really quite funny. I took him to a friend's house Tuesday and called her over to stand by him and she was astonished. He's now a heck of an eyeful, if I say it myself. A spotted 16.2 who looks like a TB ? I do literally adore him, he has such a lovely character, he's a dream to ride with his flexibility and trainability and I can't imagine he is ever going to leave me on his feet. He's the first horse I have ever wanted to offer a retirement home to.

Friend on him, Tuesday.

B21I8496.jpeg

ycbm

Visit site
Bet he’s stunning irl. Were you worried he might not be big enough, seem to recall that? Glad he’s all grown up!

I thought he'd probably make 15.2, which was all I wanted. I thought I was done with big horses now I'm older. I remember doing both string tests on him and one came out at 16.2 and the other at 16.3. I just laughed about how ridiculously inaccurate string tests must be and forgot about it ? He's not finished yet, he still looks leggy and could easily go the other inch before he's 8, he has another 2 years!

I think he's stunning, but I'm biased. Very arab head, very tb legs, super solid muscly body. And great spots, of course ? Neck's a bit long and weedy but you can't have everything ?. And it's very hard to fault his temperament, he's never really put a foot wrong ridden and he's a sweetheart to handle. I love him. I can hardly believe I've had him four years soon.

Sheep

Visit site
Dressage on Sunday, the last of the summer league. Doing two tests as usual and my friend is coming along with her turbo cob too, should be good fun. Long arena for all tests which is nice.
OH home from work this weekend so he might want to go for a lesson on Monday, both taking the day off ?

CrazyMare

Visit site
I'm going to dressage at Vale View. Last time we went there we did the test in the right hand 15m of the arena as one side was too terrifying.

Aim this time is to use 18m of the arena ??

He's going so well at home and so relaxed, we are just going out loads to experiance other things and try to broaden the horizons.

Plus, there's only 4 in one class, so he'll get a rosette.....??????

Pippity

Visit site
I'm booked in for a couple of classes at my local show. I foolishly entered us for a coloured class (which includes roans) but, since then, she's exploded into winter fluff and her roaning is no longer especially visible! Hopefully we won't be booted out for entering under false pretences.

This will be our first ridden showing, because I'm a wimp and worry about her tanking off in the go-round if another horse gets abreast of her. She was in definite slug mode when I entered, so I figured we'd be okay. Unfortunately, she's been getting some rocket fuel from somewhere and our entire lesson on Wednesday was spent reinstalling the concept of trotting without breaking the sound barrier.

Anyway, she's bound to pull a shoe on Saturday so she doesn't have to go.